Aircon for small home office W 2.2m x L 2.7m

Millian

I have a small open room at the top of my landing which I've converted into a home office by adding a glass partition to the open side.

The room is the following dimensions:

W 2.2m
L 2.7m
H 2.6m

According to a BTU calculator I used, I'd need around 6800 BTU, however the smallest units I see start at 9000 BTU.

Is there wall mounted inverters that are suitable for this size, or would a portable be better?

Just have got a 9000 BTU Unit installed for my Carport Solar Room 2m x 4m, a Mobile Unit was not really an option. The Unit is cooling down the Room within some minutes.

Edited by UWEB
  • Like 2

Several brands sell 9,000 BTU with inverter; I used a 9,000 Japanese brand in a small room and it was not cold enough; same brand 24,000 BTU with inverter in a large room --> too many leaks and evaporator changed two times. I won't buy Japanese anymore.

Search Air Conditioner Recommendations ... Check my pics / comments and other members' posts.

• Like 1

So you went with the Haier ultimately? 

When we bought our house they included aircons in 3 of the rooms and we had to purchase units for 2 other rooms. The Samsung units they included are pretty poor. We brought Haier units for the other 2 rooms and they are much better in functionality and features than the Samsung.

So yeah, I got a 9000btu Haier unit again for this home office and it was also the cheapest unit available. 

On 8/27/2024 at 3:29 PM, UWEB said:

Just have got a 9000 BTU Unit installed for my Carport Solar Room 2m x 4m, a Mobile Unit was not really an option. The Unit is cooling down the Room within some minutes.

What is a solar room?

44 minutes ago, Millian said:

What is a solar room?

Presumably a room containing the parts (excluding panels) of a solar electric generating/storage set up.  Inverter, controller, batteries and anything else required.

3 minutes ago, treetops said:

Presumably a room containing the parts (excluding panels) of a solar electric generating/storage set up.  Inverter, controller, batteries and anything else required.

Yep, correct. Better to keep the Batteries cool.

3 hours ago, Millian said:

So you went with the Haier ultimately? 

When we bought our house they included aircons in 3 of the rooms and we had to purchase units for 2 other rooms. The Samsung units they included are pretty poor. We brought Haier units for the other 2 rooms and they are much better in functionality and features than the Samsung.

So yeah, I got a 9000btu Haier unit again for this home office and it was also the cheapest unit available. 

Haier 18,000 BTU inverter installed in May. Perfect! I do a self-clean once a month ("self-clean function on Haier reduces mold growth and eliminates odors") and I clean the filters 3 times a month. I'll call the guy to clean everything twice a year.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, frequentatore said:

Haier 18,000 BTU inverter installed in May. Perfect! I do a self-clean once a month ("self-clean function on Haier reduces mold growth and eliminates odors") and I clean the filters 3 times a month. I'll call the guy to clean everything twice a year.

Yeah pretty simialr, although I clean the filters once per month and run the self clean after.

Full service twice a year also.

On 8/27/2024 at 2:59 PM, Millian said:

I have a small open room at the top of my landing which I've converted into a home office by adding a glass partition to the open side.

The room is the following dimensions:

W 2.2m
L 2.7m
H 2.6m

According to a BTU calculator I used, I'd need around 6800 BTU, however the smallest units I see start at 9000 BTU.

Is there wall mounted inverters that are suitable for this size, or would a portable be better?

Get the 9000 BTU is will cool the room down a bit quicker

29 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Are there non Japanese air conditioners?

The repairman recommended Haier. Very good choice; very cheap, quiet, and self-clean function (reduces mold growth and eliminates odors on the evaporator).

Google:

. "Haier is a leading enterprise in the Chinese household appliance industry"

. (in 2016) "General Electric announced that it agreed to sell its appliance division to the Haier Group for $5.4 billion, putting one of America's best-known brands in the hands of one of China's largest companies."

41 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

The repairman recommended Haier. Very good choice; very cheap, quiet, and self-clean function (reduces mold growth and eliminates odors on the evaporator).

Google:

. "Haier is a leading enterprise in the Chinese household appliance industry"

. (in 2016) "General Electric announced that it agreed to sell its appliance division to the Haier Group for $5.4 billion, putting one of America's best-known brands in the hands of one of China's largest companies."

Was only poking, AFAIAC Id, buy only Mitsubishi or Daikin. I have 9 Mitsubishi unit running here for nearly ten years, and they do just great, with a few repairs and regular maintenance.

2 hours ago, Millian said:

Do you have to run aircon 24/7 I'm that room then?

No need for at the moment, start the Aircon around 9.00 am and stop at 6.00 pm. But that may change in hot season.

Edited by UWEB
  • Thanks 1