Russian and Ukrainian Nationals Arrested for Illegal Car Rentals

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Dmytro Piaterikov, an 18-year-old Ukrainian, found with a red Yamaha Xmax motorcycle (license plate 1K 4676 Lopburi). He was also charged with “working in Thailand without a work permit.”

OMG, those bad Russians and Ukrainians once again hitting the news headlines in Thailand?

Stop Visa Free Entry for Citizens of Russia, Kazakhsatan, China, etc.jpg

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

I live in a fairly large condo complex in Pattaya where there are a good number of Russian tenants. It had been obvious for some time that they are operating a number of operations like this. Car rental (usually of vehicles they themselves have rented) Airport Taxi services (with rented vehicles), Maid services. We have even had children offering daily trash removal services. Some are advertised on notice boards and I had assumed that the rest are via Line and WhatsApp groups.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, racket said:

If you want to spot foreigners working illegally, just walk into a gym and check out the personal trainers... You're welcome.

Or ask the DJ at the beach club for their work permit 😄

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, edwardflory said:

I rented a scooter for 2,000bt a month ( gas was all I paid for - maintenance & insurance included ) who would pay 10,000bt a month? Even in tourist areas, renting is not THAT expensive.

They might rent out cars, but high-end scooters like the XMAX are quite expensive in tourist hotspots like Phuket and Samui. During the high season, it’s common to see them rented out for well over 10,000 baht per month; finding one for 10,000 would be considered a lucky deal.

Edited by racket
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

A Russian and a Ukrainian working together, Surely this should be encouraged.

My first thought … international cooperation by individuals from warring nations. Curious if family relationship there somehow.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, edwardflory said:

I rented a scooter for 2,000bt a month ( gas was all I paid for - maintenance & insurance included ) who would pay 10,000bt a month? Even in tourist areas, renting is not THAT expensive.

Mr. Petrov admitted to running a car rental business, advertising through the Telegram app