The debate thread.

Cryingdick

4 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Sure, it's here:

"Donald Trump left us the worst public health epidemic in a century."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris-trump-presidential-debate-transcript/story?id=113560542

To blame Trump for the Covid pandemic, is frankly beyond moronic.

Got it...cheers....I was just searching covid...doh!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Problem with that is he had 4 years in the WH as the actual president (and not VP) and when he was voted out he left a long list of broken promises so that question just makes him look like a hypocrite, and hypocrites never come across as strong. In fact, just the opposite.

I don't think viewers were thinking of that when he said Harris could have implemented those policies after having been in the white house for almost 4 years. 

It  was a rock solid argument.

Did Harris win any actual argument?

Edited by Cameroni
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

He should have focused more on the economy, but again these moderators directed the debate really. Made them talk about environmental concerns.

However, with inflation there were so many other causes, especially Covid, I just don't think most Americans blame Biden and Harris for inflation. I mean all other countries in Europe also had inflation.

I don't think the debate matters with no policies from Harris. Most comments on youtube negative about Harris and mods. Watching it back Harris is even worse. Those weird smirks and dodging questions.

Edited by maesariang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, maesariang said:

I don't think the debate matters with no policies from Harris. Most comments on youtube negative about Harris and mods. 

Actually I think that's right. The mainstream media said Trump lost all 3 debates against Clinton. And Trump still won.

We are seeeing Harris lose steam actually, and this debate is unlikely to matter in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

Just now, Cameroni said:

Actually I think that's right. The mainstream media said Trump lost all 3 debates against Clinton. And Trump still won.

We are seeeing Harris lose steam actually, and this debate is unlikely to matter in the grand scheme of things.

Everyday msm hammers Trump. Most see past it. How is Harris going to improve my life? Most voters cant answer that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I think most understand Vice President  is nowhere near the same as President. It's tricky for her to seem loyal to Biden but show a different path. 

Do you remember Dick Cheney? He showed that the VP office has huge power, it depends on the person using it. Harris has just not done anything with her power.

She clearly has gone a different path to Biden, she's followed Trump's path, strengthen border patrols, fund police, enable fracking....no wonder Trump quipped he was sending her a Maga hat.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

Exactly, people simply don't know what Harris stands for. And her peformance in the debate did not clear up HOW she would create an "Opportunity Economy". How she was going to bring down inflation. All she offered was platitudes.

And Trump called her out on it at the end when he said "She promised to do all these things, but she's been in office for almost 4 years, why has she not done them already?"

That was quite powerful.

I concur that she was a bit too vague sometimes but Trump is extremely poor in that area . His recent childcare answer - his concept of a plan on health care after 8 years  - his recent discussions about Ukraine - lets be honest he rarely talks policy in any sensible  and meaningful way. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

So you speak "untruths" again. She didn't blame him for Covid, but rather his handling of it.

No you are speaking untruths. She very clearly said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris-trump-presidential-debate-transcript/story?id=113560542

So Trump left her the epidemic. She did not complain about the handling of the pandemic in this sentence. She literally said Trump left her the pandemic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cameroni said:

Do you remember Dick Cheney? He showed that the VP office has huge power, it depends on the person using it. Harris has just not done anything with her power.

She clearly has gone a different path to Biden, she's followed Trump's path, strengthen border patrols, fund police, enable fracking....no wonder Trump quipped he was sending her a Maga hat.

Trump should have brought a maga hat and placed it on her head.

Just now, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I a little bit agree that she was a bit too vague sometimes but Trump is extremely poor in that area . His recent childcare answer - his concept of a plan on health care after 8 years  - his recent discussions about Ukraine - lets be honest he rarely talks policy in any sensible  and meaningful way. 

What I don't understand why he went on about the pet eating? He has all these serious crimes immigrants commit and he talks about pet eating? I know he's a show man, but that was so unnecessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, the amount of gaslighting the MAGA posters are engaging in is post debate is astonishing, and very pleasing. Because if their guy hadn't been smoked there would have been no need for that.

• Like 1

Just now, Cameroni said:

What I don't understand why he went on about the pet eating? He has all these serious crimes immigrants commit and he talks about pet eating? I know he's a show man, but that was so unnecessary.

He really blew it - gave the thing the night show hosts etc were looking for - some criticise the fact checking but they were no doubt ready for that particular controversial and spurious claim. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

No you are speaking untruths. She very clearly said:

So Trump left her the epidemic. She did not complain about the handling of the pandemic in this sentence. She literally said Trump left her the pandemic.

Wow, that's so disingenuous, even by your standards.

Edited by Inderpland

5 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

that would have been so funny, but she may have thrown it on the floor.

A tough former prosecutor being disrespected by a convicted criminal? She could have punched him in the face. Imagine the squealing, like in Deliverance.😆

• Like 1

Can I just ask: 

Does anyone remember seeing Harris win any of the arguments/exchanges?

Like when Trump responded at the very end to Kamala saying I will do this and I will do that  and Trump replied "So, she just started by saying she's going to do this, she's going to do that, she's going to do all these wonderful things. Why hasn't she done it? She's been there for 3 1/2 years. They've had 3 1/2 years to fix the border. They've had 3 1/2 years to create jobs and all the things we talked about. Why hasn't she done it? She should leave right now, go down to that beautiful white house, go to the capitol, get everyone together and do the things you want to do. But you haven't done it. And you won't do it.".

That was clearly a case of Trump winning an argument/exchange. 

Were there any where Harris won?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Can I just ask: 

Does anyone remember seeing Harris win any of the arguments/exchanges?

Like when Trump responded at the very end to Kamala saying I will do this and I will do that  and Trump replied "So, she just started by saying she's going to do this, she's going to do that, she's going to do all these wonderful things. Why hasn't she done it? She's been there for 3 1/2 years. They've had 3 1/2 years to fix the border. They've had 3 1/2 years to create jobs and all the things we talked about. Why hasn't she done it? She should leave right now, go down to that beautiful white house, go to the capitol, get everyone together and do the things you want to do. But you haven't done it. And you won't do it.".

That was clearly a case of Trump winning an argument/exchange. 

Were there any where Harris won?

Harris is all scripted. She even acted out the fake smiles. 

1 minute ago, maesariang said:

Harris is all scripted. She even acted out the fake smiles. 

She did seem very scripted.

I just wish Trump had been more scripted and hadn't talked about pet eating.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Inderpland said:

There you go.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/how-did-harris-and-trump-do-in-the-presidential-debate-4-key-moments-from-their-first-face-off-044016875.html

Just to take one example and the most famous one was when he was blabbering about cats and pets being eaten by immigrants and she looks at him incredulously and then laughs like you would at that senile uncle that's always sitting in a corner muttering to himself during family reunions. There's no coming back from that.

That was more Trump making a silly mistake. I mean like a real argument about policy, was there one that Harris actually won? Any particular exchange?

Just now, Inderpland said:

Why am I posting links when you're just trolling? From the link I sent you:

"“These dictators and autocrats are rooting for you to be president again, because they're so clear they can manipulate you with flattery and favors,” Harris said at one point. “That is why we understand that we have to have a president who is not consistently weak and wrong on national security.”

No, “she's the one … that's weak,” Trump sputtered in response, but that’s not how Harris made it seem on stage."

Putin supports Harris.