Teeth Whitening Bangkok, recent info

Using the search function here and google with Aseanow only brings up old threads over 5 years.  Im surprised if thats legit and people havent talked about this in the past 5 years so asking here now.

Does anyone have any advice or experience with tooth whitening in Bangkok?  Price is less of a concern, the priority is safety and then results.  I know if done badly you can hurt your teeth and I absolutely wouldnt want to risk that.  Dont mind paying more for a legit safe procedure.  Or paying less for a simple yet safe and effective home treatment.  Whats peoples advice and experience?  Thanks

I think this process is extremely common now and pretty much any 'decent' dentist can carry out this simple procedure as a simple 'walk-in'... 

So I guess you are looking for recommendations of 'decent dentist' in Bangkok - there will be plenty of experience as dentistry in Thailand is generally of a high standard. 

Thantakit Dentist at All Seasons Place: priced at 10,000 baht for whitening.

https://www.thantakit.com/our-services/zoom2-tooth-whitening/

Quite likely at the higher end of the price range for whitening - nevertheless, this place comes well recommended. 

There is also 'The Smile Bar': priced at 2400-5800 baht.

https://www.the-smile-bar.com/?gad_source=1

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

Or paying less for a simple yet safe and effective home treatment. 

If going for home treatment - its quite 'time consuming'  - i.e. twice a day for two weeks then weekly 'top up'... 

This Colgate LED Teeth Whitening Kit is an example and used in the UK..... But I'm not sure of availability here... Given the prices of teeth whitening at a more 'normal dentist' in Bangkok, then I can see why 'home treatment' my not be considered worth while.

https://shop.colgate.com/products/optic-white-comfort-fit-teeth-whitening-device-and-kit

image.thumb.png.71c24e85646d059d3760d51548575441.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

If you have any crowns, be aware that they will not whiten in line with your real teeth. If you do have crowns in your front teeth you will most likely need new ones to fit the new colour.

If you have no crowns obviously you're good.

This has prevented me from getting further teeth whitening...  

I have veneers...  which of course will not whiten, and surrounding teeth would be whiter. 

That said: the veneers are now about 15 years old and online info suggests they will need replacing soon anyway.

DentSociety at Marche Thonglor has this Philips Zoom machine that has quite good results, but I didn't try it myself. It's a very new clinic so everything is new and clean, and it's a bit cheaper than some other larger clinics around it. Dentist is nice, very detailed, but as said, I didn't do whitening there.

You can add them by Line and talk to their admin. That's how I scheduled all appointments (and told them I'll be late as I was stuck in traffic):

image.png.81249ee6f1aadc6b2b93172ee305d64b.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Get plaque removed and have a deep clean, then after brushing get some activated charcoal on there (couple minutes at a time). It'll take a few weeks but works by pulling out the tannins. Likely what is in tooth whitening products. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

laser whitening is done once and thats it, you could end up looking like a bee-gee and look ridiculous depending how dark your tan is, if you drink coffee, red wine or smoke, they will start to stain unless you use a decent toothpaste, but its not a permanent thing.

there is also the home bleaching kit, the dentist will make a set of silicone gum shields for you, you are given 4 tubes of bleach gel,  place a drop in the shield on which teeth you are doing, leave in over night and brush in the morning. this also softens plaque.

the home kite you can basically do as and when you want, and just rebuy the gels.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have veneers...  which of course will not whiten, and surrounding teeth would be whiter. 

That said: the veneers are now about 15 years old and online info suggests they will need replacing soon anyway.

I hear you, it significantly adds to the cost if you need to replace veneers or crowns. But if you have to change them anyway it's a perfect time.

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have them on top jaw in 2013

Still as good as the day they were fitted....

They are shade 3/20 so as not to appear outright turkey teeth lol

I have been whitening bottom jaw every since in fact only recently was asking about doing the whitening professionally again on bottom jaw

Currently trying this stuff off Ebay but will almost certainly do it in Pattaya this Autumn

teeth.jpg