A new scam?

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

On a similar vein. I saw a guy on Youtube use a site called pentester.com

https://pentester.com

Basically, you enter an email address and it shows if it has been exposed through any of these database hacks, and what info is out there.

I tried it, and it showed mine had been exposed through three hacked sites. Had all my Thai info.: name, address, phone no. It also had my UK address and phone number, and showed which sites it had been hacked from and passwords from those sites..

Luckily I had changed all info. when I first read, or was warned about the hacks.

Scary stuff.

Lol. I just tested that website using a fake email address. It gave me this. What date of birth? Of some imaginary person? And the IP address shown below is a VPN server. Great way to sell online services though.

You are Compromised

• DOBs: The date of birth associated with your account has been determined to be exposed.
  • IPs: An IP address (45.80.184.94) linked to your account has been compromised.
  • No Further Information: No usernames, passwords, companies, breaches, locations, names, or phone numbers have been located.
  • Potential Risks: With known date of birth and IP address, malicious actors could attempt targeted attacks like identity theft or phishing. It's crucial to remain vigilant and consider enhancing your overall cybersecurity posture.
Edited by RSD1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, RSD1 said:

Presumably that resulted in more attempts where the guy persisted that you still take the money and give it to charity or to build an orphanage if you like?

No it didn´t. Think he was smarter than that, as people who assume might not be. 😉 

17 hours ago, FriscoKid said:

What foolish distant planet are you on? This is about email scams. 

The title is "Is This A New Scam". The airport scam may be new to some posters, so stop complaining about nothing.

Edited by NoshowJones

On 8/24/2024 at 8:15 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

I receive dozens of similar emails each week, they go straight into my junk folder. 

Surely this can't be your first experience receiving these type of scam emails. 

Never click on a link from a sender you don't know. 

Of course you should have clicked on the email and accepted  the prize in the raffle...after all you  DIDNT buy  a ticket so you deserve to win. !!!  I would have.

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2024 at 2:14 AM, Lacessit said:

I received an email " Confirmation needed"

According to the email, I had won a cordless power tool kit from the Milwaukee Power Tool Company. In a raffle I had never entered.

No doubt, if I had clicked on the confirmation link, all kinds of nasty things would have happened to my laptop, and /or personal data.

Has anyone else seen this email?

Ive been getting these for a long time just delete them.

• Love It 1

According to the email, I had won a cordless power tool kit from the Milwaukee Power Tool Company. In a raffle I had never entered.

No doubt, if I had clicked on the confirmation link, all kinds of nasty things would have happened to my laptop, and /or personal data.

Everyday , first clue is your a Winner I delete all of them would never open one 

why do old threads keep getting posted on the email newsletter?  wouldnt it be better to post them when they are recent, and only once

oi know this one is only a few days old, but there was one the other day that was 10 years old!

is the number of new threads being started in decline?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, UKJASE said:

why do old threads keep getting posted on the email newsletter?  wouldnt it be better to post them when they are recent, and only once

oi know this one is only a few days old, but there was one the other day that was 10 years old!

is the number of new threads being started in decline?

It seems to me when I try to start a thread on anything I have experienced or observed, it gets buried under a barrage of nay-sayers and trolls. Perhaps posters are no longer bothering, and ASEAN staff have to resurrect old threads as space fillers.

I received an email from the King of Nigeria, which said something about a long-lost relative dying and leaving me 34 million USD. I told my Thai wife she married into royalty, and now we are returning to the homeland.

The missus said;  ลาก่อนโชคดีจูบะ 🤑

Yesterday on tv.

Booking.com it is for booking hotels and so on, just a platform for sellers.

There are scam sellers in it. You book for something which you dont get !

Even is not there! They use pics of house's interior from internet and put it up as vacation house to rent. Nice surprise when you get there and it is not. 

They also use your info on getting to you, email, and have contact with you outside booking.com.

THey could bring up, your booking cant be done, but they have "something else".

And booking.com isnt there for you, when it goes wrong.  

Of course, no one of booking.com, wanted to be present in consumer program.

8 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Yesterday on tv.

Booking.com it is for booking hotels and so on, just a platform for sellers.

There are scam sellers in it. You book for something which you dont get !

Even is not there! They use pics of house's interior from internet and put it up as vacation house to rent. Nice surprise when you get there and it is not. 

They also use your info on getting to you, email, and have contact with you outside booking.com.

THey could bring up, your booking cant be done, but they have "something else".

And booking.com isnt there for you, when it goes wrong.  

Of course, no one of booking.com, wanted to be present in consumer program.

I have used Agoda for many years without any problems, although some say Agoda and booking.com are one and the same.

I have learned to check the country code of phone messages. I had two from India and Peru recently. One was designed to get me to click on a tax office link.

I just wish I had a means of telling them to go <deleted> themselves.

I get between 10 and 20 similar ones every day. I never click on them but they come.

On 8/23/2024 at 9:14 PM, Lacessit said:

You really need to ask about that in here???? it's so clear this is a scam!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Foexie said:

You really need to ask about that in here???? it's so clear this is a scam!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted the scam so others could see the origin, i.e. the Milwaukee Tool Company.

I am used to people who post without thinking.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1