Farage Declares "Bigots Not Welcome" as Reform UK Aims for Professionalism

Social Media

7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Indeed. However, it's still not evidence. Some will believe it, some will believe Farage.

There is no evidence to back either. Hence, the dispute of what was said or not said.

Well of course, some folk will believe a reputable source, others will chose to believe Farage.

• Haha 1

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

You're half way there.

You made numerous different points in your post and I just wanted to reply to one of your points , I and not obliged or required to reply to every point you made .

Now, can you reply to the point that I made ?

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You made numerous different points in your post and I just wanted to reply to one of your points , I and not obliged or required to reply to every point you made .

Now, can you reply to the point that I made ?

The context. That's what I'm referring to. I made no reference to myself. Hence, your questions are not relevant to my comments.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

The context. That's what I'm referring to. I made no reference to myself. Hence, your questions are not relevant to my comments.

OK, it is getting rather confusing, I thought that you meant that the Israeli response in Gaza to the Islamic terror attack was a bad thing , but never mind, move on. 

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

OK, it is getting rather confusing, I thought that you meant that the Israeli response in Gaza to the Islamic terror attack was a bad thing , but never mind, move on. 

Then, you clearly read wrong. 

At no point did I give my opinion. At no point did I mention the Israel. Your selective reading appears to have led you up the garden path. That's why you are confused.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

all Jews believe the bombings in Gaza are a good thing?

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Then, you clearly read wrong. 

At no point did I give my opinion. At no point did I mention the Israel. Your selective reading appears to have led you up the garden path. That's why you are confused.

Yes, I was mistaken, in your initial post I though that you were referring to Israel's bombing of Gaza , but as you didn't mention Israel then you must have been referring to someone else bombing Gaza .

What were the bombings in Gaza that you were referring to ?

Was it the Hamas misfiring rockets that you meant ?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“Now he [Farage] has said he was told not to hold the face-to-face meetings with voters, traditionally held on the last day of the week, for safety reasons.

But parliament’s security services have disputed the suggestion he was given that advice, which would interfere with his democratic duties as an MP.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-reform-mp-surgeries-b2615759.html

There were two claims:

1. I've seen no evidence that Trump has shunned Farage.

2. I've seen no evidence that Farage was not given advice to not hold surgeries.

If you have evidence from the HoC re (2)  then please post same. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, I was mistaken, in your initial post I though that you were referring to Israel's bombing of Gaza , but as you didn't mention Israel then you must have been referring to someone else bombing Gaza .

What were the bombings in Gaza that you were referring to ?

Was it the Hamas misfiring rockets that you meant ?

I was referring to the bombings in Gaza. As I wrote. It is my understanding the conflict involves two factions. They both appear to be using bombs.

So, as I said, can it be said that all Jews believe the bombings are a good thing? Obviously not.

I have Jewish friends. Mostly they are sick and tired of the constant conflicts and want them stopped, any which way. I also have Jewish friends who aren't interested and just go about their daily lives.

Edited by youreavinalaff

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I have Jewish friends. Mostly they are sick and tired of the constant conflicts and want them stopped, any which way. I also have Jewish friends who aren't interested and just go about their daily lives.

Everyone is sick and tired of the constant fighting wars and conflict , everyone that is apart from Hamas and Hezbollah and the other terrorists groups that want destroy Israel  , they are the ones who prolong the conflict 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Social Media said:

image.png

Nigel Farage has made it clear that "bigots" and "extremists" have no place in Reform UK, signaling a move to "professionalise" the party following its recent electoral success. Speaking at the party's annual conference in Birmingham, Farage reflected on the party's journey since its rebranding, celebrating its first MPs elected in July but admitting that past mistakes had hindered its progress.

The main man @Nigel_Farage

I’ve been to a few Conservative conferences but none as exhilarating and empowering as this Reform one!

I have no regrets - Britain needs Reform 🇬🇧 #ReformUK24 pic.twitter.com/NKJLHDR0Sd

— Melissa (@Melissa5857) September 20, 2024

Farage acknowledged that the party had failed to properly vet candidates in the past, leading to controversies over offensive comments made by some. He conceded, "Amateurism let us down," and emphasized the need for a more rigorous approach moving forward. To address this, he announced a series of reforms aimed at making the party more professional, including stringent vetting processes for all future candidates. 

