Trump’s Use of Immigration Conspiracies: A Strategic Political Play

Social Media

image.png

As the 2024 election draws closer, Donald Trump has increasingly focused on sensational claims about immigration, diverting attention from economic discussions that might otherwise dominate political discourse. Despite the economy being the top concern among voters, Trump’s campaign has latched onto highly charged narratives about an "invasion" of immigrants and wild conspiracy theories—such as the unfounded claim that Haitian migrants in Springfield, Ohio, are abducting and eating local pets.

While Trump’s team maintains that his commitment to "putting America first" will restore the economy, his immigration rhetoric has become the centerpiece of his message. Immigration is a particularly resonant issue for the Republican base in swing states, where Trump and his running mate, JD Vance, are betting on a strategy of nativist appeals to win over voters. The rhetoric has reached new extremes with false claims about immigrants, particularly Haitian migrants, engaging in criminal acts such as kidnapping and consuming pets. 

Former Trump campaign deputy communications director Matt Wolking told the *Daily Beast* that while Trump still discusses the economy, the polling on that issue is less clear-cut than on immigration, where Trump’s hardline stance resonates more strongly with voters. "Harris’ support for illegal immigration and soft-on-crime record are perhaps her biggest vulnerabilities, and polls show Americans agree more with Trump when it comes to enforcing immigration laws and deporting illegal immigrants," Wolking said.

Indeed, recent polls suggest that more Americans are now in favor of reducing immigration, signaling a shift in public opinion. At a rally in Wilmington, North Carolina, Trump underscored his belief that the election is about more than the economy, declaring, “This election is about the border, that’s what it is. And I am your border president, your border president. Kamala would be your invasion president.”

Trump seemed more energized when discussing crime associated with undocumented immigrants and Democratic support for sanctuary cities than when he addressed the economy. He went so far as to link immigration to job loss, claiming that "illegal aliens" are taking jobs from Hispanic and Black Americans, as well as from union workers. The combination of fear-mongering and economic anxiety appears to be part of Trump’s broader appeal to his voter base.

Meanwhile, polls show Vice President Kamala Harris is making gains on the question of who voters trust more with the economy. An August poll even indicated that Harris had inched ahead of Trump on this issue, the first time in nearly a year that a Democratic candidate led Trump in that area. Although some polls still show Trump maintaining a solid lead on economic matters, others suggest that Harris has significantly narrowed the gap.

Despite this, many Republican strategists believe Trump should remain focused on immigration, which has consistently riled up his supporters. Ken Spain, a veteran GOP communications strategist, noted that Trump has found a powerful talking point with his immigration stance, putting Harris on the defensive. "Should the president finally shift his messaging fire to the economy—the number one issue on the minds of voters—that would be a true man-bites-dog story," Spain commented.

The conspiracy theory about Haitian migrants eating pets in Springfield has disrupted the town, shuttering schools and unsettling residents. Trump has capitalized on this fear, vowing to enact mass deportations if re-elected, casting the situation as a failure of the immigration system under Kamala Harris. Trump spokesman Steven Cheung defended the rhetoric, saying, “President Trump and Senator Vance are highlighting the failed immigration system that Kamala Harris has overseen, bringing thousands of illegal immigrants pouring into communities like Springfield and many others across the country.”

Ultimately, Trump’s focus on immigration conspiracies appears to be a strategic move to mobilize his base, even if it means steering the conversation away from economic issues.

Based on a report from: Daily Beast 2024-09-25

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

Curtailment of illegal immigration is a vote winner if addressed with non inflammatory retoric. 

Unfortunatly Trump's comments regarding immigrants eating pet animials was unnecessary and harmful to his campaign  on immigration. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

Are you Native American?heck are you even American?I live in a border city I have other properties along our border it’s hot air and if trump was so concerned why did he kill the border bill?we all know why he needs something to scare monger about.flush the orange abomination let’s keep adults in the Oval Office get the border bill codified and get to work!

