Just nearly sent me back home to Blighty. 

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

One of the most liberal countries to visit for westerns, and easy long term visa for people above 50, and still people complains. Unbelievable 

I am talking about the rules here, the system, it makes me feel bored even if i don't have any issues here. I am not complaining about the country(that i always like) don't get me wrong

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I am talking about the rules here, the system, it makes me feel bored even if i don't have any issues here. I am not complaining about the country(that i always like) don't get me wrong

There is a reason why Thailand is still available and affordable for most, and that is because this is still a dysfunctional country. 

If you want to stay here more or less permanent, you know you risking being denied on the border sooner or later for any reason, if you try to only use visa exemption and renewal. 

Still it takes a toll on someone included me coming from a fully functional country living here permanent. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There is a reason why Thailand is still available and affordable for most, and that is because this is still a dysfunctional country. 

If you want to stay here more or less permanent, you know you risking being denied on the border sooner or later for any reason, if you try to only use visa exemption and renewal. 

Still it takes a toll on someone me included coming from a fully functional country living here permanent. 

Less than 6 months a year here are good enough for me

Edited by Jack1988
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Less than 6 months a year here are good enough for me

We will apply for family reunion for my wife when back now, only 14 months waiting time for the moment. But she have tourist visa for one more year and can still visit while waiting at least. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

There is an underlying problem here involving visa runs. Do you think they may have realized that border bouncing is visa fraud?

lol no (but am not laughing at you)

They're starting to enforce the new twice a year  visa exempt entry that is per every Thai Embassies website worldwide (who's own nationals are entitled to it)

Twice already in Phuket (that I know of)  reality is dawning for more than a few "experts"

Beyond comprehension that these people believe that Thailands new already incredibly generous visa exempt entry of effectively 180 available days (2x90 including the 30 day extensions)  can carry on indefinately until the immigration officer decides otherwise lol

Utter bollacks and realisation is dawning that no immigration system worldwide can operate like that

Edited by Chivas
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You can't answer the question either,  "what specifically did the op do against the law or rules?" go on?

This has been going on for several years. Immigration has been denying entry to those who spend long periods of time in the country on tourist visas and visa-exempt entries.

Now, here is the answer to your question. There is no specific rule against this behaviour. There are around 11 reasons for denial of entry. So, the Immigration Officer will pass it up the chain and generally suggest Khor 2 to the colonel who puts the denial of entry stamp in your passport. Khor 2 is sufficiently vague. "No appropriate way of supporting oneself in the kingdom"

By using this legislation, they "keep it legal"

You can appeal if you are denied entry.

Here is a link to the legislation if you can read Thai.

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=2577

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol no (but am not laughing at you)

They're starting to enforce the new twice a year  visa exempt entry that is per every Thai Embassies website worldwide (who's own nationals are entitled to it)

Twice already in Phuket (that I know of)  reality is dawning for more than a few "experts"

Beyond comprehension that these people believe that Thailands new already incredibly generous visa exempt entry of effectively 180 available days (2x90 including the 30 day extensions)  can carry on indefinately until the immigration officer decides otherwise lol

Utter bollacks and realisation is dawning that no immigration system worldwide can operate like that

There's literally only 2 embassies in the world that have terminology like this on their websites.  And it's not a rule. But they can put whatever they want on their websites.  To top it off, the embassies and consulate have no say in the entry policies, as that is immigration which is a completely different government agency.

11 hours ago, Stevey said:

Suvarnabhumi Airport Immigration. Just nearly sent me back home 😦 to Blighty. 

I just arrived at the airport from the UK. They’ve got some new security kiosks and for daytime Saturday it was not busy at all but the the lines weren’t going that quick at all. Eventually I got to the IO, serious look on his face looked about 30.

I’ve got a new passport as my last one was full but to 1 clean page. I’ve always come two times a year for a month or 2  to Thailand but when the fake pandemic broke out i stayed here for 2 1/2 years from January 2021 to June 2023  not able to stomach what was going on in the UK with people queuing round the block with the sleeve rolled up. 

I used the 2 month Covid extension at the local Immigration where I stay in NongKhai and it was no trouble at all. When that ended in 2023 I did a visa run to Lao Savannakhet Thai Consulate and maybe a last trip over the border to Vientiane before heading back to Blighters. 

I worked for 6 months and jacked my job and had another 6 months where I extended my Visa Exemption on arriving at Swampy at the local immigration and then did some border hops and extended those to get me to 6months. 

I’ve been back in Blighty for 3Months and have holiday to take from work so a few days ago i arranged a 2week trip to see my girlfriend and step son and have a new passport I received last week. 

All arrangements made I just arrived in front of said Immigration officer. He brings my details up as he looks at my passport and it “  No no no !! , too visa runs !!  your not getting in today where’s you visa ?” 

