My new weight loss regime.

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

That's what I am trying to do!

bob.

Looks like your strategy will take you somewhere, as you eat less and drink less. However, like more here have said, a little bit of walking, jogging or whatever you like to do in the genre moving around and be active will do good and give better effect together with your changes. Have the same problem myself. It´s just not comfortable to look at a growing belly fat. 

4 hours ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Booze is a absolute source of fat after 55 years. Same for food that ends up in a greasy belly. Just look at most of the elderly foreigners and how overweight they are.

Drink a few glasses of wine only once or twice a month. Stop all the daily beers, soft drinks, ice creams etc..

Avoid the Sunday Roasts, fries and meat. Meat is same, only once or twice a month.

Ban fast food and anything that is packed like instant noodles etc.

Restaurant eating is ok provided you avoid daily consumption of meat, fries. In fact stay away from western food.

Do regular exercise. Even a brisk 30min walk will do the trick.

We all want to feel and look good but it has a price with age...

Your advice sound as one has to voluntarily go to a Thai prison and asked to be locked up

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

The equation is simple. "C' calories in and "C+" calories out will reduce weight and fat. For example, 3000 calories intake and 4000 calories used by exercise, walking etc will make you healthier. All the so called plans to lose weight very really do what they say. If you want to lose weight eat better and less and exercise. Not a difficult combination but hard for some to try and stick with it.

4000 calories=approx 64 km of running

19 hours ago, bob smith said:

I've started putting a bit too much weight on, mostly from the mrs cooking and my drinking habits but I think I have come up with a good plan to get rid of the extra baggage.

Going forward I will be doing intermittent fasting (16/8), eating plenty proteins and less carbs, also limiting my alcohol intake to 1 day on followed by 1 day off. and when I do drink it will be low calorie booze (light beer, vodka etc).

This way I hope to shed quite a bit of weight and get that beach body back in the run up to christmas.

how about you lot? any advice from your own weight loss regimes?

bob.

I would suggest you double your whoring...

2x 1 min instead of 1

how old are you that you cannot cook ? mama's boy?

• Confused 1

Hi Bob , enjoy your posts by the way. 

I have read over the years that to shed weight you need to raise your heart rate 20 to 40 minutes per day to burn fat.

Of course that becomes more difficult the older you are . 

19 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Booze removal and no food after 7pm...lose weight while you sleep.

Worked for me - minus 25k.

Did some one steal your money while you slept ? .............................................................:whistling:

Please use Kilos or were you so fat you lost 25 thousand K

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I refuse to post my weight loss program here. It gets disputed and nit-picked by posters who have too much fat in their heads.

Very funny - you post that you refuse to post 

• Haha 1

Eating in a 3-4  hour window. Fats, less carbs and proteins. Lots of proteins can cause insulin resistance like carbs do. The bad carbs.

Coffee, then a brisk walk in the morning, dinner at 6. Tea during the day.

3 hours ago, Celsius said:

Don't forget to incorporate daily masturbation with your diet. 4-5 times a day is my recommended dosage.

No need. He hires LB for that. 

• Haha 1

When i arrived to live here i was 94 Kilo's but soon dropped down to 85 eating only Thai food.  However; Wife is such a good cook it's been difficult to keep getting it down to the 80 i would like it to be.

My daily routine is up at 7, one mug of Black Tea, watch the news and at 8 off out on my Bike for two hours.   Up to the Park for 30 minutes on the Fitness Machines, then ride around for another 90 minutes, back home to do any Yard Sweeping/Maintenance around the place, indoors, shower, weight check, Blood Pressure Test and then Lunch at 11.    Dinner at 5, normally Cheese on Toast or a Wrap etc, some Fruit at 7 and no more food until Lunch next day, meaning 15-16 hours of Fasting.   However; still difficult to keep it at 80 Kilo's and hover between 80 and 84.  During the Hot Season it's easier to keep it down with all the sweating etc.    I'm 6ft tall and never drink Alcohol exept on my Birthday or Xmas Day when i will have a Brandy.

Everyones Matabilism is different and what works for one may well not work for another.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 1:20 PM, bob smith said:

I've started putting a bit too much weight on, mostly from the mrs cooking and my drinking habits but I think I have come up with a good plan to get rid of the extra baggage.

Going forward I will be doing intermittent fasting (16/8), eating plenty proteins and less carbs, also limiting my alcohol intake to 1 day on followed by 1 day off. and when I do drink it will be low calorie booze (light beer, vodka etc).

This way I hope to shed quite a bit of weight and get that beach body back in the run up to christmas.

bob.

Great off to a good start

I.F. 16/8   plenty of protein   make sure it's quality ANIMAL High Fat..   this is key, and the less carbs the better  "0" carbs is optimun, your body needs zero.   and that includes no veggies and no alcohol ..   You can do this ...  start with 10 short days

if you are serious and want real forever results , do your own research... and give carnivore a serious look 

PHD ..  Proper Human Diet

and if you need a reference point..  Look up  Dr. Anthony Chaffee ..

Best of Luck and Good Health to you   

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/23/2024 at 1:20 PM, bob smith said:

bob.

watch this and get a good head start 

On 8/23/2024 at 2:47 PM, jayboy said:

It seems like good advice and I used to think like this but it's wrong.

The secret is to eat much less. That's it.Fasting,cutting down carbs, eradicating booze and other methods are ways to achieve the objective.

Burning calories through exercise is good and will make you fitter, but it doesn't really make you thinner (often just hungrier)

As I said eat right not a lot of fast food

On 8/23/2024 at 3:12 PM, simon43 said:

If you check how many calories you burn from exercise, the numbers are miserably small for the effort! Exercise certainly helps, but eat one cheeseburger and you need about 45 minutes of brisk walking to burn off those calories...

I would exercise to keep your heart healthy, and eat less calories to reduce your weight.

Keep off the fast food. Occasionally is ok but not as your daily intake.

On 8/23/2024 at 4:41 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Walking won't change much as not cardio but ok if elderly 

Every day I spend time in the gym going from strengthening to cardio exercises plus I walk on average 3 to 4 miles a day so I get a mix of everything. The big thing is don't live on fast food and lots of alcoholic lubrication. May make you feel good but does nothing for you of any benefit in the long term. I have over the last 2 years lost 15kg just for the record.

On 8/24/2024 at 12:30 PM, brianthainess said:

Did some one steal your money while you slept ? .............................................................:whistling:

Please use Kilos or were you so fat you lost 25 thousand 

Oh what a intelligent reply Brian.

You Brian are a academic 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Eating 5 small meals instead of three large ones, doesn't have you storing too much/ Cutting down on the rice, which is the mainstay here especially if you have a Thai wife, works because too many carbs, in the form of complex, has to burn before you burn stored fat. No need to stop eating carbs, especially if you're not too heavy. Stick with the salad greens, green and wax beans, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and a lot of the Thai greens you can buy here at market. Lean meat, eggs, fish, beef, pork. No fried foods. Grilled, broil or bake meat. Rice cereal, oatmeal, but small portions. Light soy or skim milk. Stay away from table sugar as much as possible. Use Stevia, Equal or Splenda, Stevia being the best choice. Of course exercising more helps. The best way is to completely stop drinking calories. Milk (besides in cereal), beer, wine, any alcohol ( I know bob,but if you're trying to do this as fast as possible), juices, sweetened tea or coffee. Don't eat less than 3 hours before you go to bed. This is worked for thousands of people during my training days, and will always work if you stick with it. Plus it's safe to do as long as you like. The Keto works, but cutting out all carbs is not a good idea.