Poll: Do you want Ukraine to WIN in the Russia-Ukraine war (it's a binary choice)

Jingthing

Russia-Ukraine war poll  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, novacova said:

You mean by winning the war thousands more will need to die. How about stop funding the war and save lives…seek peace not war, or did you forget that somewhere along the way?

That's the thinking of being Putin's friend....I was called 2 weeks ago.

Indeed, you're right. War is the most bad way to make peace. Negotiations have to start, which are delayed by sending more weapons.

Too many men, women and children died in this proxy war.

• Haha 1

You mean by winning the war thousands more will need to die. How about stop funding the war and save lives…seek peace not war, or did you forget that somewhere along the way?

Indeed, you're right. War is the most bad way to make peace. Negotiations have to start, which are delayed by sending more weapons.

• Haha 1

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The thoroughly unlikeable JD Vance recently gave away Trump's so called peace plan.

It's a total surrender!

Allow Russia to keep all occupied lands.

Have Ukraine withdraw from Russian land.

Have a so called demilitarized zone.

Have Ukraine pledge to not seek NATO or EU membership.

If anyone sees that as a fair peace compromise, you're totally deluded.

Putin could paint that as a massive victory and he'd be right.

Vance, prefer him over Walz.

"A total surrender." A total surrender for who? Ukraine or the West? I don't care if Ukraine totally surrenders. Better then nuclear war.

With regard to your last two sentences: "fair peace compromise": peace is a win for everyone.

"totally deluded": look in the mirror.

And your last sentence: "Putin could paint that as a massive victory and he'd be right." Well gee wouldn't that be terrible to think Putin would have a victory. You sound like Victoria Newland and her ilk. Actually your whole post is disgusting.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The title says it all. 

Either you want Ukraine to win, or you want Russia to win.

Yet the disgraced former US president Trump refused to say yes.

I appreciate his honesty.

For anyone that didn't know where he stands before, they should by now.

Define what you mean by 'WIN'.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Putin has already tried to take Kiev. A 50 mile column ran out of fuel. Then it ran out of food. Soldiers in the column walked back to Russia.

Fighting with kid gloves? Bombarding civilian infrastructure, hospitals, schools and apartments? What are you smoking?

Putin has one shot left - nukes. He knows if he uses them, he is signing his own death warrant.

Sure, Putin can call up more conscripts. His problem is they would have to come from the Moscow - St. Petersburg axis, where his propaganda machine has been cranking out nothing but good news. He's run out of prisoners and ethnic minorities.

You obviously don't realize the depth of hatred Ukrainians have for Russians. If Putin thinks he can get back to normal relations after what he has done, he's dreaming, and so are you.

That's one opinion.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Russia can stop it today. But PUTIN don't want do it!!! Point!!!
That NO ONE CAN TRUST PUTIN him showed already!!! So how you can talk about peace with a <deleted> who isn't trustful? Him broke enough contracts & given words!!!

Here you still can read the Russian statement which RIA.ru published on 26.02.2022 where they thought they WON already!!!
https://web.archive.org/web/20220226051154/https://ria.ru/20220226/rossiya-1775162336.html

You must use a translation tool.

you mean untrustworthy like backing out of the minsk agreement and nato expanding east to 16 countries since agreeing not to in the 90's... Pesky Putin always double crossing!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Seppius said:

In a nutshell

Russia is now getting attacked daily, a chunk of its territory invaded, oil refineries destroyed, Black Sea fleet gone, conservative numbers of 1/2 million dead troops, shunned by most of the civilized world, wealth fund severely depleted, interest rates 19%, overseas funds frozen, millionaires yachts impounded.

Yeah, Putin! and Russia has lost already

He should be begging for peace terms

You forgot the Ukraine losses of human life's, territory, and all those who is on the run from their homes and also left the country. 

There will be no victory in this war for any parts. 

Crimea and donbass most likely lost to russia. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

The Trump peace plan is to capitulate to all of Putin's territorial claims no matter how ridiculous or illegal. This is how Trump can falsely claim the war would have never have happened, or how he will end it "in 24 hours".

Then when Trump wins he has made it very clear he will sabotage NATO  or even withdraw from the treaty  completely.

Then Putin will be back for more. Starting with Poland and Baltic states. 

It would be incorrect to say this means  Trump is as gullible as Neville Chamberlin, as this is their plan.

"Peace for our time".

Policy and players in a second Trump administration

"Things would almost certainly play out differently in a second term in which Trump’s instinctive skepticism about NATO, affinity for Putin, and disdain for Ukraine would take charge. His campaign website says the United States should “finish the process we began under my Administration of fundamentally reevaluating NATO’s purpose and NATO’s mission.” That is oddly timed when Moscow has launched the bloodiest war in Europe since World War II, and NATO is as important as ever for deterring and containing Russia."