Guessing you dont live in a swing state. Fortunately your vote is meaningless

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Tug said:

?I live in a border city I have other properties along our border

so that means you could also donate some land and property to some migrants coming into america. imagine what you could personally do to change the lives of those who really need it. 

heck tug are you feeling patriotic ? 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Are you Native American?heck are you even American?I live in a border city I have other properties along our border it’s hot air and if trump was so concerned why did he kill the border bill?we all know why he needs something to scare monger about.flush the orange abomination let’s keep adults in the Oval Office get the border bill codified and get to work!

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/04/us/san-diego-migrants-california.html

After you read, put your head back in the sand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/04/us/san-diego-migrants-california.html

After you read, put your head back in the sand.

Tryed pay wall regardless im out in the in town every day for our daily 3 mile hike running errands and active with my neighbors my head is definitely not in the sand.our government was given the tools to deal with the matter and trump killed it no more no less it is what it is.when we put trump behind us we will deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jippytum said:

Curtailment of illegal immigration is a vote winner if addressed with non inflammatory retoric. 

Unfortunatly Trump's comments regarding immigrants eating pet animials was unnecessary and harmful to his campaign  on immigration. 

They are also harmful to society.

Trump scapegoats legal immigrants in Springfield and bomb threats to schools follow.

2 hours ago, mdr224 said:

The point of it was to get peoples attention. Most havent awaken to the reality that the country is being taken over

The point is to deflect attention.

The GOP has been taken over.

On any subject Trump screams about immigrants, a deflection from his black and white policies we already have in Project 2025.

He leaned from a master.

It's not a conspiracy. Plenty of eye witness accounts of this happening.

The conspiracy is that there is nothing to see here.

Bottom line is, the Dems, specifically Harris have messed up securing the border. 

• Haha 1

The point of it was to get peoples attention. Most havent awaken to the reality that the country is being taken over

I am sure you will find that most native Americans awoke to the reality that their country has been taken over by immigrants a long time ago.

That Melania would be first on my list to deport along with her kid followed by Vance’s wife’s family, then I would move on to Jared Kushners family back to Belarus.

1 hour ago, stoner said:

lots. in fact i have lived quite a selfless life. few examples for you.

for many years in thailand i have helped numerous sick people with cannabis treatment. all of which i donated to them at no cost. 

i volunteered with the thai government during the early stages of the medical cannabis program. wasn't paid a penny for all of my time and expenses. 

shoot on this forum alone i have given away thousands and thousands of baht in samples and help to those who have asked.

during covid i would ride around bkk on my scooter handing out money to random strangers who looked like they needed help during that brutal time.

i first taught english in thailand in the deep south at the poorest government schools in the country. 

i helped raise my sisters kids while she struggled with diabetes and an abusive husband.

i gave most of my life to my family for their success and asked for nothing in return.  

in canada i used to volunteer at the hospital taking care of people with dementia....my mom got me in she used to run one of the departments.  

i helped develop and build one of the largest medical dispensaries in toronto. our goal was to provide cannabis to those who were unable to afford it through the other avenues possible. for over a decade we never raised prices no matter rise in our cost. 

shall i go on or ? i got lots more from my younger days. those are a few i am quite proud of though.

And you migrated for a better life.

19 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I am sure you will find that most native Americans awoke to the reality that their country has been taken over by immigrants a long time ago.

That Melania would be first on my list to deport along with her kid followed by Vance’s wife’s family, then I would move on to Jared Kushners family back to Belarus.

but they are all legally living there, where as 20 million are illegal under Kamala, well Biden, but he's been ousted so,  it falls on her.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Tug said:

Tryed pay wall regardless im out in the in town every day for our daily 3 mile hike running errands and active with my neighbors my head is definitely not in the sand.our government was given the tools to deal with the matter and trump killed it no more no less it is what it is.when we put trump behind us we will deal with it.

https://apnews.com/article/san-diego-border-asylum-biden-mexico-da1e7b7c81e4e58912deff6d36dbdb9e

JACUMBA HOT SPRINGS, Calif. (AP) — On many nights, hundreds of migrants squeeze through poles in a border wall or climb over on metal ladders. They gather in a buffer zone between two walls with views of the night lights of Tijuana, Mexico, waiting hours for Border Patrol agents while volunteers deliver hot coffee, instant ramen and bandages for busted knees and swollen ankles.

about 230,000 people crossed illegally into the United States near San Diego and surrendered to officers to claim asylum. In the first seven months of the current fiscal year, agents have already encountered more than 220,000 people. San Diego is on pace this year to surpass any annual total since the late 1990s.

