Another 800k question

Apologies as I am sure this specific Q has been answered before..

Regarding retirement visa, I read 2-3 years ago the 800K that must be transferred from abroad into a Thai bank account as a singular transaction. But what if I already have well in excess of that in an existing Thai Baht bank account for many years? I hope that above is incorrect.

I recently finished a work permit in Thailand and am planning to apply for a one year retirement visa (first time application) from within Thailand when I return on a visa-exempt/waiver entry.

The money accumulated in my Thai bank account was from a monthly salary from a foreign employer and I can provide a statement of earnings. Will the IO want to see a fresh foreign transfer of 800K THB to approve the application for the first time, or will they accept the bank statements and bank book of my Thai account? 

Thanks for any guidance.

Ronnie.

I was in a similar situation when I arrived in 2018 on a tourist visa and the applied for my non-o while in Thailand.  My money was in an account that was opened in 2014 when I spent 13 months working at our office in Bangkok.  I did not have any problems getting my non-o.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Also for application for non O retirement in Thailand the funds must be shown to have come back from abroad,

While on topic, I am looking at changing from marriage extension to retirement extension, due to immigration being *&^%$#, every year, so my question is, how long after approval can I access the 800k.

I have in excess of that, but as a rule of thumb want to know for myself.

(a) I heard that you can't touch the 800k for 3 months after approval,

and

(b) the balance cannot drop below 400k

and

(c) must be topped back up to 800k at least 3 months before reapplying

and

(d) I also heard that they won't accept 800k being in a fixed interest account, i.e. it has to be in an everyday account ?

Does that sound right ?

If I could put it into a fixed account, that would sort me having to remember not to access it and top it up as I get older.

Thank you in advance.

25 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

(a) I heard that you can't touch the 800k for 3 months after approval,

(b) the balance cannot drop below 400k

(c) must be topped back up to 800k at least 3 months before reapplying

Correct apart for (c).....topped back up at least 2 months prior to applying not 3

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct apart for (c).....topped back up at least 2 months prior to applying not 3

Thanks you, so it's 3 then 2, what about 800k in a fixed account, can do, or cannot do ?