The annoyance of the ++ prices

Dirk Z

20 hours ago, Irish star said:

Keep shopping at 7/11 and leave us alone , btw I overtip just to annoy the Poms and Skippys , I worked as a bartender it’s a karma thing 300 b a day I will Tip , surely 

It doesn't annoy me at all, you are tipping.

If you want to be a fool under the pretense you are a generous soul, up to you, as they say.

You then mention 300 baht a day, I don't employ them or set the salaries, what I do know is their beers are overpriced in most places.

A lot of them aren't worth much more anyway, glued to their phones, surly, making it look like a massive effort just to serve you etc.

As a successful Thai lady from Khorat once told me, ' The problem with a lot of Thais, they don't understand the work ethic '

On 9/20/2024 at 4:37 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

If service is included, you don't need to leave a tip.  If service is bad, refuse to pay the charge and see how you get on!

VAT is just part of life!

If only life was so simple.  I know of many places where the business collects the service charge but does not pass it on to those who provided the service.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, greeneking said:

If only life was so simple.  I know of many places where the business collects the service charge but does not pass it on to those who provided the service.

In many establishments, there's a tip box on the counter somewhere. It's highly visible (try running off with it!) and maybe the best place to anonymously or otherwise drop your 20 THB note. If I tip a masseuse I'll always give it to her personally, er, I mean the tip. And so on.

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2024 at 4:37 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

If service is included, you don't need to leave a tip.  If service is bad, refuse to pay the charge and see how you get on!

VAT is just part of life!

The Service Charge doesn't necessarily go to the staff.

On 9/20/2024 at 5:52 PM, Dirk Z said:

Or can anyone enlighten me?

Just avoid those places as I do, e.g. if it's not all in the bill and I see a 10% surcharge and 7% on the menu, I get up and leave if I have already seated myself.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just avoid those places as I do, e.g. if it's not all in the bill and I see a 10% surcharge and 7% on the menu, I get up and leave if I have already seated myself.

Good luck getting something to eat in Sukhumvit area then!

21 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Why not just do what I do:

Eat at the uni cafeteria.

Most dishes are Bt.25 per dish.

No tax.

No hidden costs.

And, very good food.

Plus...

You can look at the girls, or they might look at you.

Also, a very relaxed atmosphere with super friendly people all about you.

There is no better dining bargain than this, ... IMHO....

Give it a try.

Not sure about the girls at Chula, though....

... 'cause some people are not named  "Charlie"

... 'cause some people are fortunate enough to be able to upgrade and enjoy an elevated experience

... 'causes ome people are more benevolent and have no issue with tipping wait staff ,, even if there is an added surcharge,  this goes        directly to the staff  ..  at restaurants.  when we pay our tab,,  we hand a tip directly to the wait staff that  serviced us. 

we do not leave it on the table ....

it's pretty easy and obvious to see working staff that are less fortunate than others ..  ever stay at a hotel and notice the security           guard walking the hallways ?  Try picking up a small take away meal and give it to that person, make someones day a little better.

When we fill up the car,  1,000 Baht, I always hand 40Baht to the attendant that did the actual pump. 

Even when I go to the local coffee shop to buy my fresh beans ..  I always leave the change in the tip jar for the girls at the                 .     counter.  Small gesture that do have an impact on someones life.    

I grew up on "the other side of the tracks" ...   I know what it's like    Don't forget where you came from....

On 9/20/2024 at 5:04 PM, KannikaP said:

No need for insults. Say it was advertised at Bht 9999, but they asked for 11600, what would you do?

Wouldn't that be 

9,999 + 10% service charge - 10,998.

10,998 + 7% vat  - 11,768.

23 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Why not just do what I do:

Eat at the uni cafeteria.

Firstly you really have no reason or right to be eating at a university cafeteria, given that you are not studying at that uni.

Secondly you mention about looking at the uni girls, at your age that is called being a lecherous perverted old man, and according to you, you should not be doing it.

"

I just want to tell you guys that....

CELIBACY is really....

The ONLY Way to Go....if you are seeking uncluttered happiness.

a.  I never need worry about wearing a Green Hat, which means being cuckolded.

b. I never need worry about not being able to GET IT UP, which, obviously, is a non-issue for me, being COMPLETELY single.

c.  I am enjoying many other advantages of being celibate.  And, there are just too many to share here with you...at the moment.....

So, why not come over to MY side?

Get with the program which will add years to your lives.....!

Get celibate and flourish!"