Do you want President Harris to pardon Trump?

earlinclaifornia

Yes she should or not  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/22/2024 at 06:30 PM

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Has Trump been convicted of any federal charges that the president can pardon him for?

26 minutes ago, impulse said:

The point I was making is that the only thing he's been convicted of is a NY state crime.  The president can't pardon him there. 

The federal charges are running off him like water off a duck Springfield goose, due to SCOTUS decisions and conscientious judges... 

Ask Biden how he feels about Dem Elites...  I'd post links to the insider rumors, but they'd be from unapproved sources.  The MSM won't cover it until after Nov 6.  A curious sort could find them easily enough.

Nice try, no cigar. That wasn't the point you were making as you admitted earlier.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, simple1 said:

IMO "Freedom of Speech" in the US context is poisonous and thoroughly abused. I bet the Founders never thought the likes of trump would be accepted as a President of the USA. IMO the Constitution should be completely revamped to reflect modern times, but the political environment is so corrupted it will not happen.. For sure the Constitution is not reflected in the behaviour of the current Republican Party, except a very few, they have totally failed to abide by their Oath of Office and not worthy of the title Congressmen / Senator.

And yet the 'founder' and contributors to the Constitution were all out spoken and basically criminals for speaking their mind.   Go figure.

You apparently haven't a clue what 'Freedom of Speech' means to free thinking people.

Maybe this will help you understand.  Read it very slow, and let it sink in ... 

... “I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to your death my right to say it" ... Patrick Henry, one of those outspoken criminals from the Revolution.  Probably pinch most of it from Voltaire, as credited with partial part of quote.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:
2 hours ago, impulse said:

Has Trump been convicted of any federal charges that the president can pardon him for?

29 minutes ago, impulse said:

The point I was making is that the only thing he's been convicted of is a NY state crime.  The president can't pardon him there. 

Nice try, no cigar. That wasn't the point you were making as you admitted earlier.

Literally, I don't know how I could have been more consistent with those 2 statements.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

If you want to fix the border, pass the Republican border bill, or shut up.

Late abortion is called murder and they made it up.

Reagan sold us out to China and there is no going back from stupid. Tariffs will not help as there is no domestic competition anymore.

I was wondering if they made that up too, but looks like indeed it's rare, but does exist, in Minnesota there are no restrictions. Here a Minnesota newspaper fact checking this:

https://www.mprnews.org/episode/2024/09/11/minnesota-mentions-trump-harris-presidential-debate

As for China, I don't think we can blame Reagan for the progress of economic development, but it does  indeed look to me like the US could not compete say with Chinese EVs.

17 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

In general, yes, but you are not entitled to "alternative facts". Trumps entire political life is based on lies and convincing the public that the lies are facts. The founders never considered anyone as dishonorable and dishonest as Trump.

Thank Buddha nobody else has ever lied in politics or from their gov't positions.   Good thing Trump is the only one :cheesy:

WMD

I did not have sexual relations with that women

I'm not a crook

safe & effective

If you like you doctor you can keep you doctor

read my lips, I will not raise taxes

etc

etc

etc

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Late term procedures are used to remove dead babies, not abort viable pregnancies. Just because it is not restricted does not mean it is done or available. There are other rails.

We can blame Reagan for the big tax giveaway that financed the departure of American manufacturing. The only way to fix it is to latch on to new technologies and develop them. The old industries are gone.

COVID demonstrated reliance on supply chains from potentially hostile areas is a bad idea. Most countries are looking to bring their manufacturing back in-house. Russia is an object lesson in what happens when the aviation industry no longer supplies parts and maintenance.

i can remember my first visit to America over 40 years ago. I bought a pair of Florsheim shoes ( tan ) in San Francisco. The salesman said they would last me a lifetime, and they have.

About 15 years later, I bought a pair of black Florsheim shoes in New Orleans. They wore out in about 8 years, and were much poorer quality.

America lost its way on many world-class products.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Late term procedures are used to remove dead babies, not abort viable pregnancies. Just because it is not restricted does not mean it is done or available. There are other rails.

We can blame Reagan for the big tax giveaway that financed the departure of American manufacturing. The only way to fix it is to latch on to new technologies and develop them. The old industries are gone.

It is rare, admittedly, but I was a bit shocked there are no restrictions on abortion in Minnesota.

In the 80s true globalisation was just starting out, it was the flow of history, lower regulations, go global and focus on service not manufacturing. But China's ascent to economic primacy, this was not Reagan's doing clearly. But there is a fair point to be made that America is not producing:

1. vehicles  people want to buy

2.  most of the steel used in the world

But America is still the 2nd largest manufacturing nation in the world. It just lost the lead to China.

