Musk the useful idiot

Inderpland

On 9/6/2024 at 4:42 PM, maesariang said:

Nothing story

Yup. A tasteless burger with feck all inside.

A fake transplant from the implant maestro.

The calling pot looking forthe lost kettle.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, maesariang said:

Give the rich incentives to invest in farms, public housing, hospitals, roads.

But that's what's been happening for years and it's called paying your taxes. But do go on, how would you incentivize the rich to invest in such thing.

And speak loudly because literally millions of economists and people working in government finances the worlds over would just looooooove to hear your ideas on this. Seriously, there's a Nobel price in it if you cut this Gordian knot!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, James105 said:

I'm old enough to remember when X was Twitter and was owned by censorious leftists.  

When anyone who was not far left were complaining about being censored all the lefties would cry out:  "It's a private company - they can do whatever they want and if you don't like it start your own platform".   Then Musk bought a platform and allowed people on the left and the right to share their views.   Now the tedious left are complaining.   Quelle surprise.   

Yes, before Musk the right was complaining and after Musk the left are complaining. I'm also old enough to remember that. Not exactly earth shattering news.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, tgw said:

350 million:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/18/boris-johnson-350-million-claim-bogus-foreign-secretary

current lies ...

of course Trump is a serial offender in this department. I don't know if you require examples of his lies, there are many to choose from.

I have been looking for lies from the democrats or left-leaning politicians of other nations, but came short in the short time I searched, maybe you have some examples ?

I'm sometimes watching pro-democrat commentators on youtube spinning some things and I get sick of it. yes, they misrepresent facts too.

you came up short because the media covers for all of them,  are you seriously claiming the no democrat has ever lied?

how about Biden in the recent fumbling DNC speech he made

1, repeated the already debunked 'fine people on both sides' 

2, 'bloodbath' if not elected, when it was a term used for the destruction of the auto industry.

3, a dictator from day 1, a reference to a highly edited version of a tongue in cheek comment made.

that was 3 of many in a matter of 2 minutes.

if only the so called fact checkers did their job and were not democrat based or left bias to begin with

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Yes, before Musk the right was complaining and after Musk the left are complaining. I'm also old enough to remember that. Not exactly earth shattering news.

difference being , before Musk the right were censored, whereas now, both can speak, 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Inderpland said:

Now that's what I love about you MAGA guys - no generalizations, but rather thoughtful and perceptive arguments that are so convincing!

Who's generalising here? I'm not American and I don't like Trump. 

• Confused 1

When Harris was claiming that President Biden was sharp as ever, was she not intentionally spreading disinformation , and should she not be prosecuted for that? 

Surly such a liar should be barred from office.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, mogandave said:

When Harris was claiming that President Biden was sharp as ever, was she not intentionally spreading disinformation , and should she not be prosecuted for that? 

Surly such a liar should be barred from office.

Liars banned from office.....heard it all now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Trump is the most prolific liar in US history.  If you have a problem with liars, why in freaks name would you support Trump? 

What Trump lie was more dangerous than Harris’ continually lying about President Biden’s condition,? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

What Trump lie was more dangerous than Harris’ continually lying about President Biden’s condition,? 

One did result in an attack on the Capitol and deaths and the other did not. You work it out.

Edited by Inderpland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

The old "not as bad as Hitler" defence.....love it.

Every Republican President I can remember was called Hitler by the left. 

The left only cares about lies when they come from people they oppose. 

One moron here keeps claiming Trump lied about his weight when he was arrested. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Do you think Trump believes he lost the election? 

As he has said so himself one would think so, but since he's easily one of the most prolific liars in recorded history who know.

FWIW, I think he knows this very well. It just suited him to play victim so he didn't have to admit to losing, even though it further divided the country and lead to hundred of thousands/millions of his easily misled supporters to believe him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Inderpland said:

As he has said so himself one would think so, but since he's easily one of the most prolific liars in recorded history who know.

FWIW, I think he knows this very well. It just suited him to play victim so he didn't have to admit to losing, even though it further divided the country and lead to hundred of thousands/millions of his easily misled supporters to believe him.

Lots of people believed it without having to listen to Trump.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

One could argue that the Afghanistan debacle may have been avoided had Harris been honest about President Biden’s condition. 

How many lives was that?

The comment was re J6 I think.

Just now, nauseus said:

The comment was re J6 I think.

the leftist was saying that Trump’s “lie” caused deaths, while Harris’s lying can be excused because it did not cause any deaths. 

It seems to me, that the opposite is true.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, mogandave said:

the leftist was saying that Trump’s “lie” caused deaths, while Harris’s lying can be excused because it did not cause any deaths. 

It seems to me, that the opposite is true.

I think Trump said what he felt to be true at the time. Many Americans said the same in the interviews that I saw.

I don't think Harris had much to do with what was going on in Afghanistan in 2020 but what did she say?