PM Paetongtarn tops the polls whilst Thaksin falls to 7th

snoop1130

50 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Any poll where she beats out Pita is a completely fake and fabricated, stooge sponsored poll. 

Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet on that.

I remember some years ago when Yingluck was PM. Many Thais told me that they are proud to have a beautiful PM.

I don't think anybody mentioned any other qualities... 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

MY "top of the poll" whould be the one on the lish who abolishes all the comming tax to be imposed on foreigners pensions and income, to easen the visa hassles, to stop all the absurd immigraiton reporting and TM's and last but not least, who will grant a simple tourist visa valid 6 months for any tourist with no absurd document requisites or other nosy requests. Other asian countries and India are giving out long stay visas valid up to 1 year online with absolutely no foruther hassles or red tape.

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand Prime Minister Paetongtarn Shinawatra has surged to the top of the charts in a LINE Today poll

Is this Whose LINE Is It Anyway?  The poll where "where everything's made up and the points don't matter."  I'm thinking so!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't bet on that.

I remember some years ago when Yingluck was PM. Many Thais told me that they are proud to have a beautiful PM.

I don't think anybody mentioned any other qualities... 

For all his faults he actually accomplished some things for the nation, including Universal Health Care, which was monumental. I don't see her doing peep, zero, maybe even less than zero. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember some years ago when Yingluck was PM.

She was Thailand's last democratically elected PM by the public electorate (vis a vis House Representatives). Since then PM's have been conjured by non-electorate democratic means. If there was 100% open and free public elections in 2023/2024 Pita would would be PM.

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

charts in a LINE Today poll

How is that done without bias and with real people?

Obviously, the poll shouldn't include foreigners, minors, unregistered voters, Bots, etc.

I would expect LINE would have to allow Personal Data to be shared with the poll analysts (whom?) to assure error-free and bias-free results.

As such, might be a crime under the Personal Data Act have been committed unless consent by LINE subscribers? No mention.

This poll should be investigated.

22 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

She was Thailand's last democratically elected PM by the public electorate (vis a vis House Representatives). Since then PM's have been conjured by non-electorate democratic means. If there was 100% open and free public elections in 2023/2024 Pita would would be PM.

I also would prefer Pita.

But this is not how the election process of the PM works in Thailand.

People vote for parties. And the parliament votes for the PM - this is no direct vote by the people.

This is how it works in many countries, not just in Thailand.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I also would prefer Pita.

But this is not how the election process of the PM works in Thailand.

People vote for parties. And the parliament votes for the PM - this is no direct vote by the people.

This is how it works in many countries, not just in Thailand.

Yes many dun understand this and keep harping on MFP getting the ‘majority’ of votes and yet became the opposition.

factcheck they were offered first dib to form the government and they failed. And 38% is not majority.

• Like 1

People vote for parties.

the public electorate (vis a vis House Representatives

Let me reiterate:

Thais (the "public electorate") vote for parties that promote their choice for PM and those parties occupy the House based on the number of minister seats they can claim. It's a parliamentary system.

There was no "public electorate" election that led to Paetongtarn Shinawatra becoming PM.

1. Can you have a poll of leaders and not include Anutin and why if Thaksin is not supposed to be involved in politics and is not an active member of the PTP is he included.  I also agree Prawit as an active leader should have been involved.  This was a mickey mouse poll probably by a friends of T group