No more fast track immigration arrivals at BKK airport for biz/first class passengers?

6 hours ago, farmerjo said:

So if no business fast track.

Does a retirement stamp in passport count as long stay to still go thru fast track.

Anyone tried it?

Pink card have got me through Thai passport line, when not travelling with wife. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, farmerjo said:

So if no business fast track.

Does a retirement stamp in passport count as long stay to still go thru fast track.

Anyone tried it?

No it's for over 70's

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

What about Thailand Elite?

Thai Elite still fast tracked as of one week ago. Picked up from gate and taken to immigration. Very quick and great service.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Even the paid fasttrack scheme is not as good as before at Suvarnbhum Bangkok airport.

Before they would greet you right at the gate at the exit of the walk through tunnel out of the plane, and then accompany you to the closest fast track counter and then meet you after the immigration passage.

Now one needs to walk a bit, find another specific gate and meet and greet the staff who will show you a empty hall with a immigration counter. Last time the chap just showed the counter and vanished. Never saw him after crossing immigration.

And the immigration chap was in a bad mood as i maybe disturbed his nap and was trying his best to ask all sorts of rubbish like show cash ? show bording pass ?...anything to make a fuss but at the end as I kept showin all his absurd requests with my stupid smile and cooperating, he let me pass.

And when I exited this specific gate, the other people in the plane going through the normal immigration channel had already passed and were waiting at the luggage belt. Not worth to use the paid fast track service at all at Bangkok.

Thailand cannot become a world class with such 3rd world ways of managing the airport.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Phuket's International airport does not have a fast track lane. 

But my experience (with the LTR visa, and also I am age-70) is I have been able to use the Thai lane.  Further I usually travel with my Thai wife, so that also gets me through the Thai lane.

The last time we left Phuket, the line up for foreigners into the immigration security area was massive. So I went through the Thai line. My wife was ahead of me and she did not say we were married. But I was still allowed in the Thai line, either due to my age (70) or due to my LTR visa (or the person doing the entrance screening speculated we were together).

Once inside the security area, there were a few people lined up to go the the Thai immigration booth and no one in the line for Diplomat/officials/airline staff immigration booth, so I went to that later line and they processed my exit to airside.

Over a month later, on the way back to Phuket, I again went through the Thai line, ending up in a different Thai booth from my Thai wife. Again I was accepted, this time likely as I had an LTR visa or my age (as my wife was in a different Thai line).

I do note thou, it took a bit longer for the IO in the booth to figure out what to do with my LTR visa as I suspect they do not see such often in a Thai line. They enlisted help from an IO in another booth.

Possibly a similar approach to Phuket will be seen in Suvarnabhumi Airport ?

I think the authors of the article in Loyalty Lobby have made a massive blunder... 

I flew into Suvarnbumi a few days ago and used the Fast Track / Priority lane as normal.

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

Thailand elite is picked up by the arriving  gate, and transported through. Same service as the fast track airport services you could buy before. Not sure they are operative anymore.

Fast Track / Priority  lane used with Thai Elite arrival service (for myself and family) - same as usual, no changes. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/22/2024 at 9:30 PM, soi3eddie said:

I just saw this article on Loyalty Lobby. No more fast track immigration arrivals at BKK airport for business and first class passengers. It seems that they are still keeping Priority immigration for seniors, disabled, pregnant pax, etc.

If Thai Immigration were efficient all the time and not so "hit or miss" regarding waiting times, then no fast track line would be needed. So many times I've arrived and the wait has been over one hour. Admittedly, on rare occassion, I have entered a totally empty immigration arrival hall as first passenger. Unfortunately, it is never possible to predict just what chaos, or otherwise, awaits. A 10-20 minute wait is acceptable but longer than that is not. They should keep fast track.

When was the last time you "arrived and the wait has been over one hour"?

I've been through BKK six times so far this year, and the new layout in the regular immigration halls appears to have improved the overall flow and the gate-to-curb experience. Worst-case, I have got to the baggage claim easily less than 20 minutes after getting off the plane. Better to reserve the Priority arrivals for the senior, disabled, pregnant traveler who really need it with the perks of the 'front-of-the-bus' experience of Business/First travel limited to the 'bus'.

When one pays a premium to an airline for a premium travel experience, don't expect it to be extended through immigration and customs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

When was the last time you "arrived and the wait has been over one hour"?

I've been through BKK six times so far this year, and the new layout in the regular immigration halls appears to have improved the overall flow and the gate-to-curb experience. Worst-case, I have got to the baggage claim easily less than 20 minutes after getting off the plane. Better to reserve the Priority arrivals for the senior, disabled, pregnant traveler who really need it with the perks of the 'front-of-the-bus' experience of Business/First travel limited to the 'bus'.

When one pays a premium to an airline for a premium travel experience, don't expect it to be extended through immigration and customs.

Earlier this year, in February, I arrived and BOTH the immigration areas were rammed right down to the bottom of the ramps. Staff told me "one hour wait". Thankfully I managed to blag my way into the r/h side priority area for first, business etc. and was though in less than 10 minutes. For balance, I arrived again in late March and was first into an empty immigration hall as first passenger. Both times was exact same time of arrival. Meaning, one never knows what the situation will be depending on staffing levels and number of other flights.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

So basically you still get priority lanes just in the normal passport areas. It is a nothing story. Actually worse, it is an incorrect story.

