I bought some glue today to repair a plastic PVC chair

Well,  I tried epoxy A+B glue,  it's useless as it doesn't adhere to plastic very well, so essentially comes off under stress in a day or so.

Tried super-glue ... but I just don't think super-glue will cut it because it may be strong,  it doesn't last 6 months,  it'll break again in no time.

So now I bought some imported glue to try,  and I'll attempt a repair tomorrow morning...

all the instructions are included on the glue tube so I'll be fine ...   

and if I have a problem I can call that emergency number at the bottom...  4001558138  ...      they are so helpful,   what could possibly go wrong    !

image.png.1e0e4ff5c17e47772f207172236bf241.png

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Good luck, I've never been glue lucky.  Personally I'd get a new chair, or go to bed.

you are correct,    every time I try to use super-glue I end up with glue drops on the floor, on my fingers,  everywhere but where I want it,  I get scared when I get the super-glue out ....   

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i put protective glasses on

it's just my shaky hands don't put the glue nozzle where I want it to go easily,  and some may end up on my shorts, the floor, my fingers,  and wherever else it can. 

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

it's just my shaky hands don't put the glue nozzle where I want it to go easily,  and some may end up on my shorts, the floor, my fingers,  and wherever else it can. 

Yes, do not masturbate after you use it that would be terrible.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Can you bolt a piece of metal to both ends of whatever is broken?  Like a splint?  That will probably be better, just not great to look at.

not really,   as it's cracked at the curve where it starts to go up at the back rest ...

if it was straight... yes maybe,  but not a curve

• Sad 1

so did anyone see the intrigued / funny part of my OP    ?   

you all can't have missed that ...      your not very good detectives are you 

Edited by steven100

38 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so did anyone see the intrigued / funny part of my OP    ?   

you all can't have missed that ...   

Could have.....

Might have....

Which part are you referring to?

Glue will never work but, depending what kind of chair it is, you should be able to get it re-upholstered in part or completely for peanuts. If it's simply a plastic moulding then bin it.

Edited by London Lowf
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

I assumed that you understood Chinese!

you are the winner ...   yes, it was all in Chinese ....   I like fried rice but that's all I know about china.  

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Well,  I tried epoxy A+B glue,  it's useless as it doesn't adhere to plastic very well, so essentially comes off under stress in a day or so.

Tried super-glue ... but I just don't think super-glue will cut it because it may be strong,  it doesn't last 6 months,  it'll break again in no time.

So now I bought some imported glue to try,  and I'll attempt a repair tomorrow morning...

all the instructions are included on the glue tube so I'll be fine ...   

and if I have a problem I can call that emergency number at the bottom...  4001558138  ...      they are so helpful,   what could possibly go wrong    !

image.png.1e0e4ff5c17e47772f207172236bf241.png

Stick with it.😉

• Thumbs Up 1