Springfield, Ohio man reported Haitian migrants snatching geese out of park 2 weeks ago

riclag

13 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Geese would be a better choice on the dinner table than the cats and dogs that Donald Trump suggested were being eaten by the illegals.

The Haitians in Springfield are not 'illegals". they are legal refugees. If true why would they steal ducks from the park, I assume they are under resourced by  support agencies.

• Like 2

Several posts making unsourced and unsubstantiated claims have been removed, along with a post citing a disallowed Russian propaganda site, and ensuing replies.

Please note the local forum rule regarding the Political Soapbox subforum:

"Stay on topic and back up any claims with credible sources.... We maintain a strict policy of accepting links or content only from mainstream and recognized media sources to ensure that information posted by members is both verifiable and trustworthy.

19 hours ago, mokwit said:

Why would Haitians want to leave Haiti? It must be a veritable paradise - all the population are descendants of black slaves and all the Government are black. No structural racism or white privilege to overcome. The sky is the limit as to what Haiti and individual Haitians can achieve.

Good to know to is all to do with defending from the enslaved race in Haiti, and that global economics does not enter the picture. Feel free to extend your opinion to all of Afica while you are at it ... top number of the poorest countries ...

Edited by Wrwest
  • Like 1

For those of you wondering what goose tastes like, next time you're in Bangkok check out this restaurant in the city's Chinatown.

Lao Tang Braised Goose

Here are its coordinates; 13.739879430300464, 100.51090289550284

It's located in Yaowarat. I've eaten there several times.  To me goose tastes like duck. To date, I haven't found any restaurants to serve me cat or dog.. Or, if they did, they didn't tell me about it..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, maesariang said:

No evidence is an opinion. If i steal bread from a bin and nobody sees me there is no evidence. Doesnt mean it didnt happen.

I agree, it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, just accusations without evidence.

There is quite a controversy in the city 

with everything ,Gov Dewine is sending help .

And the Attorney General of Ohio hopes to take court action.

The one thing I learned through my research is many aren’t illegal they( haitians) are here on temporary protected status,

and that there are American citizens complaining

about the mass migration into the city!

Ohio man calls cops to report … OP.

Im not here to convince members on the left or haters of Trump.

I reported a voice recording to police ,

The recording isn’t  a social media hoax or internet conspiracy theory, that many are using

to malign “missing, killing, stealing,pets or geese, ducks in parks.

I also found a citizen give an account without evidence at a city council hearing!

These accusations did occur , the voice recording and anthony harris conversation in front of the City Council.

I looked at snopes and there is no mention of this actual voice recording to police.

That being said ,I watched  the Springfield , Ohio  city council meeting 

On Youtube , of August  27th  with Anthony Harris , he is the blackAmerican wearing a Cincinnati Reds baseball cap, another  citizen who made reference to similar incidents.

I also watched  other citizens comment as well!  I have no idea of the political leanings of Mayor Rue but I did see him

shut down people for  who are opposed

to the mass migration crisis in their city , these people didn’t follow the rules of decorum set out by the city council.

AG of Ohio,“Citizens testified to City Council. These people would be competent witnesses in court. Why does the media find a carefully worded City Hall press release better evidence?”

The above quote is from the Attorney General of Ohio which I mentioned in another comment with source.which was recently maligned  by a poster with a wikipeida

source stating his previous political bias  despite his position as  the state Attorney General who has massive investigation powers.

Furthermore it appears that he hopes to take court action.

“Without mentioning the word “Haitians,” Yost’s statement called the number of migrants to Springfield “absurd” and a “disaster.” He repeated social media claims about migrants stealing livestock, squatting in homes and killing wildlife for food, and said he hoped to take court action”.

https://www.springfieldnewssun.com/news/ohio-ag-rips-springfield-immigration-eyes-lawsuit-local-leaders-talksolutions/BBUFTOOMSVGOFGCAD4KE4JOWMQ/

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Yost's podium photo on the above linked Springfield newspaper article tells everyone everything they need to know about his credibility and inflammatory anti-immigration posture on such matters.

Screenshot_5.jpg.cfcd887539cce0b58197994a3b39832e.jpg

PS - there's also nothing I've seen to support Yost's claim that the federal government has been "sending" any immigrants to Springfield...

As the prior Snopes report makes clear, they've been drawn there over the years because the local community had open jobs that employers were having trouble filling from the local workforce, and the word got around.

"Thanks to the availability of jobs, Springfield became a hot spot for Haitian immigrants around that time, according to reporting in NPR. According to The New York Times, the arrival of several manufacturing plants or corporations between 2017 and 2020 created a surplus of jobs. A lack of local labor created a deficit of workers, and word spread among the Haitian community that work could be found in the town, per the Times"

In general, Haitians sought out Springfield, via word of mouth, due to the perceived availability of jobs in the region, not because Biden "sent them there."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cats-ducks-haitians-springfield/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yost's podium photo on the above linked Springfield newspaper article tells everyone everything they need to know about his credibility and inflammatory anti-immigration posture on such matters.

Your opinion is irrelevant to me!

Thanks for sharing!

• Sad 4

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Funny that you didn't question the credibility of NY AG Leticia James when she actually ran on a platform of "Get Trump". 

Levrentiy Beria would be proud of both of you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

To date, I haven't found any restaurants to serve me cat or dog.. Or, if they did, they didn't tell me about it..

They also didn't tell you about the  Noo Nar (field rat)  or the meng da (tree cockroach)  😋

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"Thanks to the availability of jobs, Springfield became a hot spot for Haitian immigrants around that time, according to reporting in NPR. According to The New York Times, the arrival of several manufacturing plants or corporations between 2017 and 2020 created a surplus of jobs. A lack of local labor created a deficit of workers, and word spread among the Haitian community that work could be found in the town, per the Times"

Eventually, but probably only after the election, some reporter is going to drill down and find out how 20,000 Haitians arrived in the same small Ohio town, to the relative exclusion of newcomers from 100+ other countries who need jobs.  And I'd bet dollars to donuts it's not organic as claimed.  Somebody was steering it.  But you'll never see that in the NY Times.  Maybe the NY Post will cover it and we'll learn the truth, with bus or plane receipts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's inevitable people from different cultures have different attitudes to what's ornamental, and what's edible.

After WWII, Italian migrants to Australia decided our kookaburras were very tasty birds. Some stiff fines and a couple of jail sentences soon convinced them otherwise.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 1:01 AM, riclag said:

Ohio man calls cops to report …

A Springfield, Ohio, resident on his way to work called 911 to report spotting four Haitian migrants snatching geese near a city park just two weeks ago, according to a newly revealed recording.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/11/us-news/springfield-ohio-man-reported-haitian-migrants-snatching-geese/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/2024/09/10/police_audio_report_confirm_haitian_goose-hunting_in_oh_631350.html

And yet the white liberals of the forum, who have never been to Springfield or lived amongst Haitians in their neighborhoods claim it’s all false.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Eventually, but probably only after the election, some reporter is going to drill down and find out how 20,000 Haitians arrived in the same small Ohio town, to the relative exclusion of newcomers from 100+ other countries who need jobs.  And I'd bet dollars to donuts it's not organic as claimed.  Somebody was steering it.  But you'll never see that in the NY Times.  Maybe the NY Post will cover it and we'll learn the truth, with bus or plane receipts.

Who bought their plane tickets?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1