Swing State Polls Suggest Trump Could Edge Out Harris in Crucial 2024 Battle

Social Media

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, if you're going to judge the results of the debates as a voter popularity contest,  then who got more votes? Trump or Clinton?

That's precisely what I'm not doing, looking at them objectively it seems clear to me that Trump won.

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

That's precisely what I'm not doing, looking at them objectively it seems clear to me that Trump won.

Lets be clear then Your perception was he won

The media said he didn't

The outcome will be the same then?

Both yours and thiers?

Expected, 

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Objectively because Trump won the electoral college vote therefore he won the debate? How does your objective analysis take into account the possibility that he might have won bigger had he not debated?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, riclag said:

Most of these polls are twisted in favor 

of harris.

Its been my experience to watch 

Harvard / Harris Polls, unfortunately they took August off . The September one should be coming out toward the end of the month  with post debate bumps.

imop

deleted

Edited by earlinclaifornia

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Objectively because Trump won the electoral college vote therefore he won the debate? How does your objective analysis take into account the possibility that he might have won bigger had he not debated?

Not because of the electoral college, just looking at the performance. Read the account the BBC gives above in the link.

Clinton had him on a silver plate, his campaign was in disarray. She just had to finish him off. She did not. And Clinton is a far more passionate, intelligent and capable debater than Harris.

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Lets be clear then Your perception was he won

The media said he didn't

The outcome will be the same then?

Both yours and thiers?

Expected, 

I do think the debate with Harris will go in a similar way, Trump will peform somewhat better, but Harris won't make obvious errors, so even if the debate is balanced, CNN, MSNBC et al will be saying Harris won. They'll most likely take a poll of Harris voters and ask them "will you vote for Trump now?". They'll say no and that'll be the "evidence" Trump didn't win. When a careful and objective viewing of the debate will really have you conclude that Trump did win. That's what happened with almost all 3 Clinton debates.

41 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I do think the debate with Harris will go in a similar way, Trump will peform somewhat better, but Harris won't make obvious errors, so even if the debate is balanced, CNN, MSNBC et al will be saying Harris won. They'll most likely take a poll of Harris voters and ask them "will you vote for Trump now?". They'll say no and that'll be the "evidence" Trump didn't win. When a careful and objective viewing of the debate will really have you conclude that Trump did win. That's what happened with almost all 3 Clinton debates.

Why would Trump perform better? What's the basis for your prediction?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Most of these polls are twisted in favor 

of harris.

Its been my experience to watch 

Harvard / Harris Polls, unfortunately they took August off . The September one should be coming out toward the end of the month  with post debate bumps.

imop

Lol! The same polling organizations have been showing a Trump lead against Biden for months. So they were twisted in favor of Trump then? 😃

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why would Trump perform better? What's the basis for your prediction?

Trump is a highly experienced media genius, he had a top rated TV show. He is far more used to be in front of cameras and more comfortable there. We have seen in past debates, for instance when Trump was asked about his comments about women, which were extremely crass and bad, how he turned it around, made everyone laugh at the expense of a woman and got out of a situation which many other candidates have in the past found was a point of no return.

He won the debate against Biden and he is just more passionate , entertainting and comfortable in front of  cameras. 

By contrast Harris, as has been pointed out by her own supporters, takes a long time to gather her thoughts and then comes up with fairly pedestrian sounding replies. Moreover, she has almost a cartoon nasal voice and comes across as quite dislikeable.

I would certainly expect Trump to do well against Harris.

Edited by Cameroni
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

Trump is a highly experienced media genius, he had a top rated TV show. He is far more used to be in front of cameras and more comfortable there. We have seen in past debates, for instance when Trump was asked about his comments about women, which were extremely crass and bad, how he turned it around, made everyone laugh at the expense of a woman and got out of a situation which many other candidates have in the past found was a point of no return.

He won the debate against Biden and he is just more passionate , entertainting and comfortable in front of  cameras. 

By contrast Harris, as has been pointed out by her own supporters, takes a long time to gather her thoughts and then comes up with fairly pedestrian sounding replies. Moreover, she has almost a cartoon nasal voice and comes across as quite dislikeable.

Well, the media genius certainly wasn't impressive in his debate with Biden. And as for Trump turning around the crass comments he made, I imagine most fanboys of Trump like to believe that. After all, they loved his comments. Why wouldn't everyone else? Clearly, you haven't considered the possibility that the electorate is getting tired of Trump's shtick. Again, if he's such a media genius, why have his approval ratings been consistently underwater?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

1 body language

2 voice tone

3 sense of humour

4 policies

Trump has the advantage in all 4. Harris has slumped shoulders, horrible nagging voice, no sense of humour and no good policies to run on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Well, the media genius certainly wasn't impressive in his debate with Biden. And as for Trump turning around the crass comments he made, I imagine most fanboys of Trump like to believe that. After all, they loved his comments. Why wouldn't everyone else? Clearly, you haven't considered the possibility that the electorate is getting tired of Trump's shtick. Again, if he's such a media genius, why have his approval ratings been consistently underwater?

I agree, though Trump did better than Biden, and was obviously in command, the debate performance itself was not very impressive. He can do a lot better, but he depends on the opposition, if he has a Hilary Clinton his performance is a lot better. Biden just offerend nothing to shine.

