Fare difference fee

georgegeorgia

45 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your right!

I got the return dates wrong .

That was a lesson as I'm getting very very old to concentrate more on the subtleties and the pedantics of life .

How can one possibly make a flight booking and only realised a week later that the dates on return were incorrect ,perhaps and as I must say dear boy the pedantics of the older brain is not perhaps... concentrating,,?

Let me add to this. In a rush. I once spelt my name wrong on the booking and didn't realise until much later. It cost £150 to change. Lesson learnt.

I believe you are an elderly gentleman so I will give you the benefit of the doubt but as you probably know, it's REALLY important to check your details before booking as airlines will sting you with any changes particuarly if you have booked the lowest "saver" fare.

One other thought, what is the cost if you cancelled the booking ? Are there cheaper fares that outweigh the $588 difference?  For example, if it's $250 to cancel you may find a much cheaper flight on websites like Skyscanner

Edited by Chelseafan

21 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Let me add to this. In a rush. I once spelt my name wrong on the booking and didn't realise until much later. It cost £150 to change. Lesson learnt.

I believe you are an elderly gentleman so I will give you the benefit of the doubt but as you probably know, it's REALLY important to check your details before booking as airlines will sting you with any changes particuarly if you have booked the lowest "saver" fare.

One other thought, what is the cost if you cancelled the booking ? Are there cheaper fares that outweigh the $588 difference?  For example, if it's $250 to cancel you may find a much cheaper flight on websites like Skyscanner

Your right ,I didn't think to ask them how much to cancel and then rebook 

I want my $588 back ,I only changed it by one week 

They write back saying they charged me $0 change fee but a fare difference,a fare difference,a week later ,please don't lie to me I wrote back , I will lodge a complaint with President Marcos .

They sent me emails NOT to send duplicate emails ! 

How rude from Philippines Airlines 

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I don't know what this Wamos air is

Apparently a partner airline for Philippines airline 

Although I believe just like Qantas who use FIN AIR they still wear the Philippines Airlines uniform 

Wamos and Virgin fly the Sydney>Manilla leg.

Wamos is cheaper than Virgin.

For example..... 

image.png.78608ccd99c757b4c294ca957463ad13.png

image.png.d5fca50fa1f71a8f805f8e1496ddbfd3.png

13 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

before I start sending hundreds of emails to the CEO

Why don't forget about sending those emails and work it off, OVERTIME. 

Sending hundreds of emails will be time consuming, I'd say dozen hours. 

Work those hours, I reckon O/T as a hospital Cleaner pays around forty bucks plus penalty rates and superannuation. You'll have that 500 bucks paid off in no time. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

13 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Why don't forget about sending those emails and work it off, OVERTIME. 

Sending hundreds of emails will be time consuming, I'd say dozen hours. 

Work those hours, I reckon O/T as a hospital Cleaner pays around forty bucks plus penalty rates and superannuation. You'll have that 500 bucks paid off in no time. 

Would take less than 5 mins for him to check the flight prices for the revised dates and see if there is a $500 difference, which there likely is.

If there is not.... an email asking why the extra $500 flight charge would be a resonable course of action.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Would take less than 5 mins for him to check the flight prices for the revised dates and see if there is a $500 difference, which there likely is.

If there is not.... an email asking why the extra $500 flight charge would be a resonable course of action.

Thanks Ralfy 

I will do that actually today,I didn't know how to put it into words to them 

2 hours ago, treetops said:

Here's an example of the return leg of a SYD-MNL fare on PAL with dates chosen at random.  Different days showing prices with over 700 AUD difference so the charges mentioned in the OP are entirely believeable.

Capture.JPG.9761fb519a9dafa6efdf2d2aeeb8bd23.JPG

@georgegeorgia  That is almost certainly the explanation.  The company I worked for had a policy that all R/T tickets to international destinations had to be booked in business class at full fare because that made it easiest to change departure/return dates if needed.  Passengers with full-fare tickets also got priority in terms of booking. 

I changed full-fare business class tickets many times because an assignment abroad started/ended earlier or later than originally planned.  The new day of the week for a flight could make a big  fare difference.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

They write back saying they charged me $0 change fee but a fare difference,a fare difference,a week later ,please don't lie to me I wrote back , I will lodge a complaint with President Marcos .

At least 5 people on the thread have patiently explained to you why but  yet again you refuse to listen