Pattaya: Search For Culprit Who Muzzled 10 Dogs With Tape

Georgealbert

41 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Amazing to see the quality of the people that come here and think they are smarter and more important. Impotent more like. No one cares what they think, so they rant and rave on a forum.

Have you been looking in the mirror? :smile:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

As a dog lover this shows the Thai mentality. Anyone traveling in Thailand knows the millions of starving and dying dogs. It is frankly horrible. Thai's are the worst, period.

The finest example of a country that loves its pets is Colombia. no dogs roaming the streets. And it is amazing how friendly they are. The  people treat them as part of the family and you can tell. The dogs are well adjusted and extremely happy. 

Thailand and SE Asia is the armpit of the world IMHO.

The problem here in Thailand is that they do not treat their dogs as pets the way that they do in the West. They do not sleep in the house, are allowed to roam freely all day and night, and therein lies the problem. You get bitten by such a "free roaming pet", and "Not my dog!", but you hit it with your motor bike, and suddenly it IS their dog, and furthermore it's a Cruft's Best of Breed Champion!

And even if a dog is terminally ill, vets will not put them to sleep as (a) it's against the Buddhist "religion", and (b) they make more money every time they give it an injection, more pills, more taking to and from the Animal Clinic - in short, more MONEY!!!

Whoever did it took a lot of care. The tape isn't wrapped round their fur or their muzzles directly, but they've put some gauze around their muzzles first and taped that. A very neat job, but perhaps not a sustainable solution.

59 minutes ago, sambum said:

Same answer as you gave to my question.

But they aren't going to be eliminated, so no point in insulting the locals as if you have all the answers. It's only a sick mind that would want to wipe out the wildlife for the relatively minor danger it poses. Without nature we would be lost.

21 minutes ago, sambum said:

The problem here in Thailand is that they do not treat their dogs as pets the way that they do in the West. They do not sleep in the house, are allowed to roam freely all day and night, and therein lies the problem. You get bitten by such a "free roaming pet", and "Not my dog!", but you hit it with your motor bike, and suddenly it IS their dog, and furthermore it's a Cruft's Best of Breed Champion!

And even if a dog is terminally ill, vets will not put them to sleep as (a) it's against the Buddhist "religion", and (b) they make more money every time they give it an injection, more pills, more taking to and from the Animal Clinic - in short, more MONEY!!!

Lots of problems manifest in your mind 😊 Maybe you should head back to your nanny state for safety. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, NowNow said:

But they aren't going to be eliminated, so no point in insulting the locals as if you have all the answers. It's only a sick mind that would want to wipe out the wildlife for the relatively minor danger it poses. Without nature we would be lost.

You don't get it - you didn't answer my question so I didn't answer yours.

17 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Although it´s cruel, I can understand why as they might be barking all night. In an organized world, there would be no dogs running around barking, biting and chasing people in the cities.

If you know the location of your organized world I'm sure we'd all love to hear it. 

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Society has the responsibility to do the right thing by these dogs. They did not ask to be born into this world, and many are there because of Thailand's refusal to sterilise the animals so they can't breed compounds the problem. If Thais didn't have the attitude that puppies are cute, then throw the dogs out of the house and onto the street when fully grown, these packs of dogs wouldn't exist. Same applies to cats.

People who feed the dogs probably have a good relationship with the animals because they are recognised as kind. Conversely, children who throw stones at them are recognised as dangerous. I have known dogs in Cambodia to be aggressive to locals but friendly to foreigners. They recognise kindness and those most likely to display that quality. What goes around comes around.

I am angered by the callous attitude of expats here, the labelling of the dogs as vermin and the desire to poison the animals and subject them to a painful death. 

Thais don't even seem to have the sense to humanely remove the more dangerous among the dogs. An American bully or pit bull dog kills a person and the dog is allowed to be adopted by yet another irresponsible individual rather than being put down. A Thai dog owner I know  was bitten in the face and badly injured by one of his dogs. The dog was taken to the local wat where its aggressive nature would find another outlet among people and animals unaware of the dangers it posed. Rather than deal with a problem it's easier to pass it on to someone else.