I don’t need a visa ? I said.  “Everything changing now sir, let’s go” He was delighted with a big smile on his face after confirmingmy return ticket in a couple of weeks “ I think you be going home today Mister”. They’ve been deporting people all day and apparently so now was i.

I did want he wanted and begged and pleaded to his narcissistic soul for clemency. How it would have gone if I couldn’t speak Thai I don’t know but when I proved to his superior Manager when he arrived that I have a family here he started to relent and said “ Get your girlfriend on the phone, I give you one chance for her to give the correct answers” It was lucky I got thru to her. He bombarded her with questions and warmed to her as she was dressed in work attire cutting rubber trees. I got my stamp but the original guy who then took me back to the counter for stamping me in said all people with in the rules but lots of border runs etc will get refused entry even with a 2month tourist visa in their passport ready as immigration will assume you are going to try and stay a lot longer and not believe that you are going home on the day your ticket says. 

I got it from the Boss man himself. It appears that the sudden surge in young shirtless French guys razzing round Phuket on Mopeds are causing the Thai peoples already general dislike of Falang to effect the good ones like me.

“Many problems with the foreigner right now now in Thailand “

I got away with it this time. I don’t particularly want to get a Marriage visa , which will involve marrying my girlfriend, plus isn’t it a trip to Bangkok for paperwork ? Anyway it’s the cloudy rainy season now and the rice fields will be glorious 

Woo Hoo! Bring on the village !! Get in !! 

As soon as you said "fake pandemic" it told me all I needed to know...555

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Raised suspicion that he may have been abusing the VE system, perhaps?   What, specifically, did the IO do against the law or rules that justifies his being fired?

You haven't answered the question, "what specifically did the op do against the law or rules?" what is it?

IO needs to follow the laws and rules not make things up

I didn't say that he had done anything illegal, neither, apparently, did the IO.    You didn't read (or comprehend) my reply, his very frequent visits probably raised suspicion that he wasn't a genuine "tourist" and may have been abusing the VE system, as I did already post!    There was no suggestion that the IO was "making up" anything, nor that he was not "following the laws and rules".

16 hours ago, Stevey said:

They’ve been deporting people all day and apparently so now was i.

I'd like to hear more about this all-day activity.

Surely we'll hear more reports about this.

18 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I'd like to hear more about this all-day activity.

Surely we'll hear more reports about this.

We won't.  Refusal of entry of criminals, visa  flippers, and of people unable to show that they can support themselves is not unusual.  Deportations are a different activity and are not done at arrival. On any given day many people are deported at land borders back to Cambodia, Myanmar and Malaysia.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, billd766 said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Huh?  Isn't this supposed to be an English-only forum?

@Hummin's first language is not English. IIRC he is from Norway.

Perfection in English is not a requirement on the forum.

If you really need to know what he said, then reply to his post and ask him to explain.

Yes, I know, that's why I indicated that my comment was probably not serious by my use of an exclamation mark that you deliberately omitted when you quoted my post; it contravenes the forum rules to amend quoted comments if that alters the context of the comment.  This is what I actually posted...

"Huh?  Isn't this supposed to be an English-only forum?!"

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

We know this is garbage, many people reported that the IO didn't even check the money, so again not following laws or rules, just making it up

You missed the part where he confirmed that he was stamped in?  No claim of not having sufficient funds, no law- or rule-breaking and nothing "made up".

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

We know this is garbage, many people reported that the IO didn't even check the money, so again not following laws or rules, just making it up

"We" don't know.

What is known is only what the OP reported, which is just one side of a 2 sided story, and nothing else.

• Agree 1

Well it’s the day after the night before and I’ve just had a read through the usual Nasty TV crowds opinion on me following the rules. I’ve learned there’s no point responding to these types. Funny how you never get anyone speak like this to your face 

I’ve done nothing wrong. Why other members think I have is beyond me. Apart from the alternative of getting a 6months visa I can’t see what lines I’ve transgressed, in fact I’ve paid 2000 baht a go for visa extensions multiple times with indication that I was not following the rules. 

9 minutes ago, Stevey said:

I’ve done nothing wrong. Why other members think I have is beyond me. Apart from the alternative of getting a 6months visa I can’t see what lines I’ve transgressed, in fact I’ve paid 2000 baht a go for visa extensions multiple times with indication that I was not following the rules. 

That's an inconsistency that has existed for as long as IOs at some airports have "cracked down" on imaginary "visa exempt abuse".

We've never seen any reports of immigration offices within Thailand denying 30-day extensions based on the applicant "spending too much time" in Thailand or similar nonsense. Without fail, you pay and get an additional 30 days, no matter what your history has been.

So yes, you've done nothing wrong. There are no official rules that you have broken.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Stevey said:

in fact I’ve paid 2000 baht a go for visa extensions multiple times

If you mean extensions of stay, at what immigration office was this?