So as one who has used the Fast Track for the last few trips, are Zones 1 and 2 clearly signposted as you walk up the long walkway from the gate?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, VBF said:

So as one who has used the Fast Track for the last few trips, are Zones 1 and 2 clearly signposted as you walk up the long walkway from the gate?

There never was a fast track in Zone 2. 

Yes it's clearly signed. 

Ignore the red square in this pic. Screenshot_20240517-143456.jpg.4a633b9f69da8ef15f4d90d3e3c61b9f.jpg

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, VBF said:

They are the normal, large immigration zones.  The fast-track/priority lane is on the right side as you go up the ramp.  The signage for the dedicated fast-track area (between the 2 main zones) is still there, as is the area itself as it still operates for a lot of people, just not business and first class.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Upnotover said:

That's departures, this thread is about arrivals.

Thanks - I thought I was the confused one - apparently not!  

12 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Earlier this year, in February, I arrived and BOTH the immigration areas were rammed right down to the bottom of the ramps. Staff told me "one hour wait". Thankfully I managed to blag my way into the r/h side priority area for first, business etc. and was though in less than 10 minutes. For balance, I arrived again in late March and was first into an empty immigration hall as first passenger. Both times was exact same time of arrival. Meaning, one never knows what the situation will be depending on staffing levels and number of other flights.

Yes, I agree that one never knows. One just need to arrive just after a couple of A380's disgorge their passengers, and things can clog up rapidly. Throw in a Chinese tour group and all bets are off.

But, based on your one bad out of two and my six good out of six, I still consider the odds are in favor of a quicker pass-through at immigration, regardless of where you sat on the airplane.

On 8/23/2024 at 7:13 PM, Gaccha said:

Another website is running this story...

Screenshot_20240823_191005_Opera.thumb.jpg.bf76b22633ea17aae3065e6f4082f08e.jpg

Although it is worth noting that they are relying on the OP's website only as a source.

I am unconvinced this is a permanent measure. 

And whoever David Flynn is, he's spreading misinformation.

• Confused 1

On 8/22/2024 at 9:30 PM, soi3eddie said:

I just saw this article on Loyalty Lobby. No more fast track immigration arrivals at BKK airport for business and first class passengers. It seems that they are still keeping Priority immigration for seniors, disabled, pregnant pax, etc.

If Thai Immigration were efficient all the time and not so "hit or miss" regarding waiting times, then no fast track line would be needed. So many times I've arrived and the wait has been over one hour. Admittedly, on rare occassion, I have entered a totally empty immigration arrival hall as first passenger. Unfortunately, it is never possible to predict just what chaos, or otherwise, awaits. A 10-20 minute wait is acceptable but longer than that is not. They should keep fast track.

I assume when previous PM instructed to sort out long arrivals waiting after numerous complaints, they just added the space to economy. Crowds got better distributed out. Never mind the premium pax. With sep. lines for seniors, disabled & families with kids there is no fasttracking for this froup either. Large young families with 1 kid & all members get preference? 1 wheelchair with 10 fam. members in tow. All get preference? I expect more ppl will find a reason to ask for wheelchair.

But: how long will it take before Thai premium pax will complain about being stuck in the economy queue?

When I returned in July ppl queued all the way into main walkway. 

2 hours ago, Letseng said:

I assume when previous PM instructed to sort out long arrivals waiting after numerous complaints, they just added the space to economy. Crowds got better distributed out. Never mind the premium pax. With sep. lines for seniors, disabled & families with kids there is no fasttracking for this froup either. Large young families with 1 kid & all members get preference? 1 wheelchair with 10 fam. members in tow. All get preference? I expect more ppl will find a reason to ask for wheelchair.

But: how long will it take before Thai premium pax will complain about being stuck in the economy queue?

When I returned in July ppl queued all the way into main walkway. 

Read the thread. It is a nonsense article. Sadly it has already been reposted by outer "new" outlets.

There are still priority lanes for first and business class passengers, they are just separate now in a different area in the main immigration zones - they aren't going in the same place as economy passengers.

They have basically now just separated first and business class passengers from BOI, monks, fake people in wheelchairs, elderly, pregnant, real people in wheelchairs, APEC card holders and people who are a bit poorly. They have NOT discontinued priority arrivals for business and first class.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Read the thread. It is a nonsense article. Sadly it has already been reposted by outer "new" outlets.

There are still priority lanes for first and business class passengers, they are just separate now in a different area in the main immigration zones - they aren't going in the same place as economy passengers.

They have basically now just separated first and business class passengers from BOI, monks, fake people in wheelchairs, elderly, pregnant, real people in wheelchairs, APEC card holders and people who are a bit poorly. They have NOT discontinued priority arrivals for business and first class.

So, if that's the case (and hopefully you're correct) where do biz class passengers go on arrival to get priority through Immigration?

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

So, if that's the case (and hopefully you're correct) where do biz class passengers go on arrival to get priority through Immigration?

The normal immigration zones 1 and 3 have Priority lanes for Business and First Class passengers.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The normal immigration zones 1 and 3 have Priority lanes for Business and First Class passengers.

Thank you 👍   all the way through this thread, I was thinking that THEY had been abolished along with the one that's hard to find.

Told you i was confused 🤔