Trump Watches

RSD1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

But then again you underestimate the level of intelligence of trump supporters, because he likes the "poorly educated" and to quote you, "not even a halfwit would buy one, surely", well there are plenty of halfwits in the USA, supporting the cult leader, so no doubt a few will sell – – but what they won't realise is that they are being taken for fools, mainly because in their eyes, Donald doesn't do that sort of thing, does he!!!!!!!

Yeah right, and anyway they can put it with their gold sneakers, NFTs, Maga Hats and "the election was stolen" T-shirts, thereby proving the point that they are halfwits.

You are calling person with $100 000 going spare to spend casually "a fool" .

I doubt that they are that foolish, having that much spare cash 

17 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

What's seems to be the issue?

17 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

how can they be fake?

I agree: they are not fakes, although their design is clearly inspired by the Rolex Oyster, the only watchmaker that undemanding watch enthusiasts really appreciate.

It's just a lie that they are the best watches made: the components, starting from the heart of every fine watch, the movement, used in making them are "cheap", at least when compared to similarly priced timepieces. Even the dial screams of "cheapness" and poor craftmanship.

And its's also a fraud: 200 grams of 18k gold cost around $13,000. One hundred diamonds priced from $10 to $30 each, $2,000. The Olivier Mory Tourbillon movement $1,200-$1,800. Add $2,000 of other components and assembly (and I am generous), and you have a $18,000-$19,000 USD sold for $100,000.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

On the contrary, they would certainly be a fool if they spent it on cr@p like that, being hawked by a champion grifter!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

I agree: they are not fakes, although their design is clearly inspired by the Rolex Oyster, the only watchmaker that undemanding watch enthusiasts really appreciate.

It's just a lie that they are the best watches made: the components, starting from the heart of every fine watch, the movement, used in making them are "cheap", at least when compared to similarly priced timepieces. Even the dial screams of "cheapness" and poor craftmanship.

And its's also a fraud: 200 grams of 18k gold cost around $13,000. One hundred diamonds priced from $10 to $30 each, $2,000. The Olivier Mory Tourbillon movement $1,200-$1,800. Add $2,000 of other components and assembly (and I am generous), and you have a $18,000-$19,000 USD sold for $100,000.

Obviously I can’t speak for the quality of the watches, but yeah, they’re definitely not the best watches in the world. But then again, why does  anything he says surprise you? He’s a massive gasbag! 

There’s a lot more that goes into making a watch then the items that you’ve listed. Designing a watch usually takes at least a year and the people involved expect a paycheck. Then you have to have a plant that can make the watches and they have overhead costs as well, lighting, electricity, insurance, staff, telephone, internet, taxes and all the rest of it. It’s not just the sum of the parts and the actual labor. If you don’t have your own plant then you have to outsource it to someone, which will add even more to the price because they want to makes penny as well. 

in regards to the pricing, yeah definitely overpriced, but that’s pretty much true for every luxury watch brand with a few exceptions, like A. Lange & Söhne for example. Take Rolex for example, and they’re by no means the worst when it comes to overpricing, they sell their watches for 55% of the retail price  to their authorized dealers. That means your 10K Rolex is really only a 3K watch to Rolex in terms of what it costs them to manufacture that watch.  The epitome of overpricing is Richard Mille, though. I wouldn’t even wear one of those to go take a <deleted> in the woods. All hype and no substance and their ooohhhhh so fancy case design sucks when it comes to water resistance. That’s why you have to send it in to get the gaskets changed every 18 months. Will they tell you that when you fork out hundreds of thousands of dollars? Of course not, but they’ll gladly tell you that it’s in the manual that comes with the watch when you bring it in after water entered the case and you want to get it repaired under warranty, which they won’t do because you didn’t get the gaskets changed! Who reads the manual of a simple three-hander anyway?! Absolutely pathetic! One of the watches I own is a 2008 Seiko SKX. Never had any gaskets changed and it’s still waterproof after 17 years! 

The bottom line is, every authorized dealer will overcharge you! 

7 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Take Rolex for example

Don't take Rolex, please. Rolex is the epitome of a bad example, when it comes to value for price of wristwatches.

7 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Designing a watch usually takes at least a year

Designing the Trump watch took no more than one day at most.

Its components, starting from the wristband, look like standard, machined parts, available off-the-shelf ($3,900 in 18k gold on eBay 18K Yellow Gold President Watch Band Strap For Rolex 26MM Datejust President | eBay).

The tourbillon timepiece manufactured by Olivier Mory retails for CHF 23,100 ($27,400), has an original (albeit ugly) design, and it is certainly not manufactured at scale (Maëlstrom - Skill Watches).

Edited by AndreasHG

8 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Obviously I can’t speak for the quality of the watches, but yeah, they’re definitely not the best watches in the world. But then again, why does  anything he says surprise you? He’s a massive gasbag! 