A neutering program would ensure that the current dog packs dwindle in size over time. Rather than support a responsible plan and actions for a better future, the problem is allowed to fester and grow. 

I am sure that I would also be one of those feeding the dogs too rather than offering them poison food. It's interesting that no one advocating the killing of these soi dogs suggested a humane method of disposing of them nor advocated for the reduction of numbers through preventing births. 

Sterilize and/or put them down. Too many.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, proton said:

Do you eat animals or not? No, thats not different and involves the greatest animal cruelty on earth, compared to that these scabby vermin being muzzled is nothing

Humans are carnivore by nature ..  Carnivore is the complete and appropriate diet for human existance

Go vegan,, keep on adding supplements to your flawed diet ...continue to poison the earth with pesticides and strip the land of all animal life living on theose farm area's as the huge combines come in and devastate everything in their path.So they can plant genetically modiefied plants.

Continue on the path of destroying your body and contributing to the growing rate of diabetes and cancers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, OldBird said:

Not only a racist but a mind-reading one at that. Pretty impressive. Maybe you should read what I posted more carefully. As I am pretty clear taping the dog's mouth shut is the lesser of two evils. I have a soi dog that barks every single night from 12 am to 5 am then sleeps all day.  When I have to get a night's sleep you know what I do?  I buy a jar of peanut butter from 7/11 open it and set it on the curb where that dog stands. It keeps that dog busy and its mouth shut for 6 hours.

Creamy Peanut Butter 

85baht @ villa mkt      do that  3-4 times a week 340 baht or 1360 baht a month   ...does not cure the situation.. 

your just putting a band-aid on the disease

How much does it cost to neuter a dog in Thailand?    between 1200-1800 baht  ... lasts a lifetime !

Price of euthanasia .  approx 2000 baht
Price of a  .22 cal round ..   approx   3baht

A post breaking forum rules has been removed.

Rule 17. ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, and criticising grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

8 hours ago, sambum said:

I find that implying I'm a moron, and now the above post are quite frankly, purely argumentative. Maybe you should stop your insults or face "going on report"?

don't waste your breath anymore Sambum,  he's talking nonsense. I gave upon him ages ago. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

If you know the location of your organized world I'm sure we'd all love to hear it. 

Oh Dear, Go talk to H. Finn now.

Edited by Gottfrid

7 hours ago, Umlungu said:

Dumbest reply ever. Suggesting to run/go away instead of dealing with and resolving issues.

No its not dumb, it's very practical. There are lots of moaners on AN that complain about the slightest thing.

All countries have their own idiosyncrasies, Thailand is no different, if people don't like them, they do not have to stay!. Thailand being what it is will never deal with some of these issues, like corrupt cops as an example.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

no .....   that's not very nice at all. He's an idiot in my book,  a showpony  ....    he ran over the wolf with his snow mobile ... then captured it and taped it's mouth..    the animal was out in the wild,   not in some Bangkok soi FFS ....   

11 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Have you thought about adopting one, instead of sitting at home alone?

Enough of your nonsense talk.   But you did win the dumb post award for your 'yes' reply.  

Edited by steven100

8 hours ago, Umlungu said:

Dumbest reply ever. Suggesting to run/go away instead of dealing with and resolving issues.

What are you talking about? None of them are going to solve any issues. They just come out of the woodwork whenever a 'dog' thread appears in order to impotently vent their frustrations and show disdain for Thai people and their way of life.

Too right they should vacate if it makes them so unhappy.

Edited by NowNow
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Enough of your nonsense talk.   But you did win the dumb post award for your 'yes' reply.  

It was a 'dumb' question. If a dog is biting children, you fix THAT problem, rather than every dog. Your question was just idiotic. No surprises there, since you mostly act like an infant, throwing your toys out of your pram.

How about answering my question like a grown up?

Have you thought about adopting one in order to give your life some purpose and to have some love in your life?

Too much anger and hatred around.