7-Eleven Introduces Convenient PromptPay QR Code Payments Nationwide

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Great news. More time spent waiting for some idiot to get their phone out, scroll through their photos before releasing they need their bank app to scan, couple of minutes to remember their login code and another couple of minutes to work out how to scan. Sometimes it takes way too long as it is. Seven 711 workers in the shop with one serving customers. The other 6 are either stacking shelves, getting home deliveries organised or making drinks.

p.s. It will come in handy though; sometimes.

Yeah man, I wonder when these shops will learn the whole idea of the shop is to take customers money.

2 minutes ago, jippytum said:

not good news. The staff at 7/11 are usually super quick doing cash transactions.

Waiting in line for people to connect their phone sometime with a slow connection to the app to pay for small items takes longer and can be irtating. 

Nowadays I carry very little cash and when I know a payment will be needed I get my K Plus app open (very easy) and ready, I do the scan and all completed in 1 second. You see it gain and again in many shops, big and small.

I can't recall ever being slowed down by a slow connection. 

7/11 is part of the CP conglomerate as is true internet. Seems to me that everything is / will be set up to ensure scan payments are super quick. 

Next customer please.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

PromptPay is as fast as paying cash:stoner:

Yes, the trick is, same cash, get it ready before you have to pay, for a meal or coffee i will often scan and pay during eating/drinking, at checkout i login to bank app, finger print etc in advance

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Nowadays I carry very little cash and when I know a payment will be needed I get my K Plus app open (very easy) and ready, I do the scan and all completed in 1 second. You see it gain and again in many shops, big and small.

I can't recall ever being slowed down by a slow connection. 

7/11 is part of the CP conglomerate as is true internet. Seems to me that everything is / will be set up to ensure scan payments are super quick. 

Next customer please.

Good for you. The majority  however do not prepare pre payment and fumble for their 'phones when asked to pay

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, jippytum said:

Good for you. The majority  however do not prepare pre payment and fumble for their 'phones when asked to pay

That's not my experience.

One example, my son's Thai mother in law (78 years old) minimal education, never used a computer uses K Plus scan for everything possible.

She's always ready to do the scan, all done in 1 second. Millions of other Thai folks, all ages / all levels of education etc., do the same.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not talking about supermarkets or ATMs, this is about simply showing your QR code to a 7-11 staffer.  

I don't think that the poster was talking about ATMs either.

I think that he was using ATM as the widely accepted text messaging acronym for 'At the moment'.

3 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I think that he was using ATM as the widely accepted text messaging acronym for 'At the moment'.

When it's a scan at an ATM machine (not used that much) it's my experience most Thai's are ready to do the scan, all done 1 second.

5 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I repeat my comment, scan to pay at 7/11 is nowadays quite common and with the announcement today will be very common and easier. 

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Handy...just in time for those lucky souls who will be receiving 10k into their bank accounts anytime  soon.....serendipitous?

That will not happen until next year, if then.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

When it's a scan at an ATM machine (not used that much) it's my experience most Thai's are ready to do the scan, all done 1 second.

I repeat my comment, scan to pay at 7/11 is nowadays quite common and with the announcement today will be very common and easier. 

Why are you quoting my post?

None of what you are saying has any relevance to my post.

Lost count of the times I’ve been asked to do ATM transactions. Usually by adult relatives of my wife but occasionally by random people looking forlorn near an ATM or actually using one with no success. I am in rural area. I know I can do QR transactions when I want but I just prefer cash.

1 hour ago, zmisha said:

Do you remember the moment when someone in a queue was trying to pay with QR code but there was something wrong with his phone. He was trying again and again, while the queue was growing more and more... If you see a granny or grandpa thinking about to pay with QR code you should just leave the store to save your time.

QR code = Queue Rise code

You could say the same for True Wallet scan which has been around for years. Yes, for some people it takes longer but it is really convenient that you do not have to carry cash or visit ATM in front of 7-11. I think it a progress

4 minutes ago, CLW said:

You could say the same for True Wallet scan which has been around for years. Yes, for some people it takes longer but it is really convenient that you do not have to carry cash or visit ATM in front of 7-11. I think it a progress

Almost impossible as a foreigner to get that wallet

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So much b0llocks and gratuitous Thai-bashing exaggeration.  The only thing that they have to do is open the "My QR" then the cashier scans it.

You've obviously never stood behind anyone using this system at Big C etc.Takes 3 or 4 times longer.Remember all the people are different individuals,some smart,others piiss stone dumb.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Been to a supermarket lately? ATM can take 5 minutes. So no it's not Thai bashing. It's observable evidence. Not everyone has the intellectual digital tools needed in today's digital environment.

BigC and Lotus I just tap my K-Bank debit card on the terminal and it's done