'Love tourists': Single men travelling overseas to find a bride

Berkshire

To get an "old fashioned" woman, it would help to be a truly old fashioned guy.

Are these men for instance, orthodox religious? Do they live in intergenerational households or excessively care for their parents?

Unhappiness with Sheila-slappers does not necessarily make you old fashioned.

Edited by Prubangboy
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Bride hunting has been going on for ever.

Poles, Russians, Slovenians, Ukrainians, etc etc.

I worked with a guy in Tokyo back in the early '90's.

He was almost retired. His Russian wife was in her mid to late 30's.

Drop dead gorgeous lady and and they had lots of sex. They had two children together.

His only complaint, she never stopped nagging him.

The only woman I ever married was Russia. I met her in a pub in England. What a woman. Loyal, beautiful, sexually extremely open minded, intelligent, hard working, great mother to our two children.

In the end she was too hard working and intelligent, thinking that she should run the show. 

But Russia has superb women, and not all pray to the Orthodox church, most are very modern and atheist, and also well educated. All are highly intelligent.

Of course you don't need to pay thousands to an agency to find a good Russian woman, just walk into any pub in England.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 5

14 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Bride hunting has been going on for ever.

Poles, Russians, Slovenians, Ukrainians, etc etc.

I worked with a guy in Tokyo back in the early '90's.

He was almost retired. His Russian wife was in her mid to late 30's.

Drop dead gorgeous lady and and they had lots of sex. They had two children together.

His only complaint, she never stopped nagging him.

Sounds about right for a best case scenario. 

None of motley crew pictured in the video can be described as 'drop dead gorgeous' and anyway, beauty comes from within. Idiots who treat women as sex objects soon get their 'wake up' call.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

Australia is fairly balanced on female to male ratios, with females slightly outnumbering males.

OTOH, Armenia and Ukraine lead the world with far more women than men. 55% and 54.1% women respectively.

They are also war-torn countries. A peaceful life in Australia must look very attractive.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I have extensive experience of meeting Russian and Ukranian women in the wild.

Fair enough, given the choice between you and standing shoulder to shoulder on the fish gutting line for 20 years, they choose you.

Edited by mokwit

22 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I await with keen interest your description of what a winner you are.

I'll give this a minute.

Even one of the interviewees talks about how the meetings are often just a weekend of sex. What kind of woman does that on a first meeting. Then look at the website. Not so different from ThaiFriendly...and you know what goes on there. Then look at them dancing. Again, suggestive.

Come on my friend, you aren't that stupid. Stay away from the prostitutes and gold diggers.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Australia is fairly balanced on female to male ratios, with females slightly outnumbering males.

OTOH, Armenia and Ukraine lead the world with far more women than men. 55% and 54.1% women respectively.

They are also war-torn countries. A peaceful life in Australia must look very attractive.

It's not that ratio that counts.  It's the right swipe ratio.  Google hypergamy. 

When I was a kid, before the interwebs, average guys stood a chance at finding luv locally.  Today, not so much.

Edited by impulse

It absolutely boggles my mind to think that a man would actually go out of his way to try to find a Russian bride. I could not possibly think of an easier way to become unhappy and unfulfilled. I've known several men that married Russian women and each and every time it ended in disaster. One Tmtime it ended in such a way that the Russian woman threatened to cut the man's heart out of his chest, while he was sleeping. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

crickey blue,   strewth ya goanna ...  fair crack of the whip jack,  if the shielas are in ya can grab a slab in the combi and vibe down to hit the beach teach ...  don't be galah ... just look for the joe blakes ya cobber. 

......and in English?

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

you do talk some rubbish at times don't you

crickey blue,   strewth ya goanna ...  fair crack of the whip jack,  if the shielas are in ya can grab a slab in the combi and vibe down to hit the beach teach ...  don't be galah ... just look for the joe blakes ya cobber. 

You brightened my day no end....555

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

You brightened my day no end....555

what was the saying .....  if you can't laugh you might as well be dead ..    

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

......and in English?

You should read the book "Let's Stalk Strine" by Professor Afferbeck Lauder. You will learn what an egg nishner is.

If you can pass the compulsory exam, you will then be admitted to the hallowed sport of farnarkling, sometimes spelled as farnarkeling.