Dick Cheney Will Also Vote For Harris

RSD1

i wouldn't boast about this. his administrations policies resulted in the deaths of about 1 million people. 

13 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

This is further proof that Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin, seen from the outside. That said, the American citizen may not agree with me.

they are all just rich scum. loads will disagree with you but you're right. 

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

That' would be enough to make me vote for anyone else.   The ultimate war mongering profiteer endorsing anyone, well ... nuff said.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Some interesting developments going on on the endorsements front:

Eighty-eight corporate leaders endorse Harris in new letter, including CEOs of Yelp, Box

Sep 6 2024

• Eighty-eight corporate leaders signed a new letter Friday endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris for president.

• Signers include former 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch, Snap Chairman Michael Lynton, Yelp boss Jeremy Stoppelman and Ripple co-founder Chris Larsen. [emphasis added]

• If the Democratic nominee wins the White House, they contend, “the business community can be confident that it will have a president who wants American industries to thrive.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/09/06/harris-endorsed-trump-murdoch-yelp-snap-ripple.html

But this was the most intriguing one above to me:

"They include James Murdoch, former CEO of 21st Century Fox and an heir to the Murdoch family media empire."

Interesting.... One of right-wing media mogul (Fox & NY Post) Rupert Murdoch's sons endorsing Kamala Harris for president over Donald Trump!

James Rupert Jacob Murdoch (born 13 December 1972) is a British-American businessman.[1] He is the younger son of media mogul Rupert Murdoch and the former chief executive officer (CEO) of 21st Century Fox from 2015 to 2019.[2]

He was the chairman and CEO for Europe and Asia of News Corporation until 2013 when it was split into News Corp and 21st Century Fox. He was formerly a director of News Corp and was a member of the office of the chairman."

But there were prior hints:

"In July 2020, Murdoch resigned from the board of directors of News Corp. His resignation letter stated that his resignation was "due to disagreements over certain editorial content published by the Company’s news outlets and certain other strategic decisions"

In 2020, Murdoch and his wife each donated US$615,000 to the Biden campaign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Murdoch

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stoner said:

i wouldn't boast about this. his administrations policies resulted in the deaths of about 1 million people. 

they are all just rich scum. loads will disagree with you but you're right. 

The Bush/Cheney presidency was perhaps the worst in American history. They took a well positioned economy in surplus and spent the country into oblivion with ill thought out wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Their legacy is they left Americans poorer, the world destabilized, and the US in a debt hole from the Great Recession that seems like it will never be overcome--unless the government simply inflate their way out of it, which is probably what they're thinking. Bush and Cheney were and are despicable people. Having either or both Harris is like jumping into the ocean with an anchor tied to your legs. Until now, I have been determined not to vote for Trump, even though RFKjr endorsed him. But with Cheney part of the Harris/Walz team, I may change my mind.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Some interesting developments going on on the endorsements front:

Eighty-eight corporate leaders endorse Harris in new letter, including CEOs of Yelp, Box

Sep 6 2024

• Eighty-eight corporate leaders signed a new letter Friday endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris for president.
  • Signers include former 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch, Snap Chairman Michael Lynton, Yelp boss Jeremy Stoppelman and Ripple co-founder Chris Larsen.
  • If the Democratic nominee wins the White House, they contend, “the business community can be confident that it will have a president who wants American industries to thrive.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/09/06/harris-endorsed-trump-murdoch-yelp-snap-ripple.html

But this was the most intriguing one above to me:

"They include James Murdoch, former CEO of 21st Century Fox and an heir to the Murdoch family media empire."

Interesting.... One of right-wing media mogul (Fox & NY Post) Rupert Murdoch's sons endorsing Kamala Harris for president over Donald Trump!

James Rupert Jacob Murdoch (born 13 December 1972) is a British-American businessman.[1] He is the younger son of media mogul Rupert Murdoch and the former chief executive officer (CEO) of 21st Century Fox from 2015 to 2019.[2]

He was the chairman and CEO for Europe and Asia of News Corporation until 2013 when it was split into News Corp and 21st Century Fox. He was formerly a director of News Corp and was a member of the office of the chairman."

But there were prior hints:

"In July 2020, Murdoch resigned from the board of directors of News Corp. His resignation letter stated that his resignation was "due to disagreements over certain editorial content published by the Company’s news outlets and certain other strategic decisions"

In 2020, Murdoch and his wife each donated US$615,000 to the Biden campaign.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Murdoch

James is a lefty.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The Bush/Cheney presidency was perhaps the worst in American history. They took a well positioned economy in surplus and spent the country into oblivion with ill thought out wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Their legacy is they left Americans poorer, the world destabilized, and the US in a debt hole from the Great Recession that seems like it will never be overcome--unless the government simply inflate their way out of it, which is probably what they're thinking. Bush and Cheney were and are despicable people. Having either or both Harris is like jumping into the ocean with an anchor tied to your legs. Until now, I have been determined not to vote for Trump, even though RFKjr endorsed him. But with Cheney part of the Harris/Walz team, I may change my mind.

That's all true about them and it's even worse with their lies and fabrications about WMD, destabilization of Iraq, etc. 

But that isn't really the point is it? It's about well known conservatives openly jumping ship and crossing party lines. It's a trend that confirms the Trump cult of personality is steadily dying. 

• Agree 2

Screenshot_2.jpg.95b76d11a5a2075413e8e19acffcf7a0.jpg

August 3, 2024

"It is rare for Cabinet members to not support the president they served. They are normally some of a president’s most loyal supporters. But in the case of Trump’s Cabinet, these uniquely qualified insiders — spanning from the vice president and chiefs of staff to more than a dozen agencies, such as Agriculture, Commerce, Homeland Security and Transportation — are deeply divided about whether he should return to power."

Among the former cabinet members who the Post said won't say whether or not they'll support Trump:

Screenshot_3.jpg.c88c6d94aaa72d7a4c38c297898a4de8.jpg

https://archive.ph/tYsO2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/interactive/2024/trump-cabinet-endorsements/

2 minutes ago, maesariang said:

Politicians are supposed to help the working class not the elites. So many elites voting Harris.

What defines an elite? Someone like Trump who proclaims to be a billionaire, but when he can't even raise $400 million to pay his own court fines? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

That's all true about them and it's even worse with their lies and fabrications about WMD, destabilization of Iraq, etc. 

But that isn't really the point is it? It's about well known conservatives openly jumping ship and crossing party lines. It's a trend that confirms the Trump cult of personality is steadily dying. 

People like Cheney never supported Trump, IMO. They are as much part of the "swamp" as any Democrat.

17 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

IMO it was never about Trump the man. It was about "draining the swamp". Many Americans loath Washington to the extent of voting for Trump, just because he said he is against the Washington cabal.

21 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

They would have to be respected for that to be true.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The Bush/Cheney presidency was perhaps the worst in American history. They took a well positioned economy in surplus and spent the country into oblivion with ill thought out wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Their legacy is they left Americans poorer, the world destabilized, and the US in a debt hole from the Great Recession that seems like it will never be overcome--unless the government simply inflate their way out of it, which is probably what they're thinking. Bush and Cheney were and are despicable people.

On that I agree 100%. I'm still boggled that Bush got re elected.