Looking for 6/7 seaters car in thailand

Hi everyone,

I’m planning to move to Thailand next month and my budget for a car is 200,000 Baht or less.

What brands are good, easy to repair, and commonly used in Thailand for 6/7-seaters?

I currently have offers for the following:

• Chevrolet Captiva 2012 for 189,000 Baht
  • Chevrolet Captiva 2007 for 145,000 Baht
  • Toyota Wish for approximately 160,000 Baht
  • Toyota Avanza 2012 for 215,000 Baht

What should I get? I’ve heard that Chevrolets are not very popular in Thailand and can be hard to repair. I like the appearance of the Captiva, but I’m concerned about maintenance. Should I go for a diesel or petrol engine? I’ve never had a diesel car before, but I’m open to it if the fuel price is cheaper than petrol.

If a 6/7-seater isn’t possible within my budget, a 5-seater SUV would be fine too. Please recommend some models and brands.

P.S. Is there a service in Bangkok that offers car condition checks? I don’t want to end up with a flooded car. 😄

Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, Xisnow said:

Hi everyone,

I’m planning to move to Thailand next month and my budget for a car is 200,000 Baht or less.

What brands are good, easy to repair, and commonly used in Thailand for 6/7-seaters?

I currently have offers for the following:

• Chevrolet Captiva 2012 for 189,000 Baht
  • Chevrolet Captiva 2007 for 145,000 Baht
  • Toyota Wish for approximately 160,000 Baht
  • Toyota Avanza 2012 for 215,000 Baht

What should I get? I’ve heard that Chevrolets are not very popular in Thailand and can be hard to repair. I like the appearance of the Captiva, but I’m concerned about maintenance. Should I go for a diesel or petrol engine? I’ve never had a diesel car before, but I’m open to it if the fuel price is cheaper than petrol.

If a 6/7-seater isn’t possible within my budget, a 5-seater SUV would be fine too. Please recommend some models and brands.

P.S. Is there a service in Bangkok that offers car condition checks? I don’t want to end up with a flooded car. 😄

Thanks in advance!

Chevrolet exited Thailand completely so forget those as there is no dealer or service network.

Toyotas probably your best bet for a 10-15 year old car as long as it has a good full service history. You can get a Toyota fixed anywhere if things go wrong and parts are plentiful.

I would recommend buying from Toyota Sure as it is an official Toyota second hand car, you get a warranty etc. Don't think you'll find a good MPV for under 200k though.

https://www.toyotasure.com/home/

Edited by josephbloggs