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/could-nato-survive-a-second-trump-administration/

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

I will always choose the West - until the day the West has a war with Thailand - so it's an easy answer, even though I don't think much of Zelenskie, Ukraine is still an ally.

Nothing personal against Russia or Putin though, they just aren't on our side. Same reason I don't support Hamas/Palestine: they are not part of the West; they are our adversary. 

Simply choice,  really.

That said, I'd obviously rather there were no wars, but that's not the world we live in.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

The Trump peace plan is to capitulate to all of Putin's territorial claims no matter how ridiculous or illegal. This is how Trump can falsely claim the war would have never have happened, or how he will end it "in 24 hours".

Then when Trump wins he has made it very clear he will sabotage NATO  or even withdraw from the treaty  completely.

Then Putin will be back for more. Starting with Poland and Baltic states. 

It would be incorrect to say this means  Trump is as gullible as Neville Chamberlin, as this is their plan.

"Peace for our time".

Policy and players in a second Trump administration

"Things would almost certainly play out differently in a second term in which Trump’s instinctive skepticism about NATO, affinity for Putin, and disdain for Ukraine would take charge. His campaign website says the United States should “finish the process we began under my Administration of fundamentally reevaluating NATO’s purpose and NATO’s mission.” That is oddly timed when Moscow has launched the bloodiest war in Europe since World War II, and NATO is as important as ever for deterring and containing Russia."

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/could-nato-survive-a-second-trump-administration/

Nato is a money maker for Usa and other weapon producers in our alliance. A good reason for not terminate Nato, it will also be a suicide for Usa. 

Nato is as much security a trading alliance 

5 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I will always choose the West - until the day the West has a war with Thailand - so it's an easy answer, even though I don't think much of Zelenskie, Ukraine is still an ally.

Nothing personal against Russia or Putin though, they just aren't on our side. Same reason I don't support Hamas/Palestine: they are not part of the West; they are our adversary. 

Simply choice,  really.

That said, I'd obviously rather there were no wars, but that's not the world we live in.

In a bigger perspective, I understand Putins motives. I also understand Hamas motives, as I understand Israel's motives for continuously land grabs, and controlling the Palestinians. 

But still it doesn't make it right. 

2 hours ago, frank83628 said:

you mean untrustworthy like backing out of the minsk agreement and nato expanding east to 16 countries since agreeing not to in the 90's... Pesky Putin always double crossing!

This isn't & never was in the contract which was signed. 

Just because someone told this lie does not prove that an agreement was ever actually made.
Otherwise it would be in the treaty that Russia signed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, impulse said:

Ukraine has already lost the war.  There is no way they can win back the Donbass and Crimea in a land war without drawing in NATO, and that means WW3.

I want the dying to stop and the spending turned from futile fighting and dying, to reconstruction.  The sooner the better.

I don't celebrate Russia's win.  But it's the reality on the ground.

Newsflash, neither the Ukraine nor Russia can win this war...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Unfortunately, because of 'Western' (specifically US & German) palpitations, it looks like it's heading towards compromise or a Korean standstill.

With which noone will be happy. And both sides will be preparing for the second round in 3 or 4 years.

I don't think so. Russia will resolve this before there is any negotiation. They will not let this turn into another Korea!

14 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

So what you're saying is if a bigger/stronger country wants to invade another, the world should just let them?  China can just take Taiwan?  In fact, China could probably take all of SE Asia.  Your rationale makes very little sense. 

What I am saying is, The US is using Ukraine to fight Russia, The US instigated this whole fiasco, because they want to split Russia into many pieces so they can take over Russia and take it's natural resources for itself. The late McCain saying Russia is a gas station masquerading as a country!  Rationale is realising what you were told is all lies. It is the realisation of reality. The reality is Ukraine lost this war before it even started.  In the not too distant future we will see who is right. Ukraine will either try save what it has left of a country via negotiation or Russia will take all of Ukraine. 

to quote "So what you're saying is if a bigger/stronger country wants to invade another, the world should just let them" Isn't that what the US has been doing with all these failed wars it started. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan etc etc. It can't even make peace with a small island 90 miles off it's Florida coast. The USA is the problem.

Edited by CharlieKo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

So what you're saying is if a bigger/stronger country wants to invade another, the world should just let them?  China can just take Taiwan?  In fact, China could probably take all of SE Asia.  Your rationale makes very little sense. 

That's exactly what radical isolationist America Firster (literally their name) pro Hitler fascists such as Henry Ford and Lindbergh said leading to WW2. Interesting that today we have similar rich and famous  people taking similar positions (Musk and Theil). When Trump first started branding as America First, American Jewish organizations asked him to not do that because of the specifically American fascist history behind that seeming to many innocent phrase. Of course he ignored them. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1