iPhone 16 Launch Draws Large Crowds in Thailand

11 hours ago, RSD1 said:

I think being impressed by what model phone you're using is a thing of the past. They all look so similar now, and all have such high specs, that nobody really cares anymore. I can't even remember the last time somebody asked me which phone I'm using.

And as for Lock Screen and Home Screen.........who sees them except the User.

Both plain black for me, makes the icons easier to see.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

1726817976_844434-tnamcot.png

BANGKOK, Sept 20 (TNA) – Apple’s iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro officially went on sale in Thailand on Friday, with eager customers lining up at stores across the country to be among the first to get their hands on the new devices.

At the Apple Store in IconSiam, a Vietnamese customer was the first in line, having arrived in the early morning hours. The Central World branch saw particularly high enthusiasm. The honor of receiving the first iPhone 16 in Thailand went to a Myanmar national working in the country, who had pre-ordered the device and chose to pick it up at the Central World branch at 8 a.m.

Long queues formed at various retail locations, including AIS and True-Dtac stores, as well as authorized resellers like iStudio.

The iPhone 16 series, touted as Apple's first smartphone designed specifically for artificial intelligence or “Apple Intelligence,” allows users to generate text and images with ease using AI-powered suggestions.

However, Apple supply chain analyst Ming-Chi Kuo estimates that pre-orders during the first weekend reached about 37 million units, down 12.7% compared to the iPhone 15 launch.

The decline is primarily attributed to lower demand for the Pro models, as Apple Intelligence is currently only available in English, affecting demand in markets like China where competitors offer AI services in the local language.

Pre-orders for the iPhone 16 began on Friday, September 13, in over 58 countries, including Thailand. The launch day turnout in Thailand demonstrates continued strong interest in Apple's latest offering.

Photo: TNA

Source: Thai News Agency

-- 2024-09-20

news-footer-4.png

image.png

So much for all that outrage about the Apple Ad LOL

How soon they forget the morals that they profess?

They want to get prepared for the digital wallet! Perhaps they could use the 10k Baht to pay that pos off. Lol.

Btw, most of them use the devices just to take selfies and show off.

If they'd really use all the capabilities of a smartphone nowadays, they wouldn't change it so often. To change your phone, set up your personal system preferences, reinstall, and set up all your apps, the credentials, and two-factor authentications for accounts, wallets, or anything can be a time-consuming nightmare.

Even with a backup.

I avoid it as long as possible.

The scam, to force you to get a new device by rejecting the use of some apps due to not installable OS or app updates anymore, is appearing more frequently.

Edited by Maitdjai

11 hours ago, RSD1 said:

Did they happen to have something called humor in your country?

I have no idea as I haven't really lived there since 1992. I believe that having a sense of humour in the UK is banned now and has replaced by wokeism.

Political jokes however are permitted, which is one reason why the Tories lost and Labour won.

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have no idea as I haven't really lived there since 1992. I believe that having a sense of humour in the UK is banned now and has replaced by wokeism.

Political jokes however are permitted, which is one reason why the Tories lost and Labour won.

And youre still a liberal. Go figure

12 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I was not impressed by the 16. When I viewed it, it was practically the same size as the older model I have. For me, it was not worth getting.

If it is just the look that counts for you, then you don’t need a smartphone. For most people it is what’s inside that counts.