Farage highlighted the party's potential to represent the "silent majority" of British voters, many of whom feel overlooked by mainstream political parties. He stated that with better preparation, Reform UK could have won even more seats in the July election. The party is now focused on building its national presence, with a particular emphasis on winning local council seats in next May’s elections. Farage noted that the party would be looking to emulate the Liberal Democrats in this respect, setting a target to win "hundreds" of council seats.

Reform UK, originally launched as the Brexit Party, rebranded in 2021 following the UK’s exit from the European Union. It now aims to establish itself as a permanent fixture on the political right, advocating for stricter immigration controls, tougher policies on crime, and lower taxes. As part of its evolution, Farage announced ahead of the conference that he would be relinquishing ownership of the party, which had been set up as a private limited company to expedite its creation before the European Parliament elections in 2019.

During his speech, Farage emphasized that the party must remain vigilant against being infiltrated by "extremist groups," a challenge that new political movements often face. "We don’t want extremists, we don’t want bigots, we don’t want people who think that way, because we represent the silent, decent majority of this great country," he told the crowd.

Farage’s address was delivered to a lively audience of 4,000 activists, the largest attendance the party has seen to date. To the sound of Eminem's hit song *Without Me*, Farage entered the auditorium at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, waving to supporters as he made his way around the room. The party’s four other MPs, including Lee Anderson, who was perched atop an open-top double-decker bus in the conference hall, watched on as Farage took the stage.

Elected as an MP in July on his eighth attempt, Farage spoke about his mission to "professionalise and democratise" the party, which he believes has already gained a crucial foothold in Parliament. He assured activists that Reform UK would not tolerate any form of extremism within its ranks. "We haven't got time, we haven't got room for a few extremists to wreck the work of a party that now has 80,000 members and rising," Farage declared, underscoring his commitment to steering the party towards long-term success.

As Reform UK looks to expand its influence in British politics, Farage's vision for a more disciplined and inclusive party could be the key to securing its future as a major force on the political right.

Credit: BBC 2024-09-23

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

He is lying, if he threw out all the bigots then he has no one left.  It will never happen, this is the party where all the ex-Tories on the Hang'em, Flog'em side of the party went if they left the Tory Party.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Everyone is sick and tired of the constant fighting wars and conflict , everyone that is apart from Hamas and Hezbollah and the other terrorists groups that want destroy Israel  , they are the ones who prolong the conflict 

Aiming blame? It takes two to tango.

Your comment, and others blaming Isreal, is the reason this conflict is still ongoing. 

The minute someone stands up and tells them they are both wrong, that's when the dispute will have half a chance of being settled.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes you are sadly and that's no surprise coming from someone who admits he is a wombat

, we must embrace the cultural enrichment that different religions bring 

Tell that to the dead in the London bombings, the Manchester bombings, 9-11,  and all the rest about cultural bloody enrichment, what a load of crap.

The Muslim religion brings nothing but trouble as soon as they have sufficient numbers in any country.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“Now he [Farage] has said he was told not to hold the face-to-face meetings with voters, traditionally held on the last day of the week, for safety reasons.

But parliament’s security services have disputed the suggestion he was given that advice, which would interfere with his democratic duties as an MP.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-reform-mp-surgeries-b2615759.html

A few years ago there was an M.P from a constituency just down the road who got stabbed to death by an Islamic extremist whilst that M.P was meeting his constituents on a Friday afternoon .

Its understandable that Nigel is concerned about holding meetings with the general public , all it takes would be an illegal immigrant to kill Nigel and the immigrant then avoids deportation 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

A few years ago there was an M.P from a constituency just down the road who got stabbed to death by an Islamic extremist whilst that M.P was meeting his constituents on a Friday afternoon .

Its understandable that Nigel is concerned about holding meetings with the general public , all it takes would be an illegal immigrant to kill Nigel and the immigrant then avoids deportation 

And yet Farage doesn't appear to have any qualms about meeting and greeting the public while campaigning up and down the country.

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

How many Jewish friends have you got ?

13 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

A phobia is an irrational, or illogical fear of something, being in fear of Islam is totally rational, ask the folks who worked for Charlie Hebdo!

What utter nonsense. It's like saying that we should all be fearful of all  mushrooms because a small number are dangerous. The vast majority of mushrooms cause you no bother; the vast majority of Muslims likewise. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

And yet Farage doesn't appear to have any qualms about meeting and greeting the public while campaigning up and down the country.

There is security at those events  , the meeting the public in his office and there is no security , people can just walk in off the street and meet him .

Private meetings and public meetings are two different things