UK Authorities Seize £5m Worth of Cannabis At Birmingham Airport, Affecting Thai Tourists

Be like sending som tam to Thailand from UK. Utterly pointless !

Question would be how did all these suitcases get on all these planes from around the world undetected ? 

Pretty sure anything over a kg would be absolutely stinking and wouldn't need a dog to sniff it out.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

According to Mr Google the average street value of cannabis in the UK is approximately 10 GBP per gram. In Thailand it's about the same.

Mr Google is wrong. 10GBP would get you say 20 grams with the oversupply happening now in Thailand. Still stupid. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, marin said:

Mr Google is wrong. 10GBP would get you say 20 grams with the oversupply happening now in Thailand. Still stupid. 

Definitely not 25bt a gram for hydro, and i doubt they were smuggling back Thai stick

8 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

Definitely not 25bt a gram for hydro, and i doubt they were smuggling back Thai stick

This is what myself and many friends are seeing now.  Many things you could keep a more open mind about. Its all in who you know now. 

Screenshot 2024-08-29 085045.png

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Dude I just tell you what your lot tells me, Im a Yank and my buds all tell me that Scousers, like Scotsmen, are barely human, no idea, Ive only been to London

There is truth in that. 

Similar to your trailer trash.

But with less teeth.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Not in business class, these guys can afford it.

32 kg per bag for 2 bags in business class.  Not counting the 2 carryon bags that could be as much as another 32 kilos!

18 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Why would anybody bother ?  The Uk is awash with weed, the majority of which is grown there.  Anybody bringing in 8 suitcases filled with  150 kg  of weed through an airport must be an idiot. 

Or a in the last state of cancer?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Why would anybody bother ?  The Uk is awash with weed, the majority of which is grown there.  Anybody bringing in 8 suitcases filled with  150 kg  of weed through an airport must be an idiot.  There would be no need for sniffer dogs, the smell must have been overpowering.

Simply legalising it in the UK would end this "problem" immediately , saving a fortune, and freeing up customs & police who would then be able to concentrate their attentions on real issues,

Like finding illegal Cannabis/Marijuana being smuggled into the UK in suitcases of tourists from  Thailand!!

Remember, cannabis is officially a banned substance in the UK whatever you potheads may think!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Upnotover said:

A "Thai Tourist" in my book would be a Thai national visiting Birmingham on holiday (though lord knows why).  These people were British tourists returning from holidays in Thailand.

"...as tourists from Thailand crowded the terminal".

17 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:
20 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Why would anybody bother ?  The Uk is awash with weed, the majority of which is grown there.  Anybody bringing in 8 suitcases filled with  150 kg  of weed through an airport must be an idiot.  There would be no need for sniffer dogs, the smell must have been overpowering.

Simply legalising it in the UK would end this "problem" immediately , saving a fortune, and freeing up customs & police who would then be able to concentrate their attentions on real issues,

Expand  

Says 28 suitcases, you need to go Spec savers?

Says 8 suitcases, you need to go to Spec Savers?...

"He had 158 kilogrammes of cannabis in eight suitcases, coming from Los Angeles".

a there are no direct flights from Thailand to Birmingham, why wasn't it caught sooner? or would the connecting airport be it Frankfurt or Dubai gave early warning through to UK customs

9 minutes ago, digbeth said:

a there are no direct flights from Thailand to Birmingham, why wasn't it caught sooner? or would the connecting airport be it Frankfurt or Dubai gave early warning through to UK customs

I'm guessing they would only make the arrest at the final destination, when the bags are claimed and taken through customs, one would hope that if authorities at point of departure, or transit, have any suspicions they would pass them on. These tourists transited Paris CDG, so on the KLM/Air France flight to Birmingham.

6 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Like finding illegal Cannabis/Marijuana being smuggled into the UK in suitcases of tourists from  Thailand!!

Remember, cannabis is officially a banned substance in the UK whatever you potheads may think!

I'm sure all the uk "potheads" will be eternally grateful for your  reminder.  What would they do with out you

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Why?

why not , they are hardly a danger to the rest of society if out on bail, and they are unlikely to be a flight risk as they probably have no money left

11 hours ago, watchcat said:

Or a in the last state of cancer?

Why would somebody in the final stage of cancer consider smuggling 150 kilos of cannabis into the UK?

4 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Why would somebody in the final stage of cancer consider smuggling 150 kilos of cannabis into the UK?

Last hurrah in Thailand and pay for the funeral?