British Man in Pattaya Crashes Motorcycle into Sidecar, Driver Severely Injured

webfact

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

If you click on the full story she has already told the cops, they were out drinking and he had smoked cannabis. But if you look at the sidecar, as usual with these, I don't see any lights on it. But we all know who will be blamed.

So do you see any lights on the Briton's motorbike?  Perhaps the collision damage is a reason the now stationary bike/sidecar's lights may not be on.  Did any of the witnesses quoted in the article report that it was unlit? Perhaps the rescuers cut the bike's battery power for safety reasons? Couldn't possibly be the fault of the stoned, drunk, speeding motorcyclist, could it?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pattaya — A British man crashed his motorcycle into a sidecar in Pattaya, leaving the sidecar driver and a passenger critically injured.

At 4:30 AM on September 8th, 2024, Pattaya police received a report of a severe collision between a motorcycle and a sidecar in front of the Eakmongkol Village on Soi Chaiyaphruek 1 in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Police officers, along with rescue workers from the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Foundation, rushed to the scene.

Upon arrival, authorities found motorcycle parts scattered across the road. In the middle of the street, a severely damaged sidecar motorcycle was discovered, with the driver, identified as Mr. Narong Thaesungnoen, 68, lying unconscious in a pool of blood.

The Thai driver had suffered broken arms, a fractured left leg, and a large head wound. Nearby, a red Honda ADV 350cc motorcycle was found overturned and heavily damaged. The driver, Mr. Mikel (full name withheld by authorities), a 35-year-old British national, was bleeding profusely from a head injury. An unidentified Thai woman, who had been riding pillion on Mr. Mikel’s motorcycle, was also found in serious condition.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 

-- 2024-09-09

news-footer-3.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

It's terrible that an innocent driver has to suffer from injuries caused by an idiotic Brit, unable to control his bike. Hopefully he'll rotten in jail or hell 

• Agree 2

"According to the Thai woman who was riding on the motorcycle, she and Mr. Mikel had been out drinking and were on their way back to their accommodation. She stated to authorities that the foreigner had allegedly smoked cannabis and was speeding before the accident occurred."....Don't get fooled and never expect much support from a bar girl, she's only in it for the money and doesn't actually give a damn rat's rear-end about you. if she can get compensation from that accident, she'll go for it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Yup, fits the [AN poster] profile", no one was killed in the accident.

Well, just read it again....

"ending up injuring or killing himself and a Thai girl''

Why don't you read it again!...

"...ending up injuring or killing himself and a Thai girl''.

No one was killed in the accident.

5 hours ago, Madgee said:

Honda ADV 350. It's capable of 150 kmph .... Plenty fast enough to achieve carnage. 

My wife's CB125 R can hit over 150kmh and I once had a 650cc that would struggle to hit that speed. Speed dosent equal the size of the bike. In Thailand the term Big Bike means above 500cc. Again bad reporting.  

• Like 1

Probably one of the major factors may be lack of bike skills/experience.

Not proud of it, but can say I rode bikes in Indonesia and Thailand while off chops many times in my 20/30s and never had a serious accident….grew up riding bikes (dirt and later road) from age 10 or even younger 

• Like 1

Yep those Honda Adv scooters are nice.  I'd like a 750 Adv but it's a bit of overkill really. 

This guys family are going to be paying out a small fortune if they want their boy back any time soon. 

Bad enough having booze in the system but weed as well?   In my past exposure to the stuff, it made me slow down not speed up. 

Strange. 

7 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Yep those Honda Adv scooters are nice.  I'd like a 750 Adv but it's a bit of overkill really. 

This guys family are going to be paying out a small fortune if they want their boy back any time soon. 

Bad enough having booze in the system but weed as well?   In my past exposure to the stuff, it made me slow down not speed up. 

Strange. 

Iv got 2 mates who went up to the 750, both got rid of them within 3 months, too big, hassle finding parking for them on/in Soi's - both went back to 350 Forza & an ADV.

Edited by Lokie
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why don't you read it again!...

"...ending up injuring or killing himself and a Thai girl''.

No one was killed in the accident.

Just read it again please.

I wrote:

Injuring,  OR killing....

OR means, one or the other,

And so in this case it is: Injuring only, which implies that no one died.

So that is what I wrote, in this instance, "no one died".

And that in many OTHER INSTANCES, people do die, but NOT in this instance.

One OR the other happen many times...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NE1 said:

" According to the Thai woman who was riding on the motorcycle, she and Mr. Mikel had been out drinking and were on their way back to their accommodation. She stated to authorities that the foreigner had allegedly smoked cannabis and was speeding before the accident occurred ".

drinking plus smoking dope! gonna cost him dearly! plus the injuries to all costs too!

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, NE1 said:

She stated to authorities that the foreigner had allegedly smoked cannabis and was speeding before the accident occurred ".

Another danger on the roads to be aware of for us normal people who understand you can't drink or smoke weed if you want to ride a bike in Thailand.  

People are so fxxxx stupid idiots.  Take a taxi back instead . 

Edited by balo
  • Agree 1

I watch Thai TV in the morning, specifically Workpoint channel 23. I was amazed after a few days of tuning in at around the same time (8.30) that there is an entire segment devoted to car and motorbike accidents with fairly graphic images and video. One one of the most horrific scenes I saw was footage of a motobike driving right off an overpass and flying 70 meters or so down. Unbelievable. Poor guy drove right off the highway bridge to his death no helmet.

For years now I've been extra careful even walking in Bangkok.

• Like 1

When getting a driver's license at DLT they make you watch boring video about the traffic laws and rules but after that they show a video about crashes.

The one that shocked me the most was car driving on 2-3 lane road each way hitting schoolgirls on well marked pedestrian crossing  like a bowling ball and girls flying everywhere!
Makes me shudder 😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

What on earth is a "typical British name" these days?

The most common surname in the UK is Smith.

The most common given name is David.

So, David Smith is the most common name (although not necessarily "typical")

Bob (Robert) Smith comes in at number 9, but I think he has changed his name recently.

https://www.gbgplc.com/en/news/uks-most-common-name-revealed/