What really grinds your gears in Pattaya

Pattaya57

On 9/13/2024 at 5:56 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Sorry, I've just found another thing that really grinds my gears...

^ Why do people that hate Pattaya so much always come into the Pattaya forum to post their hatred of Pattaya. If you hate it so much, why keep reading and posting about it.

They should all be made to post where they live so that us Pattaya people can go on their forum page to express our thoughts on where they choose to live 😉

Grinds my gears, too.  And, I've asked myself the same question.  Why such an interest in Pattaya?  Do they also read and post on the Peoria Forum?    Heck, we even have posters who have never even been to Pattaya coming on and posting.  Don't they have anything better to do with their time?   Apparently, not.

I finally decided the answer is, they just can't quit Pattaya.  Wherever they ended up, likely some cold, dreary, boring,  spot that leaves them with plenty of free time on their hands, huddled by a space heater, they hanker to be in Pattaya. Don't they ever.   And, don't they just so envy those of us who are here--usually in the form of extreme sour grapes, brought to us time and again with disparaging, usually clueless, often woefully outdated, and sometimes just plain mean Pattaya posts. 

The closest they can get to Pattaya seems to be the Pattaya Forum.  That is, until I took pity on them and created the Just Can't Quit Pattaya Fan Club.  Now these poor, unfortunate folk have a club all their own, where they can meet on-line--or perhaps in person if they are both living in the same godforsaken place--and commiserate with each other about not being where they really want to be--Pattaya.   No charge, of course.  My only remuneration is the satisfaction knowing I've brought some small comfort to these folk living their lives of quiet desperation--somewhere, alas, not Pattaya.

But I digress.  One grind remains Pattaya allowing a relative handful of cars to continue to park on some of the major, very busy roads, instead of creating more traffic lanes from the parking spaces that would, instead, benefit thousands of travelers on these roads.    

7 minutes ago, newnative said:

Grinds my gears, too.  And, I've asked myself the same question.  Why such an interest in Pattaya?  Do they also read and post on the Peoria Forum?    Heck, we even have posters who have never even been to Pattaya coming on and posting.  Don't they have anything better to do with their time?   Apparently, not.

I finally decided the answer is, they just can't quit Pattaya.  Wherever they ended up, likely some cold, dreary, boring,  spot that leaves them with plenty of free time on their hands, huddled by a space heater, they hanker to be in Pattaya. Don't they ever.   And, don't they just so envy those of us who are here--usually in the form of extreme sour grapes, brought to us time and again with disparaging, usually clueless, often woefully outdated, and sometimes just plain mean Pattaya posts. 

The closest they can get to Pattaya seems to be the Pattaya Forum.  That is, until I took pity on them and created the Just Can't Quit Pattaya Fan Club.  Now these poor, unfortunate folk have a club all their own, where they can meet on-line--or perhaps in person if they are both living in the same godforsaken place--and commiserate with each other about not being where they really want to be--Pattaya.   No charge, of course.  My only remuneration is the satisfaction knowing I've brought some small comfort to these folk living their lives of quiet desperation--somewhere, alas, not Pattaya.

But I digress.  One grind remains Pattaya allowing a relative handful of cars to continue to park on some of the major, very busy roads, instead of creating more traffic lanes from the parking spaces that would, instead, benefit thousands of travelers on these roads.    

Pattaya is of interest because it hosts some of the  oddest crimes in Thailand.  Lady boy thieves hiding under a bed is classic Pattaya crime. Blessed with an active news media, Pattaya crimes are quickly broadcast and make for  light entertainment.  That's why people are fixated.    What I don't like about Pattaya is the lack of access from across the sea.  Pattaya  offers a nice day or two of shopping. It has  selections as broad as in Bangkok, but targeted for the  foreign market. Unfortunately, it is a hassle to get to Pattaya ever since the  stopped the ferry between Hua Hin and Pattaya. It used to be 3 hours on a good day and you were dropped off in close proximity to the hotel district. Now one has to either fly by charter or drive the semi circle. Taking the bus  is an excruciating 5 hours+, And no fast train options.