Looking for 6/7 seaters car in thailand

Xisnow

Hi everyone,

I’m planning to move to Thailand next month and my budget for a car is 200,000 Baht or less.

What brands are good, easy to repair, and commonly used in Thailand for 6/7-seaters?

I currently have offers for the following:

• Chevrolet Captiva 2012 for 189,000 Baht
  • Chevrolet Captiva 2007 for 145,000 Baht
  • Toyota Wish for approximately 160,000 Baht
  • Toyota Avanza 2012 for 215,000 Baht

What should I get? I’ve heard that Chevrolets are not very popular in Thailand and can be hard to repair. I like the appearance of the Captiva, but I’m concerned about maintenance. Should I go for a diesel or petrol engine? I’ve never had a diesel car before, but I’m open to it if the fuel price is cheaper than petrol.

If a 6/7-seater isn’t possible within my budget, a 5-seater SUV would be fine too. Please recommend some models and brands.

P.S. Is there a service in Bangkok that offers car condition checks? I don’t want to end up with a flooded car. 😄

Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

That's all in Thai but if they still have a nationwide service network then I stand corrected.

I thought they exited Thailand a year or so ago? How long are those dealers going to be around for?

I still wouldn't buy one.

Cannot speak for the whole nation but in Pattaya Ford took over the service for Chevrolet.

Chevrolet closed down manufacturing and dealerships late 2020.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1149983-chevrolet-assures-after-sale-service-following-exit-from-thailand/

Edited by Ralf001

9 hours ago, phetphet said:

Honda used to do a 7-seater BR-V and CR-V, but price range might prove difficult.

Nissan or Mitsubishi do the Xpander. Again, price range will limit your choice.

what about ford eco sport 2015 guys ? i saw them on website from 1500000 to 200000 baht are they good car.

9 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

The Toyota Avanza is probably the most reliable and sensible option, even if it is incredibly boring

For me the Avanza works well in the 11th year now.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2024 at 12:26 AM, josephbloggs said:

Chevrolet exited Thailand completely so forget those as there

I doubt it. You can buy new Chevrolet Captiva in Thailand. It's a reliable car since the new owner is in China. So made in China!

58 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I doubt it. You can buy new Chevrolet Captiva in Thailand. It's a reliable car since the new owner is in China. So made in China!

link please to a new chevvy in Thailand

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xisnow said:

what about ford eco sport 2015 guys ? i saw them on website from 1500000 to 200000 baht are they good car.

Too small for 6/7 passengers

50 minutes ago, Xisnow said:

avanza 2012 vs innova 2010 pls advise

avanza is just 1.5 and innnova is 2.0

Innova is a lot bigger so much better for 6/7 passengers

How about:

- Mitsubishi Space Wagon - 7 seats and in the price range. 

- Older PPV like Isuzu MU7, Ford Everest, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Toyota Sport Rider

• Like 1

On 9/29/2024 at 12:18 AM, Xisnow said:

Hi everyone,

I’m planning to move to Thailand next month and my budget for a car is 200,000 Baht or less.

What brands are good, easy to repair, and commonly used in Thailand for 6/7-seaters?

I currently have offers for the following:

• Chevrolet Captiva 2012 for 189,000 Baht
  • Chevrolet Captiva 2007 for 145,000 Baht
  • Toyota Wish for approximately 160,000 Baht
  • Toyota Avanza 2012 for 215,000 Baht

What should I get? I’ve heard that Chevrolets are not very popular in Thailand and can be hard to repair. I like the appearance of the Captiva, but I’m concerned about maintenance. Should I go for a diesel or petrol engine? I’ve never had a diesel car before, but I’m open to it if the fuel price is cheaper than petrol.

If a 6/7-seater isn’t possible within my budget, a 5-seater SUV would be fine too. Please recommend some models and brands.

P.S. Is there a service in Bangkok that offers car condition checks? I don’t want to end up with a flooded car. 😄

Thanks in advance!

How about a 1964 VW Kombi?

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

link please to a new chevvy in Thailand

OP is looking for a second hand car. Since China is the share holder, spare parts are available with former Chevy dealers, probably from China. I can't see problems to buy a used Captiva if it comes to maintenance and spare parts.

Forget GM Cars or Ford , when japanese Cars available! Toyota and Mitsubishi (Pajero) are way out the Best. I Bought 2021 a Mitsubishi Pajero Year 2011. Unbreakable and comfortable. Had never a Problem since. Changed the Breakpads for 1500 Thb.

• Like 1