Does anyone have contact information for a good granite installer in Pattaya

Longwood50

2 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Now which part of I asked if anyone knew of a granite installer here in Pattaya did you find confusing. 

The part where you did not ask the supplier.

There are a few Granite suppliers along the Sukhumvit road

heading south starting from the " Pattaya floating market"  till  "Nong Nuch gardens"  maybe a few more if you carry on along the road but I have not noticed them.

11 hours ago, johng said:

how's the mobile phone update going ?

Well not great.  I will commend Oneplus.  They called Thailand and had the Oppo service center unlock the phone by changing the operating system.  However a good deal of the interfaces are in Chinese.  The phone was a Chinese Model.  So they would only flash to the original operating system. The Global system is closer to standard Android and mostly English.  But they would not flash it to that because it was not the original OS. 

10 hours ago, johng said:

There are a few Granite suppliers along the Sukhumvit road

heading south starting from the " Pattaya floating market"  till  "Nong Nuch gardens"  maybe a few more if you carry on along the road but I have not noticed them.

Yes, I have been to those granite suppliers.  A granite that cost about 1,400 baht per square meter in Bangkok costs about 4,200 from a granite store in Pattaya also the stores here have a very limited selection.  More marble than granite.  They of course don't want to share their installer if you don't buy the granite from them. 

I will require about 50 to 60 square meters so a big difference in price.  The difficulty comes with installation.  Their installers are for the most part tied to Bangkok.  Its understandable because if they are going to install in Pattaya they have the travel and lodging expenses. 

That is why I am hoping to find a local installer. There has to be some here since there is plenty of residential construction but finding one is a challenge.  Unlike the USA tradespeople like plumbers, electricians, roofers etc don't advertise.  They rely strictly on word of mouth. 

12 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes, I have been to those granite suppliers.  A granite that cost about 1,400 baht per square meter in Bangkok costs about 4,200 from a granite store in Pattaya also the stores here have a very limited selection.  More marble than granite.  They of course don't want to share their installer if you don't buy the granite from them. 

I will require about 50 to 60 square meters so a big difference in price.  The difficulty comes with installation.  Their installers are for the most part tied to Bangkok.  Its understandable because if they are going to install in Pattaya they have the travel and lodging expenses. 

That is why I am hoping to find a local installer. There has to be some here since there is plenty of residential construction but finding one is a challenge.  Unlike the USA tradespeople like plumbers, electricians, roofers etc don't advertise.  They rely strictly on word of mouth. 

From my experience Thai companies, contractors will travel, BKK to Pattaya is no big deal, have never been charged extra either.

12 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Well not great.  I will commend Oneplus.  They called Thailand and had the Oppo service center unlock the phone by changing the operating system.  However a good deal of the interfaces are in Chinese.  The phone was a Chinese Model.  So they would only flash to the original operating system. The Global system is closer to standard Android and mostly English.  But they would not flash it to that because it was not the original OS. 

May I suggest you try the REDDIT "Oneplus" forum.  It has 250,000 members so answers to your issues should be available. https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/

On 9/1/2024 at 7:15 PM, Njoku said:

From my experience Thai companies, contractors will travel, BKK to Pattaya is no big deal, have never been charged extra either.

I will never understand how people in public posts feel inclined to give an answer that does not address the request by the original post. 

This one is quite simple.  You either know of someone or you don't.  Replying that in your experience many will travel to Pattaya provides no useful inforamtion that can be used to find an installer.  

• Sad 1