Frenchman arrested in Krabi for eight-year visa overstay

snoop1130

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

In my mind, overstays (over 6 months) should be treated as a ban from Thailand for every day that you overstayed PLUS a five year ban - in this guys case he would be banned for about 13 years.

Thailand 'currently' is a very easy place to stay for years, do abusers need a hard lesson

Typical, slobbering comment of one of those pathetic "AN" members, fueled up with unlimited pride about their ability, to get an "Alien-Toleration" stamp in their passport, however.

I know...

The real "smart" ones buying "Elite"-Visas. Lol

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Illegal immigrants in America have taken the jobs that used to be worked by teenagers, elderly forced out of retirement, the working poor and various troubled people with family problems, mental disorders, drug addictions etc... because they work harder for less.

So you're basically dunking on the least fortunate people in society and kids trying to making a few bucks going through school. Are you proud of yourself?

That place you call "America" is full of immigrants. Some got the a bit before others, that's all. You´re one of them unless fully native.  

• Love It 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

For you to acknowledge the existence of legal (and illegal, undocumented) labour you must also acknowledge that there must be legal (and illegal, undocumented) workers.  Without workers (labourers) there cannot be labour.

My position is irrelevant. What matters is how the laws are written and what they say. It is impossible for someone to be illegal. A person's acts can be illegal, but not the person. The law defines who a person is and what is legal  or illegal.

You have a political position and want to  find a way to justify your position. Even though the laws as written do not support your position you are trying to force the argument so that it fits. Do it all you want, but what it does not change the  laws, nor how they are written. If the law said people as "illegal" .

17 minutes ago, VictorInBKK said:

That place you call "America" is full of immigrants. Some got the a bit before others, that's all. You´re one of them unless fully native.  

This is so tedious. Stop and think for a moment. Do understand the country was settled for hundreds of years already? A an immigrant from central America arriving in 2024 and moving into an existing city is not the same as a Welsh immigrant in 1800 moving to unsettled land and homesteading. Everything that matters is different.

Just now, NorthernRyland said:

This is so tedious. Stop and think for a moment. Do understand the country was settled for hundreds of years already? A an immigrant from central America arriving in 2024 and moving into an existing city is not the same as a Welsh immigrant in 1800 moving to unsettled land and homesteading. Everything that matters is different.

Been a while since I lived in America but it wasn't much different. Most Welsh didn't homestead BTW.  Don't you think Mexican's wished they could homestead?  Anyhow, I agree with you - I think.  Create more secure borders and restrict access to those that can contribute to bettering America as a whole.  Life isn't fair.

17 hours ago, SmokeandIce said:

If a newly arrived immigrant who often does not speak the same language and most likely no college degree can steal your job, then what type of Job did you have ?

Woow, man you made my day !!! so good !

19 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Hmmm...

Not going to bars. Not driving drunk, and always wear a helmet. Buddhist holidays does not concern me. Have enough money for my visa, so no need any agent.

What more will you come up with, or were you just reflecting your own situation?

I don't believe you have NEVER EVER done anything wrong! I know I have and Man enough to admit it. If you live in Thailand and Buddhist holidays don't concern you, so you reside in a country you don't respect.  Yes, I have the money to pay my way Pensions, civil and military, It's only money, you can't take it with you.

• Agree 1

Wow.

That was SO LONG AGO....

That it brings up memories of Vichy France....even....

I feel sorry for the old dude.....

Must be stressful, to say the least....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I'm not sure what's more remarkable the fact that he managed to pull this off for 8 years, or the fact that he most likely never left the country for 8 years. What a lifestyle, boring beyond imagination. One cannot even begin to imagine a life that is that stifling, get out and see the world for God's sake, life is short. 

It says he met a Thai woman in Krapi. I have heard of farangs working as waiters and on farms while overstaying their visas. The average Thai person doesn't usually understand about farangs visa requirement. I can remember a Thai friend asking me how long i had lived in Thailand, I replied 11 years. He said "Oh! You are Thai people now, you can stay forever". I said " no I can't as I can't read and write Thai". He replied "neither can 40% of Thai people ha!"