There is an element of Trump fatigue, in part of course because the Democrat media can't stop talking about him, but he clearly still holds endless fascination, especially for his opponents.

His approval ratings on the economy, the most important issue, are considerably higher than for Harris.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree, though Trump did better than Biden, and was obviously in command, the debate performance itself was not very impressive. He can do a lot better, but he depends on the opposition, if he has a Hilary Clinton his performance is a lot better. Biden just offerend nothing to shine.

There is an element of Trump fatigue, in part of course because the Democrat media can't stop talking about him, but he clearly still holds endless fascination, especially for his opponents.

His approval ratings on the economy, the most important issue, are considerably higher than for Harris.

He was obviously in command? Of what? Not of himself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, placeholder said:

He was obviously in command? Of what? Not of himself.

Of the debate. He was quite aware that Biden was struggling and showed a lot of mercy. He just said "I have no idea what he just said". He could have been a lot more insulting, but he was not. It was clear he felt in command and that was plain to see.

But I do think the debate performance he gave was not great, most likely because Biden offered so little to work with and it was quickly apparent that the debate was won.

• Agree 1

Of the debate. He was quite aware that Biden was struggling and showed a lot of mercy. He just said "I have no idea what he just said". He could have been a lot more insulting, but he was not. It was clear he felt in command and that was plain to see.

But I do think the debate performance he gave was not great, most likely because Biden offered so little to work with and it was quickly apparent that the debate was won.

Not great? How about not good?  Trump showed mercy? What debate did you watch? .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Not great? How about not good?  Trump showed mercy? What debate did you watch? .

It was not good, not great, but it was okay, enough to look better and win the debate, albeit against a self-destructing Biden.

Trump did show mercy, when Biden tangled himself up in knots Trump could have homed in on that, but he didn't. He just said "I have no idea what he just said".  He showed great mercy towards Biden.

Just now, Cameroni said:

It was not good, not great, but it was okay, enough to look better and win the debate, albeit against a self-destructing Biden.

Trump did show mercy, when Biden tangled himself up in knots Trump could have homed in on that, but he didn't. He just said "I have no idea what he just said".  He showed great mercy towards Biden.

Cherry picking much?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share of U.S. adults who say they are more enthusiastic about voting than in previous presidential elections

image.png.f782acd525c2ecbf1f5b3d3b3ad95737.png

Americans, driven by a Democratic surge, are the most enthusiastic about the presidential election in 24 years of Gallup polling...

Democrats' enthusiasm score is one point shy of the party's high — 79% in February 2008, during the Clinton-Obama primary. The group's score, which includes Democratic-leaning participants, was 55% in March.
The score for Republicans and GOP-leaning participants is at 64%, up from 59% in the spring.

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/31/voting-enthusiasm-presidential-election

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Share of U.S. adults who say they are more enthusiastic about voting than in previous presidential elections

image.png.f782acd525c2ecbf1f5b3d3b3ad95737.png

Americans, driven by a Democratic surge, are the most enthusiastic about the presidential election in 24 years of Gallup polling...

Democrats' enthusiasm score is one point shy of the party's high — 79% in February 2008, during the Clinton-Obama primary. The group's score, which includes Democratic-leaning participants, was 55% in March.
The score for Republicans and GOP-leaning participants is at 64%, up from 59% in the spring.

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/31/voting-enthusiasm-presidential-election

Turnout in the Seven is the bottom line 

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Trump was great against Biden.

Gave him just enough rope to hang himself and then sat back and watched.

Biden was gone 2 weeks later. 

He'll destroy Harris if she has the minerals to do it. 

Attack points

1 -7 accents

2 -Communist one week, capitalist the next

3 -You stole my policy

4- border tsar

5 - 2 wars

6 - worst inflation since Carter

7 - rising unemployment

Easy win

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Attack points

1 -7 accents

2 -Communist one week, capitalist the next

3 -You stole my policy

4- border tsar

5 - 2 wars

6 - worst inflation since Carter

7 - rising unemployment

Easy win

Indeed. Plenty of material to work with. 

Regarding the accents, she started doing her Ali G impersonation again recently while addressing a predominantly black crowd. 😃 Lots of black YouTubers shaking their heads in disbelief.

Trump has always been toxic at the ballot box. . A pattern of losing that is had to ignore. 

Lost 2018 - midterms when his endorsed candidates flopped bigly & Dems recaptured the House

Lost 2020 - first incumbent to lose a reelection since George Bush

Lost 2022 - most of his endorsed choices lost and Dems kept the senate. Red wave didn;t happen for the House. 

He will lose again in 2024 because his brand is failing and he lack the discipline to made adjustment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Trump has always been toxic at the ballot box. . A pattern of losing that is had to ignore. 

Lost 2018 - midterms when his endorsed candidates flopped bigly & Dems recaptured the House

Lost 2020 - first incumbent to lose a reelection since George Bush

Lost 2022 - most of his endorsed choices lost and Dems kept the senate. Red wave didn;t happen for the House. 

He will lose again in 2024 because his brand is failing and he lack the discipline to made adjustment. 

Enthusiasm towards Harris too, he needs find a way to blunt that shift.

• Like 1

Polls aren't worth looking at.  They all are biased.  You'll know sometime before January 2025.  Until then it's all speculation. 

Taylor Swift for President 2024

• Confused 1