Thailand aims to eradicate poverty in two years

webfact

22 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Ha ha, well optimism is a good thing. It keeps us all motivated ...

So, first question: How do they define 'poverty'? Just to ensure that no worker is paid less than the regulation 350฿ per day (soon to be 380 wow!) would be a mammoth decade-long task, I shouldn't wonder.

Governments - and Prime Ministers! - that make announcements like that are either mind-bogglingly stupid and ignorant, or they assume their audience is. Worthy of Trump.

Can only afford one Mercedes Benz.

23 hours ago, Deserted said:

That's interesting, I wonder where she got that from. I distinctly remember Thaksin also saying he would eradicate poverty when he came to power but the time length was different. I believe he said 6 years not 2.

Well Thaksin couldn’t finish the job then no thanks to the military coups.

• Confused 2

A great idea.  I don't think eradicating poverty completely is possible,  but reducing it significantly may be achievable. Given the vast inequality in Thailand that may necessitate moving some wealth to the poor from the very rich families. That could be a problem. 

1 hour ago, kimamey said:

A great idea.  I don't think eradicating poverty completely is possible,  but reducing it significantly may be achievable. Given the vast inequality in Thailand that may necessitate moving some wealth to the poor from the very rich families. That could be a problem

More like impossible.