Police Raid Four Locations, Seize Over 3,000 Counterfeit Auto Parts Worth 5 Million Baht

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

Unfortunately it is very difficult to tell the difference between the fake and the real item  

That is one of the reasons to buy parts from authorized dealers.

Obviously, it is impossible to guarantee that those authorized dealers sell fake things, but the chance that they do it is not very high. 

And obviously, if it is too cheap to be real, then probably it isn't real. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JoePai said:

Unfortunately it is very difficult to tell the difference between the fake and the real item  

+ there are 'named' fake boxes + fake 'named' parts details stickers  + Companies that sell to Main Dealers

So yes is very difficult to tell the difference between the fake and the real item  

Anyone ever watch 'Air Crash Inventions;   good few air crashes were results of fake parts used..  The even found fake parts on Air Force One and no one had any idea they were no genuine . so as in most things you can buy it is very difficult to tell the difference between the fake and the real item  

Yesterday bought new Drum + Toner for my printer, always use the same one for the 2 items  cost 305 baht, for the genuine 2 items cost 1,320 baht..

for me changing the item every 18 months is no problem, the genuine one last 3+ years so in the same time period the genuine one would still cost double the price !!

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I have posted this before, because I got the T-shirt.

Shopee and Lazada are rife with counterfeit car parts, and other goods. If you see a brandname car part listed, and the seller is not an official dealer, or the part is more than 10% cheaper than at your local dealer, you can be 100% guaranteed that it is a fake part.

The same goes for electric appliances and everything else listed on those platforms.

and how do you know the official dealer has [knowingly or unknowing] got fake parts ?

1 minute ago, CallumWK said:

You have reading issues?

Where did i say the official dealer has fake parts?

I Did not say

Just pointing out you can not be 100% sure..

2 minutes ago, ignis said:
4 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

You have reading issues?

Where did i say the official dealer has fake parts?

I Did not say

Yes you did.

6 minutes ago, ignis said:

and how do you know the official dealer has [knowingly or unknowing] got fake parts ?

3 minutes ago, ignis said:

Just pointing out you can not be 100% sure..

Official dealer obviously get their parts from the head office. You now want to claim that Nissan or Toyota Thailand distribute fake parts to their dealers?

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Hard to imagine the bulk, if not all of this kit, didn't came from China.......I wonder if they also do aircraft parts?

in EU most counterfeit shipments seized globally originate from Türkiye [Turkey]

5 minutes ago, ignis said:

in EU most counterfeit shipments seized globally originate from Türkiye [Turkey]

In the UK, most counterfeit auto parts that are seized originate from **China**. China is the largest source of counterfeit goods globally, and this includes automotive parts. The counterfeit parts from China are often manufactured in unregulated factories and then distributed worldwide, including to the UK.

### **Key Points:**
- **China as a Source:** China has been identified by multiple reports, including those from the UK Intellectual Property Office (IPO) and European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), as the primary source of counterfeit automotive parts seized in the UK.
- **Types of Counterfeit Parts:** The counterfeit auto parts often include items like brake pads, airbags, oil filters, and spark plugs. These fake parts can pose significant safety risks to consumers.
- **Efforts to Combat Counterfeiting:** UK authorities, along with international organizations, have been working to combat the influx of counterfeit parts through stricter enforcement, public awareness campaigns, and cooperation with manufacturers.

This situation highlights the ongoing challenges in protecting consumers and maintaining safety standards in the automotive industry.

Fake or substandard auto parts could lead to death, anyone caught purposely making or selling them should be jailed accordingly (10yrs or more). Make the penalty high enough, and they may think twice about doing it.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is one of the reasons to buy parts from authorized dealers.

Obviously, it is impossible to guarantee that those authorized dealers sell fake things, but the chance that they do it is not very high. 

And obviously, if it is too cheap to be real, then probably it isn't real. 

I was quoted Baht 1400 for one spark plug for my Ford Focus by the local main Ford Dealer, luckily they didn't have any in stock. Lazada had motocraft plugs, exact specification, for Baht 360 for four and my local parts store was 380 , obviously both Lazada and my well regarded store were selling fakes....or were they ?. Dealer profits on parts are extortion, Honda specifies only Honda parts and oils for their vehicles otherwise warranty claims may be voided.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, phetphet said:

If the well known brand's original product is made in China, what is to stop the Chinese manufacturer selling the same product out the back door on Lazada, Shopee, MBK or such?

I have just bought a pair of wireless headphones from Lazada, Sony branded box , Sony store and with a warranty for 450 Baht. They perform well and are comfortable, only problem is battery life not as claimed but is acceptable.  I looked up the specifications on the Sony official site and noticed the price was 12,000 Baht....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

I was quoted Baht 1400 for one spark plug for my Ford Focus by the local main Ford Dealer, luckily they didn't have any in stock. Lazada had motocraft plugs, exact specification, for Baht 360 for four and my local parts store was 380 , obviously both Lazada and my well regarded store were selling fakes....or were they ?. Dealer profits on parts are extortion, Honda specifies only Honda parts and oils for their vehicles otherwise warranty claims may be voided.

You could buy i.e. NGK or another well-known brand from an authorized dealer for those parts.

• Confused 1

Some of the so called fake' items are made on the same machines in the factory as the genuine

This has been going on for many years I know 1st hand.

Other items one has no real idea where they are made..... like 50 years ago in UK would buy my shoes well know name so say made in Italy > made many trips to Italy, one trip did a tour of said factory, as they did not have my size asked  They never made my size even for Export.. often wondered where my 3 pairs over the years were really made ?

Here you can easy buy clothes brand new says made in USA [many places].. look at said items on there US website there 70%+  more expensive

so it goes on with just about every item

On 9/1/2024 at 4:13 AM, Georgealbert said:

The suspects were informed of the charges and taken into custody by ECD officers for further legal proceedings. The investigation is ongoing, and authorities plan to expand their probe to identify other individuals or networks involved in this illegal trade.

I wonder where the fake parts come from.... 

Thailand ... the hub of fakes ....  all copy parts, electrical, clothing, anything ....  it's all made in China and they make the exact same item then put a sticker on the front that say's Adidas or Sony or Blueray or Siemens or whatever,    it's all copied and made with cheap parts and inferior soldering inside. 

They only last 6 months ....  then buy again ... 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, watchcat said:

The prise of the items?

NO Sorry that is not correct

Then you get the ' genuine copy parts '

OEM Parts  > OEM parts have the same quality of OE parts but are more affordable as you're not paying for a brand name.

ODM Parts  ODMs manufacture products based on the designs and specifications provided by another company.
Aftermarket Parts > replacement parts that are not made by the original equipment manufacturer

Often all made by the same manufacture or made for them to their specification 

So what are Fake parts ??  as far as I understand is people that are trying to sell so say OE items with brand names at a high price  but are Counterfeit, maybe made at home/lockup or even a factory no quality control

On 9/1/2024 at 9:31 AM, CallumWK said:

I have posted this before, because I got the T-shirt.

Shopee and Lazada are rife with counterfeit car parts, and other goods. If you see a brandname car part listed, and the seller is not an official dealer, or the part is more than 10% cheaper than at your local dealer, you can be 100% guaranteed that it is a fake part.

The same goes for electric appliances and everything else listed on those platforms.

This is why I NEVER purchase anything online - except tickets direct from Air Asia which are not fake!