Thailand Delays Automated Entry System for Foreign Tourists

webfact

2 hours ago, Canadian Snowbird said:

I come to Thailand for 5.5 to 6 months each winter. It took 8 weeks to get an METV last year and 7 weeks the year before. I'm already closing in on 5 weeks this year with no response yet, and getting really frustrated with the system.

I do the same but use two TR60 E-visas (September and January) plus extensions - I pop home for Xmas/New Year to avoid the peak season madness!

I've never waited more than a week for the visa, and the rquirements are becoming simpler every year - e.g. I did not have to submit a copy of my lease on my latest application a month ago.

Edited by London Lowf

1 hour ago, Peabody said:

You are not as devious as some!  🙂

Could one use somebody else's QR and passport to enter under a different name (or would the QR and gates be linked to fingerprint info)? 

There is biometric data in passports. Fingerprint + facial features.

• Thumbs Up 1

I (Brit) got through immigration in under 5 mins back in June, not sure how much faster they think they can make it.  Visa on arrival, no fast track or anything - it was my first time in a couple of years, kind of hoped it was the new normal.

Of course it took 5 hours to get my visa bumped another 30 days, so you can't win them all.

1 minute ago, theritchie2 said:

I (Brit) got through immigration in under 5 mins back in June, not sure how much faster they think they can make it.  Visa on arrival, no fast track or anything - it was my first time in a couple of years, kind of hoped it was the new normal.

Of course it took 5 hours to get my visa bumped another 30 days, so you can't win them all.

Probably visa waiver, but yes if you land it right there can be negligible or even no queues.  Other times they can be down the ramp to the main concourse.

It has nothing to do with their system, it has to do with how will they get the money from every tourist, and anyone coming into Thailand.  [ Expats that retired & those that work here, are all called tourist].

Sadly, eventually those that pay taxes here, when that  materialized, for people bringing money into Thailand, and residing for more than 180 days, same boat. The funny thing of this all, one get's nothing from Thailand, not even a discount on medical cost. 

They would not sell foreigners land, let then keep it and see who buys it, the 1% that owns 90% of the land here, as most lay person here, cannot afford to buy.