already staying in a hotel for 1 month but need to stay to another hotel for just 1 night

A friend of mine is staying in a hotel, he has booked for one month but he needs to go to another hotel just for one night. Does it have to ask the receptionist to do tm30 again when he will go back to the first hotel that he has booked for one month?

Ultimately - if he is not going to have any interaction with his local Immigration office, then it doesn't matter about the TM30 as Immigration at the airports are never bothered about it. 

However, technically yes, but this also depends on 'what' the hotel fills out. 

IF Hotel A fills out a TM 30 when he checks in.

IF Hotel B (1 nighter) also fills out a TM 30 when he checks in.

Then Hotel A will need to fill out another TM 30 when he re-checks in.

However, IF Hotel B doesn't fill out a TM30 then any change of address is not registered under a new TM30 and thus there is no need for Hotel A to re-register a TM30 again.

Again... If your 'friend' is only here for one month and exiting via the airport without having any dealings with an immigration office, none of this is necessary.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

He told me Chiang Mai immigration

CM bit weird with TM30.

He can just ask "one night" hotel to not do TM30

No harm in asking the hotel he returns to to do a now TM30 and provide screenshot of filing..

As I asked above does he plan to obtain extension.

If not do nothing.

In future posting details helps.

Immigration office.

Status in Thailand eg visa exempt OR....

Intention to obtain extension yes/no 

etc etc 

• Thumbs Up 1

He just told me he will do a new tm30 when he will go back to the same hotel... He asked that to the receptionist and no problem at all. Thank you for the answers by the way