Homeless Group Celebrates with 10,000 Baht Wallet Aid, Buys Alcohol

webfact

2-47-1.jpg

Residents of Nonthaburi are calling for government intervention after a group of homeless individuals used their digital wallet funds, totaling 10,000 baht, to buy alcohol. The intoxicated group then defecated in public, causing distress due to the foul odor.

A Facebook user recently posted images of human feces under the Rama IV Bridge in Pak Kret, Nonthaburi, complaining about the issue and urging authorities to address it. The situation has reportedly persisted for some time due to the presence of numerous homeless individuals in the area.

On September 27, reporters visited the scene and confirmed the presence of human waste, as previously reported. A homeless man, visibly intoxicated and soiled with feces, was found sleeping in a nearby parking lot.

Attempts to communicate with him were unsuccessful, as locals confirmed he had a communication disability. Residents noted that after receiving funds from the government’s digital wallet program, a group of 4-5 homeless individuals regularly gathered in the area to drink alcohol.

Mr. Sane Kotasombat, a 61-year-old motorcycle taxi driver, expressed frustration, saying the vagrants didn’t disturb anyone with noise but their public defecation created discomfort for passersby. He urged the authorities to intervene, as most of the individuals in question were mute and used sign language to communicate, reported Daily News.

Mr. Surachai Sukklam, another motorcycle taxi driver, echoed these concerns. He noted that the group often drank in the area and urinated nearby, creating an unpleasant environment. Despite previous attempts by the Pak Kret municipality to resolve the issue, the problem persists.

Locals are requesting that authorities take appropriate action to resolve the situation.

Picture courtesy: Daily News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-28

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

What was the money supposed to stimulate???? It was always a great idea, right???

"Digital wallet" for listed goods/setvices and registered shops.

Never had a plan how to implement that.

Now handing out cash to the poorest and be surprised what happens.

A lot of the money goes to the big players in retail and fill up the wallet of the super rich clans.  Brilliant.

The participating banks are stuffed with masses of people waiting under tents in the sun.

The queue of the U-Turn to the local MAKRO was as long as never seen since Songkran.

Avoid this weekend for shopping!

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

saying the vagrants didn’t disturb anyone with noise but their public defecation created discomfort for passersby. He urged the authorities to intervene, as most of the individuals in question were mute and used sign language to communicate, reported Daily News.

Stand well clear if they start singing in sign, you could accidently get hit..................

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

No need to ask why they are homeless ... :coffee1:

I would say the main reason is because they are Mute and unable to get work, to pay rent.     Getting drunk together seems fair to me, but where are homeless people suposed to take a dump ? Why can't a toilet be emplaced there if there are "Numerous" homeless in the area ? 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The situation has reportedly persisted for some time due to the presence of numerous homeless individuals in the area.

• Agree 1

I gave some money to the slum family one time.  The next time I visited there was a 1 meter pile of beer cans and bottles.  My gf said the neighbor died.  He litterly drank himself to death.  Made me smile.

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I would say the main reason is because they are Mute and unable to get work, to pay rent.     Getting drunk together seems fair to me, but where are homeless people suposed to take a dump ? Why can't a toilet be emplaced there if there are "Numerous" homeless in the area ? 

That's not a reason, that's an excuse :coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

I love it when my predictions come true, what a waste of taxpayer money! If they wanted a net positive return scheme, they should have spent the money on education instead. This is just another boondoggle brought to you by the PT, and will do absolutely nothing for the economy.