Mostly because top American talent goes to finance and law firms, whereas in China it goes to manufacturing.

Edited by Cameroni

13 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

In the 80s true globalisation was just starting out, it was the flow of history, lower regulations, go global and focus on service not manufacturing. But China's ascent to economic primacy, this was not Reagan's doing clearly. But there is a fair point to be made that America is not producing:

1. vehicles  people want to buy

2.  most of the steel used in the world

When I visited American steel companies in 1983, there was US Steel, Bethlehem Steel, Inland Steel, and LTV Steel.

Back then, US steel employed 1800 researchers in Monroeville, PA

Now, there is only US Steel left, and it is in merger talks with Nippon Steel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Why would Trump need a pardon, or even a commutation of sentence (jail) since not sentences for anything yet, and doubtful jail time will be in any sentence.  If so, on indefinite appeal till it gets to the SCOTUS.

Just another bash Trump thread ...  :coffee1:

If there was only a safe & effective vaccine for that syndrome :cheesy:

check the comment below this one of yours i am replying to. you can't make this shhhh up. syndrome supreme. 

23 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

When I visited American steel companies in 1983, there was US Steel, Bethlehem Steel, Inland Steel, and LTV Steel.

Back then, US steel employed 1800 researchers in Monroeville, PA

Now, there is only US Steel left, and it is in merger talks with Nippon Steel.

Indeed, to me the real shocker is how India has surpassed the US in terms of steel, US is in third place now.

But America is still the 2nd largest manufacturing nation in the world with tremendous resources. It's not all doom and gloom for America, even if other nations have surpassed it.

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Indeed, to me the real shocker is how India has surpassed the US in terms of steel, US is in third place now.

But America is still the 2nd largest manufacturing nation in the world with tremendous resources. It's not all doom and gloom for America, even if other nations have surpassed it.

Getting my 58 years of fulfilling the American dream, living there.

I am truely thankful to call myself American

2 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Getting my 58 years of fulfilling the American dream, living there.

I am truely thankful to call myself American

Who wouldn't be, nice people, nice food, nice holiday options, powerful passport, just a shame about the worldwide taxation.

4 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

It is an interesting question - but IMO maybe an even more interesting question is :-

Should Joe Biden pardon Hunter Biden when he leaves Office?

Is that why Hunter pleaded guilty?

Did Joe say  - 'Dont worry Son - plead guilty and get this trial over with - and I will pardon you soon'.

It is a guilty plea to a Federal crime.

Add to your point. Family is everything to most.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

It is an interesting question - but IMO maybe an even more interesting question is :-

Should Joe Biden pardon Hunter Biden when he leaves Office?

Is that why Hunter pleaded guilty?

Did Joe say  - 'Dont worry Son - plead guilty and get this trial over with - and I will pardon you soon'.

You can start a poll on that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

And yet the 'founder' and contributors to the Constitution were all out spoken and basically criminals for speaking their mind.   Go figure.

You apparently haven't a clue what 'Freedom of Speech' means to free thinking people.

Maybe this will help you understand.  Read it very slow, and let it sink in ... 

... “I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to your death my right to say it" ... Patrick Henry, one of those outspoken criminals from the Revolution.  Probably pinch most of it from Voltaire, as credited with partial part of quote.

Fully understand the meaning of Free Speech. What you obviously don't wish to acknowledge is trump and co abusing the right of Free Speech to generate hate and division. Excellent examples are trump's advisor Stephen Miller, Orban  and influencer Laura Loom whom he appears to quote verbatim. Some Western countries are beginning to put some legislation in place in an endeavour to address the in plain sight abuse of 'rights' by some politicians and agitators - one knows extremists strenuously object and why.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Fully understand the meaning of Free Speech. What you obviously don't wish to acknowledge is trump and co abusing the right of Free Speech to generate hate and division. An excellent example is trump's advisor Stephen Miller and influencer Laura Loomer. Some Western countries and beginning to put some legislation in place in an endeavour to address the in plain sight abuse - we know the Right of Centre strenuously object and why.

People do have to think for themselves.

Also have to interpret the meaning of what's said,   Example, 'stand against the election results" ... doesn't mean illegal entry into Congress and try to stop it.

Also decide whether to take any advise from anyone, politician, doc, agency.   Example, 'safe & effective', and best to be informed, so not to be one to listen to them and die following their advice.

I listen to, and research everything, politicians, to judge how the country might go, for investing.   Business folks, for same, inverting.  Doc & med officials, for good health, but also, for all 3 examples, due diligence, and do my own research.

One thing I've learned  ... TRUST NOBODY or ANY GOVT or AGENCY.

Uncommon common sense learned if you were born in the 50s and grew up in the 60s & 70s.   Fool me once ... fool me twice is on me.