Thai Actress’s Brother Refuses Settlement with Russian Attacker

webfact

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

I'm not an ordinary person, I'm a famous actress.

Sickening.

What's the point of these comments?

Was the actress involved? Did she speak to the Russian or the cops? 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

The Russian sounds like a real scumbag ....  send him to jail then the front lines in Donbas or somewhere near a landing missile.  

Worry not.When he is jailed,he shall cop plenty in the Donbas region😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

What's the point of these comments?

Was the actress involved? Did she speak to the Russian or the cops? 

You need to keep up with the news,  

See earlier news,

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mdr224 said:

Russians continuing to make thailand a less hospitable place for all whites, since thai people cant tell the difference

Just wondering.If I was to gather a Thai,Cambodian, Filipino, Burmese and an Indonesian person together in a room,would you be able to point out with great confidence who the Thai person is?

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Kinok Farang said:

If i ever see this Russian bully i am going to tell him that he's a waanker.

I can call him worse than that coz he will never hear me.

Most deaf folk can lip read. But in this case he’s both Deaf and Dumb.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Sickening.

no ....  it's not sickening,  she was just trying to use her influence to get some action.

The story should have just mentioned ' sister '  not as an actor or anything.   But your over-reaction could also be sickening.   :coffee1:

Send him to russia and then Ukraine and dead meat in one month… russian putin sheep .. always hero’s outside of czar putin control… and lame sheep inside putinland 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

A "wai" was offered to stop the Russian man from attacking his victim. Picture courtesy: Thai Rath

The younger brother of actress Chalida Vijitvongthong has refused to settle with a Russian man who allegedly assaulted him after he intervened to help a restaurant employee. The incident took place in the early hours of last Wednesday (September 25) at a restaurant on Ratchadapisek Soi 3, Bangkok.

Rachai Vijitvongthong, 29, was struck by a series of kicks and punches from an unnamed deaf Russian man at around 2 a.m., after attempting to stop the man from attacking the restaurant employee. Rachai later required three days of medical treatment, according to a certificate he submitted to the Huai Khwang police station.

Pol. Col. Prasopchok Aimpinij, head of the Huai Khwang station, stated that due to the assailant's deafness, a Russian sign language interpreter is necessary for the investigation. The interpreter is expected tomorrow, after which charges will be formally filed, reported Thai Rath.

Although the interpreter relayed the Russian man's regret, Mr. Rachai was unmoved by apologies or offers of negotiation. He insisted on a formal confession from the attacker, stating that he would proceed with a lawsuit within 48 hours if no confession was made.

Pol. Col. Prasopchok further explained the legal process: "If the case goes to court and the individual is sentenced to prison, he will serve his sentence in Thailand before any consideration of deportation by the Immigration Bureau."

This case highlights the commitment to following due legal processes, ensuring justice is served without yielding to informal settlements, even in the face of apologies. It reflects growing public frustration with violence and a demand for accountability.

---

This version improves the sentence structure for fluency and readability, while maintaining the original meaning.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-10-01

news-footer-2.png

image.png

Yes, the integrity of the Thai justice system is something that can surely be relied on.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Sickening.

Nothing to do with the post! The post is about her younger brother being attacked by a deaf Russian - she is not even being quoted.

Definitely doesn't understand in Thailand, you admit your guilt for a reduced sentence, say your sorry and move on.

It takes time for these Russians to learn how things are done in Thailand.  Most of us took years to be proficient in understanding Thai customs, processes, and acclimate.

Thailand probably sees it as a temporary inconvenience to get as much money out of the Foreigners before they change the rules.

1 hour ago, phitsanulokjohn said:

Just wondering.If I was to gather a Thai,Cambodian, Filipino, Burmese and an Indonesian person together in a room,would you be able to point out with great confidence who the Thai person is?

So you are confirming the point being made?

Shouldn't be too quick to condemn as everyone did with the Swiss guy kicking the "doctor" on the steps at Phuket. Admittedly it didn't look too good for the guy at the time but the court threw the case out the other day. Turns out her injuries weren't actually seen or examined by anyone and her PTSD claims were rejected as fiction. Not sure what the guy did or how bad it was but apparently nothing like she claimed and certainly not enough to have someones life and reputation destroyed and possible deportation and loss of ones life style / property. The court said the video proved nothing and there were no signs of physical aggression. If you have ever had a car accident where the other party was clearly in the wrong for eg: driving on the wrong side of the road, 15yo, unlicensed of course,with an unregistered vehicle, and admitted to having his phone in his hand whilst the accident occurred.....then have to endure the whole family with theirs grubby paws out for a payout.....you would realize often we are sitting ducks here. An easy mark.