Although the big lying gas bag Donald Trump didn't actually say that they were the best watches in the World 

In a way, it's sort of good that Trump is fleecing his supporters (as they're the only ones who's buying his assorted junk).  By the time he's done, hopefully his supporters won't have much left to do any more damage.  As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted.   

• Haha 1

I wonder after he loses the election if he’s gonna still try and keep the grift going? I guess he’ll do the same thing that he did in 2020. He will say the election was stolen, he’ll start up a bunch of frivolous and baseless lawsuits in the courts, and he’ll ask his minions who voted for him to send him more money to “stop the steal” and to “make America goofy again”. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Thumbs Up 1

If Harris started a grifter watch business now and also a grifter Crypto business now, everyone would be saying that is insane and disqualifying and it would instantly ruin her chances to win. But yet the public and the press somehow accepts continued totaly INSANITY from Trump with new examples coming up daily. 

Explain. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

It tells us that the huckster is desperate for cash, and he believes that there's a good chance he's going to lose in November, and then the law authorities are going to pursue him, and he's going to need all the money that he can possibly get to fight that battle. In addition to that he's facing so many battles on the real estate front, and his businesses are not doing well so he'll do anything for cash at the moment. Lastly, he realizes that if he's a second time loser his name is not going to be worth anything, so he might as well cash in now. He also believes that many of his supporters are suckers so why not pedal them a $5,000 watch for $100k? 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Although the big lying gas bag Donald Trump didn't actually say that they were the best watches in the World 

I never said he did. The guy I was replying to did and I just went off that. He did say one of the best, though, and his watches are definitely not in the top ten. 

And he is a gasbag, whether you want to believe it or not. 60% of everything he said while in office has been proven to be not true. 

10 hours ago, AndreasHG said:

Don't take Rolex, please. Rolex is the epitome of a bad example, when it comes to value for price of wristwatches.

Designing the Trump watch took no more than one day at most.

Its components, starting from the wristband, look like standard, machined parts, available off-the-shelf ($3,900 in 18k gold on eBay 18K Yellow Gold President Watch Band Strap For Rolex 26MM Datejust President | eBay).

The tourbillon timepiece manufactured by Olivier Mory retails for CHF 23,100 ($27,400), has an original (albeit ugly) design, and it is certainly not manufactured at scale (Maëlstrom - Skill Watches).

Rolex s the perfect example because it's an entry level luxury brand. Most of the brands above it are even worse 

Mate, there's a million choices to be made in regards to every single part of a watch when it comes to designing a watch and there's no fricking way in hell it took just a day! I get it, you hate Trunp and you hate his watches, and thats perfectly fine with me, but don't let your hatred blind you to the point where you can't be reasoned with anymore. 

On 9/29/2024 at 1:34 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

Amazing nonsense. How does one say 

the phrase “more money than sense “ in Thai?  

I read  this cat was worth as much as one billion dollars. About 21 years ago I sat adjacent to him,  and Russel Simmons in a nice Italian trattoria in NYC . If Puffy had just “played within the lines” he could get all the gratification he would have ever wanted or needed for life. A fool. 

IMG_5145.png

Edited by Captain Monday

10 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Amazing nonsense. How does one say 

the phrase “more money than sense “ in Thai?  

I read  this cat was worth as much as one billion dollars. About 21 years ago I sat adjacent to him,  and Russel Simmons in a nice Italian trattoria in NYC . If Puffy had just “played within the lines” he could get all the gratification he would have ever wanted or needed for life. A fool. 

IMG_5145.png

Eh , is that any way on topic ?

You sat next to the man in the photo 21 years ago ?

Anyway about the Trumps watches

20 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

I never said he did.

So who was it that claimed that they are the best watches in the World ?

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Eh , is that any way on topic ?

You sat next to the man in the photo 21 years ago ?

Anyway about the Trumps watches

Absolutely, foolish. Only an idiot would buy one. We could go on and on about wealthy people who squandered their money or ended up jailed for life. But some of them were not just fools, they are psychopaths and criminals like  Donald Trump. 

On 9/29/2024 at 1:34 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

Just because people have spare

cash does not make them

not a fool.  

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Absolutely, foolish. Only an idiot would buy one. We could go on and on about wealthy people who squandered their money or ended up jailed for life. But some of them were not just fools, they are psychopaths and criminals like  Donald Trump.  

You have no idea who will buy the watches , but you already know that they are psychopaths and criminals ?

You are giving an unqualified medical diagnoses about some person whom you don't even know or even know who they are .

Maybe if Trump wins and appoints himself first Monarch of the Trump dynasty in 2025 they will become real collectors items 😀

More likely I’d reckon any dufus who buys one of these pieces of garish  dreck will be lucky to get melt and loose diamond weight a few years later minus a hefty premium for the pawnbroker or goldsmith.

IMG_5146.webp