13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well. you suggested that you knew his background by saying that comparing him to a murderer was like comparing apples and oranges, to make that claim you must know something about him.   What if that old man is a murderer also?

Well. lol

12 minutes ago, sabai-dee-man said:

I meant to say *without* the need for 800k.

Touchy fella, aren't you?!

You'll soon get to know him, he's on almost everybodies block list, 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

You'll soon get to know him, he's on almost everybodies block list, 

I usually just roll my eyes and scroll by. I am in awe though... he's *never* wrong! Outstanding! 🤣 

Edited by sabai-dee-man
Damn new phone keeps auto-finishing words!

35 minutes ago, sabai-dee-man said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He's the one who posted that it he could have got a retirement extension with no money requirements, not me.

I meant to say *without* the need for 800k.

Touchy fella, aren't you?!

No, I am not, but it is not a case of my being "touchy", it is a case of providing accurate information which your post initially did not...as you confirmed in this comment.   Too many posters provide, what should be, accurate important information regarding extensions that is incorrect but they justify it by claiming to have "meant" something else - as though everyone else knows what is going on in their mind.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lopburikid said:

I don't believe you have NEVER EVER done anything wrong! I know I have and Man enough to admit it. If you live in Thailand and Buddhist holidays don't concern you, so you reside in a country you don't respect.  Yes, I have the money to pay my way Pensions, civil and military, It's only money, you can't take it with you.

Now it´s only money, and you can´t take it with you. It was you that mentioned it. Why if make it unimportant in your next post? Only that shows how insecure you are, by turning as the wind blows. You know, a funny thing with money, is that you can take them with you and use them until you are dead. So, also there a flaw in your chase for the last straw to hand on to, as I can not read about anybody that died in the OP.

Regarding culture and religion/beliefs. Are you unable to respect that without participate? There is nowhere it stands in any law or regulation, that it´s not allowed to drink during Buddhist holidays. If you look, you will see around 20-30% of all people celebrating the holidays walking and dancing to the temple and drinking at the same time. In fact, there are mostly only 7 Eleven, other franchises as well as mini marts, supermarkets and the restaurant, bar, hotel and entertainment businesses that stop sell, as most of the mom and pop shops in every street will sell to you. And, again! If I buy a box of beer the day before, there are no laws or regulations that say I can not drink during the holidays. Also, not many Thais will even lift and eyebrow or think I am doing something wrong.

Yes, I have done wrong. Not so much in the areas you mentioned, though. However, I have probably skipped the helmet once in a while. There are probably other things as well. However, I find it hard to compare that to be equal with an over 3000 days overstay. That is a person who do not care about anything, not himself, not the people he might live with and not any children if have. I actually feel very sorry for his children is he have any, as they do not deserve such moron as a father.

Now when you know all this, you can take you beliefs and put up you military place very the sun don´t shine. In other word, you can believe what you want, and I don´t care. Now I will take a couple of beers. You will probably think that is wrong but, yet again, can´t care less. I am happy, my wife is happy, my children are happy and their grandparents are happy. The whole big family is happy. The big question: Are YOU happy?

On 9/10/2024 at 9:30 AM, Captain Monday said:

Other than immigration violation and dragging proper expats down by association any evidence he did anything wong in Thailand? I do not believe in borders anymore.

If people otherwise follow the rules and do not become a burden they should be able to live where they want.

Yes just turn up anywhere, live on the streets and in public places, make everywhere filthy and unsanitary, beg for money or worse, destroy the environment for the people who made it decent to live there, contribute nothing Then demand your civil  rights.

• Agree 2

On 9/10/2024 at 7:59 AM, Butts said:

I feel so much safer now, meanwhile in the West Come on in stay awhile take our jobs, land, dna, rights, religion, culture its all yours-

It's a strange strange world we live in master jack... And hold on to your boots it is going to get a whole lot stranger. 

2 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Yes just turn up anywhere, live on the streets and in public places, make everywhere filthy and unsanitary, beg for money or worse, destroy the environment for the people who made it decent to live there, contribute nothing Then demand your civil  rights.

You forgot bleed the system dry that our parents and grandparents fought and died for to install for their future generations.  

• Agree 1