Guessing you dont live in a swing state. Fortunately your vote is meaningless

Given a chance Trump will make voting itself meaningless.

Your choice.

42 minutes ago, Tug said:

When you leave your safe east of 805 neighborhood, you have a different perspective. 

My small farming community has changed with gang shootings a common occurrence. What a mess.

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

When you leave your safe east of 805 neighborhood, you have a different perspective. 

My small farming community has changed with gang shootings a common occurrence. What a mess.

It's happening in Australia too not just the USA 

And that's because love is not there anymore,their mum & dad didn't love them 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, jippytum said:

Trump’s comments are a straight up racist dog whistle 

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

https://apnews.com/article/san-diego-border-asylum-biden-mexico-da1e7b7c81e4e58912deff6d36dbdb9e

JACUMBA HOT SPRINGS, Calif. (AP) — On many nights, hundreds of migrants squeeze through poles in a border wall or climb over on metal ladders. They gather in a buffer zone between two walls with views of the night lights of Tijuana, Mexico, waiting hours for Border Patrol agents while volunteers deliver hot coffee, instant ramen and bandages for busted knees and swollen ankles.

about 230,000 people crossed illegally into the United States near San Diego and surrendered to officers to claim asylum. In the first seven months of the current fiscal year, agents have already encountered more than 220,000 people. San Diego is on pace this year to surpass any annual total since the late 1990s.

Claiming asylum is legal thats the way the law is written we were given the tools to deal with it and trump killed it he needs the issue to scare monger on.he is what he is,he’s certainly not a patriot nor a competent leader.i live south of the 94 worked out of national city for years I’ve known my share of gangbangers over the years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tug said:

Trump’s comments are a straight up racist dog whistle 

Claiming asylum is legal thats the way the law is written we were given the tools to deal with it and trump killed it he needs the issue to scare monger on.he is what he is,he’s certainly not a patriot nor a competent leader.i live south of the 94 worked out of national city for years I’ve known my share of gangbangers over the years.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/08/09/remain-in-mexico-migrant-protection-protocols-judge-injunction/

Stop blaming Trump, you forget it was all Biden's fault.

Under President Donald Trump, his administration used MPP much more aggressively, sending nearly 70,000 people back to Mexico after negotiating the program with Mexican authorities and implementing it in late 2018. Trump officials said the returns were necessary to prevent migrants from using the U.S. asylum system to avoid detention and deportation.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled June 30 that the Biden administration had the authority to terminate the program, opening a path for DHS to finally bring a close to one of the Trump administration’s most contentious border measures.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/08/09/remain-in-mexico-migrant-protection-protocols-judge-injunction/

Stop blaming Trump, you forget it was all Biden's fault.

Under President Donald Trump, his administration used MPP much more aggressively, sending nearly 70,000 people back to Mexico after negotiating the program with Mexican authorities and implementing it in late 2018. Trump officials said the returns were necessary to prevent migrants from using the U.S. asylum system to avoid detention and deportation.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled June 30 that the Biden administration had the authority to terminate the program, opening a path for DHS to finally bring a close to one of the Trump administration’s most contentious border measures.

The BIPARTISAN IMMIGRATION BILL that was designed to deal with the present situation was KILLED AT THE BEHEST OF DONALD JHON TRUMP our system worked the way it should except for trump because it’s not to HIS advantage he is what he is 

Speaking as a Brit I would say that immigration to my country, going back to Roman times, has done more good than harm, albeit somewhat haphazardly organised in the past. However, these days, there is a system  to be followed to obtain legal entry. It must be very frustrating for those who take the time and trouble to follow that system to see the beneficial treatment currently given by the authorities to the illegals who find ways to enter by  evading the system. That is what makes people angry, and that is what makes immigration a contentious issue today in many of our countries.