Lao borders (some at least) now requiring overnight stay?

8 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

So then people who've never been in Thailand before can't enter as they don't have a TM30?  Makes no sense as TM30 is expired anyway as soon as you leave Thailand when only on a visa exempt

I'm talking about to making a border run from thailand to laos, to get a new exempt stamp, that means that people have already been in thailand. What it doesn't make sense? Thai immigration ask to see tm30 or proof of accommodation when you return to the country. A friend of mine was asked to show a tm30 and onward flight out of thailand within 60 days

Edited by Jack1988
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

So then people who've never been to Thailand before can't enter as they can't possibly have a TM30? 

Makes no sense as TM30 is expired anyway as soon as you leave Thailand when only on a visa exempt (TM30 only remains valid when you have multi entry visa or re-entry permit)

I'm pretty sure they'd accept a hotel booking from someone who isn't there for a border run / has never been to Thailand before.

The TM30 just gives them the complete address in a clean and uniform way. Of course a new TM30 notification will need to be submitted upon re-entry.