The Republican Freak Show

Mazungu

28 minutes ago, diceman said:

who mentioned Trump? i was making the point that Biden was pushed aside kicking n screaming, desperately clinging on to the nomination. in no universe did he 'show good sense and bow out gracefully'. 

I like the term "defestrated". I think I will use it repeatedly, in a holistic way. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Errr yes, so you should really ask the person that linked to it instead.

You are the one saying that "MAGA cultists" use it as a source of information  no ?  

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooo, tell us why millions of Americans will vote for him if he's what you say?

I think the answer to your question would be obvious if you thought about it for even a few seconds and did a few more seconds of introspection and then a few more seconds talking to your buddies who plan to vote for him. If that doesn't fill in the picture for you then nothing will.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, diceman said:

Bow out gracefully? Good sense?  Dems must live in a parallel universe

I probably shouldn't tell you this but you can find out about it yourself if you're good with a computer and know the dark web. Trump is such a threat to America and democracy a drastic plan needed to be hatched by the Dems. It was decided by Biden & Harris in the spring that if by summer Biden was trailing in the polls that they would do a switcharoo in the hopes Harris could do better. So they moved up the first debate for June when all the other first presidential debates in history had occurred in September or October. They did this because it was apparent by then that Biden would lose to Trump and maybe even by a landslide. The only way they could get public support for this was by making it look like Biden had advanced dementia and needed Harris to take over. In truth Biden is just fine but for the good of the country and to keep the ruse going he now has to act like he has late-stage dementia. Otherwise Trump would call "foul" and "it's not fair," and maybe even try another coup. Go back and look at Biden's SOTU speech in March. Biden was strong and vigorous. So much so that Trump suggested Biden was 'higher than a kite' during the speech and called for a pre-debate drug test. Do you really think a guy would go from strong and vigorous to late-stage dementia in 3 months? This 3-dimensional chess play by Biden/Harris had the added benefit of making Trump and his campaign spend hundreds of millions of dollars on ads and the GOP convention attacking Biden. That money was wasted and went down the tubes once Harris took over. So it seems at this point the drastic plan is working to a tee. 

35 minutes ago, johng said:

You are the one saying that "MAGA cultists" use it as a source of information  no ?  

Given that this is not the Pub forum, if you post something that is a quote from a fake news site as an 'argument' that would be a natural conclusion.

Edited by Inderpland

On 9/30/2024 at 11:11 AM, Mazungu said:

When I became old enough to vote I voted Republican in 3 straight presidential elections. In those days there was such a thing as a moderate Republican. Now the GOP would be unrecognizable to Ronald Reagan. Hopefully the GOP can return to some form of normalcy when the Trump era finally ends. 

"The Trump movement is built on layers of lies. It’s late, but it’s never too late to liberate yourself from them. One word of truth outweighs the world."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2024/09/mark-robinson-rfk-jr-trump/680064/

Actually, President Trump, is very much a centrist/moderate.  But the Democrats are so far left he looks like a "RIGHT WINGER". 🤣 (Like being a right winger is a bad thing).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I like the term "defestrated". I think I will use it repeatedly, in a holistic way. 

Before you do you should probably holistically assign a meaning to it as the term/word does not exist - at least not according to Google.

Edited by Inderpland
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooo, tell us why millions of Americans will vote for him if he's what you say?

The 2nd best president (or course Trump is #1) had the answer:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

- Abraham Lincoln

1 minute ago, gamb00ler said:

The 2nd best president (or course Trump is #1) had the answer:

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”

- Abraham Lincoln

Apart from Trumpettes.....it seems Trump, at least, can fool all of them, all of the time......sad.

• Like 1