Russian fined 5,000 baht after driving dangerously on Koh Samui - video

snoop1130

5 hours ago, arick said:

Yes something doesn't make sense about the story number one who's the person that got hit number two you don't get fined 5,000 for reckless driving.

No one was hit and he didn't get charged for his driving as the police didn't witness the driving, so nothing to do him for.   Just the colour change and non-payment of tax. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My opinion, anyone with a car like that that is arrested or charged should get an automatic look as to how they paid for the car if they own it and where the money comes from

Why?  It is a relatively cheap car secondhand.

• Thumbs Up 1

So much jealousy, it makes me laugh, it is a crap standard car with "go faster stripes" painted on it as we say in the UK when a standard car has tacky equipment like a tail wing attached. 

I saw two top-of-the-range Range Rovers yesterday in Phuket, £130,000 each in the UK, I suppose you double that with the import tax plus whatever the other duties are to pay.

There is a top-of-the-range Mercedes outside a house on the next street from my house in Phuket.

The house is only worth six million baht, the car is worth more I bet.

Good luck to the owners whoever they are.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ryandb said:

Damn there's some jealousy in the thread, it's not even an expensive motor, we aren't talking Lambo prices here, a nice new mid level 4x4 is about the same price are we looking into all them too

Yes, much the same price as a new Corolla.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, arick said:

Yes something doesn't make sense about the story number one who's the person that got hit number two you don't get fined 5,000 for reckless driving.

The fee was for not registering the new yellow color according to the top post. Not for reckless driving.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wozzlegummich said:

370Z a luxury sports car? I think not. 5000 baht tea money - split between how many?

In Thailand it is. Remember, a mini in Thailand is classed as a luxury car. Your not in Kansas now!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Maybe people should start videoing Thai's driving dangerously because that looked quite normal Thai Driving to me.

Lots of such vids appearing all the time. Selective blindness on your part, I guess.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I thought there was something fishy about this headline because I've never seen anyone pulled over for reckless driving, it's just not something that the police or the highway patrol engage in, nor care about. You can be as reckless as you want on these roads and nobody will ever stop you 

So now we find that the reckless driving was simply a warning connected to other violations, it figures. 

I have never heard of, or seen the Police pull anybody over for dangerous driving in Thailand - if they did that they wouldn't have time to do the other essential parts of their jobs - oh, wait a minute ! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

Because he has money or family has money.  Not all Rusians live in poverty. 

As can be seen by the number of "oligarchs" in Russia who have been hit hard by sanctions.

I saw the car passing a truck at a reasonable speed.
I saw the car standing in a street and craving its motor up. That’s it.

The dealer repainted the car, maybe at buyers request and had yet to file at transport office. I repainted a bike, finished paying off the loan and reregistered the bike in my name, and the transport office couldn't just check the VIN and move on. Had to show pictures of before and after. It’s like they can’t grasp that people repaint their vehicles and don’t instantly register at Transport office, but the vehicle is probable by Vehicle Identification numbers on Chassis and Motor. 

So guy drives car he was told he can drive, and Thais were slow passing papers, so he gets fined after woman goes and whines about what? He came too close to her walking in the streets. Daily occurrence.

Well there is nothing unusual with anything in the video different than any daily occurrence. I saw several Thais doing far worse yesterday. 
But not farangs and not in such an obvious expensive appearing vehicle. 

7 hours ago, BritScot said:

In Thailand it is. Remember, a mini in Thailand is classed as a luxury car. Your not in Kansas now!

You obviously have never been to Phuket, and if so it must have been a very long time ago.

Kansas, I hope the cars are imported as American cars are a pile of rubbish.

• Confused 1