Ant problem inside the home

Kenny202

For the last 3 weeks or so we have had these tiny little red ants in our home. Seem to be on the sofa, chairs...everywhere. They are super small, never come across them here anywhere in Thailand. Maybe came with the rain? I have seen the bigger red ants outside (3/8" / 5mm) which bite and hurt like hell but these are different. Very mild, itchy bite, not painful and goes away quickly....just enough to be uncomfortable. We have looked everywhere, normally you would see a trail of them where they come in and out but nothing. Only thing I can think of is get some spray and go around the floor edges where the walls meet the floor in the hope of interrupting there passage. Anyone had a similar problem or know how to deal with it?

I had an serious ant problem for several months, they were even in my bed. After trying several things I bought RS from Lazada. In the space of one hour the ants were gone and they haven't been since, going on 9 months ago.

15 minutes ago, Mason45 said:

I had an serious ant problem for several months, they were even in my bed. After trying several things I bought RS from Lazada. In the space of one hour the ants were gone and they haven't been since, going on 9 months ago.

Nothing coming up on lazada for RS, have you got a better name or link?

5 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Bayer Quantum. Find a few of the ants paths and place a few small drops of this gel nearby. The ants will soon gather around to collect the gel and take it back to the nest, where it kills the colony.

Its quite expensive, at about 300THB for a small tube, but you only need a few drops to do the business.

IME - it eradicates them for a couple of months or more until you need to repeat the dose.

Sold in Tops, Big C, Lotuss etc.

image.jpeg.a07c01b0a80af6303f0862616c6e3655.jpeg

Thanks for this useful info.

2 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Problem is there seems to be no visible trail and we have looked several times. If I put drops of the gel nead effected areas will it attract them? 

Ants usually are searching everywhere, once one finds the gel the others will, so put it in their path somewhere

25 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Going to get some Bayer today. When you say small drops you mean like a droplet or 5mm, 10mm droplet?

Tiny droplets or what i do is a continuous thin drip of a few centimetres, it's trial and error

12 hours ago, Cameroni said:

The only way to deal with an ant infestation is to locate the nest and put poison that is then fed to the queen. Spraying the passage does nothing, they will just reappear once the effect of the spray wears off. 

Or buy an Ant Eater

7 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Don't eat in your bed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

For the last 3 weeks or so we have had these tiny little red ants in our home. Seem to be on the sofa, chairs...everywhere. They are super small, never come across them here anywhere in Thailand. Maybe came with the rain? I have seen the bigger red ants outside (3/8" / 5mm) which bite and hurt like hell but these are different. Very mild, itchy bite, not painful and goes away quickly....just enough to be uncomfortable. We have looked everywhere, normally you would see a trail of them where they come in and out but nothing. Only thing I can think of is get some spray and go around the floor edges where the walls meet the floor in the hope of interrupting there passage. Anyone had a similar problem or know how to deal with it?

Phone chiang mai pest control they in phuket, they spray our home every 3 months

12 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Bayer Quantum

+1 for this stuff, it's a tiny tube but you only need to put a couple of drops (2mm) down. After 2 or 3 applications and they're gone. Far better than spraying.

13 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Bayer Quantum. Find a few of the ants paths and place a few small drops of this gel nearby. The ants will soon gather around to collect the gel and take it back to the nest, where it kills the colony.

Its quite expensive, at about 300THB for a small tube, but you only need a few drops to do the business.

IME - it eradicates them for a couple of months or more until you need to repeat the dose.

Sold in Tops, Big C, Lotuss etc.

image.jpeg.a07c01b0a80af6303f0862616c6e3655.jpeg

This is the stuff I used. Works great.

15 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Dilute some bleach in a spray bottle, and probably not a bite they give but an acid they emit, biters normally don't let go.

We used to have a huge problem with ants, if I would leave something on the counter for 5 minutes it would be invaded by thousands of ants crawling all over the floor, all over the walls, it was horrible. We also had a problem with flying insects and other creepy crawlers. I am not a fan of insects at all, I detest most of them.

My woman suggested we hire a exterminator, though I was against the idea, I finally gave in. It was one of the smartest things we've ever done here. They come every 3 months, they spray the entire outside of the house, and they do a minimal amount of spraying indoors, and I have not seen a crawling insect in the house for a few years now!

It's such a pleasure, and was so worth it. 

• Thanks 2

I kept having the same ant problem. I solved it with my ozone generator. I actually bought it to get rid of the smell in my car. I let the device run for 4 hours in my living room and kitchen, then aired it out well and the ant problem went away.

th-11134103-7r992-lpy2bti8rxneca.jpg

How about Mothballs and diluted vinegar in a trigger spray?

First, find out their Way-In. 

Then baste mothball to that point of entry and the area around it.

When you sight mass of them already in their living space, give them a blow with the vinegar spray.

It kills them instantly.

I have tried them before and they always work.

16 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The was an Ant problem on my teek door , but I called Mods and they removed the problem 

Ha ha Ant who made 46k posts on there then complained on site jabber.com it was a nasty forum and a waste of time.