Visa Overstay Leads to Arrest of Maldivian East Coast Gang

webfact

15 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

So immigration just happened to be at this condo. And saw this foreigner acting suspiciously? I'm sorry but what is suspicious behavior in a condo where he was just hanging out and living? 

Sounds more like someone tipped immigration and the man began to act suspicious when immigration began walking his way. Other than the threat to be stopped. why would the man act suspicious and immigration be called to check? 

Anyone with any experience in law enforcement has known enough of criminals to pick up on cues based on their behavior. Since they didn't describe it in detail you don't know one way or the other, do you? Anything is possible. But I agree that it is possible they were tipped off. 

17 hours ago, shackleton said:

Good to read some positive news on catching illegal overstayers here in Thailand 

Need more news like  this 🥳

Plenty more illegal over  stayers to find 

Should not be a mystery of the number of overstayers at any given time .

Reality is the immigration have no clue of the number.

22 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Hilarious that they put that statement out, when they were on a red notice, but still allowed in.

Show what an absolute joke the Thai immigration system really is , might as well be a pink notice….all welcome!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, itsari said:

From AseanNow dated  Fri & July 2023

Friday, 7 July 2023, 14:16"Within the next three months, the number of overstayers should be reduced to zero, as they are more likely to engage in criminal activities, which can adversely affect Thailand’s tourism industry, Pol. Lt. Gen. Pakphumpipat said." 🤣

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, shackleton said:

Good to read some positive news on catching illegal overstayers here in Thailand 

Need more news like  this 🥳

Plenty more illegal over  stayers to find 

From AseanNow dated  Fri 7 July 2023

Friday, 7 July 2023, 14:16"Within the next three months, the number of overstayers should be reduced to zero, as they are more likely to engage in criminal activities, which can adversely affect Thailand’s tourism industry, Pol. Lt. Gen. Pakphumpipat said." 🤣

1 hour ago, sambum said:

From AseanNow dated  Fri 7 July 2023

He must update his calendar.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, itsari said:

And they have no clue how to spot arrivals who have overstayed before in Thailand or in other countries. 

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

And they have no clue how to spot arrivals who have overstayed before in Thailand or in other countries. 

I never realised that , best they start picking up previous overstay individuals from there own country before worrying about other countries.

I have heard of foreigners caught on overstay in Thailand buying there way out of trouble and remaining in the country.

On 9/14/2024 at 5:52 AM, Andrew65 said:

They should've chosen the UK as their location for their overstay/nefarious activities, first sign of trouble, lodge an 'asylum-claim', job's a good 'un!😊

I'm not sure that would help much. I doubt they'd get asylum for being part of a drug gang on an Interpol red list.  They'd still get kicked out. 

It would make a good story for the Daily Express or Mail, GB News ect.

Edited by kimamey