Watch: Man Sparks Outrage by Smashing $4,000 Autographed Taylor Swift Guitar

Social Media

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It does for certain types on the forum. "Gammon" is the term often bandied around for such a demographic. 

Yes, he certainly drew a lot of attention to the cause and still has the guitar. Might even be worth more now given the attention the story has got. Might make a good prop at a Trump rally, or put it in a glass display cabinet on the wall of the white house for when Trump takes residence for the second time. 

See how much publicity you can get for $4000.

Taylor Swift encourages mass voter registration amongst young Americans and weird behavior by guy with visible health issues.

Blowing $4000 on demonstrating you need help is money wasted that could have been spent on therapy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor guitars aren't cheap and I assume that if she sold a stage played guitar it would be one of their more spendy models with a superior set up. here's a pic of her with one of hers on stage (doubt it was this model: goes for $10k)

image.jpeg.e8d29e2ee98e8473225ba32dd9c4cb09.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Taylor Swift encourages mass voter registration amongst young Americans and weird behavior by guy with visible health issues.

Blowing $4000 on demonstrating you need help is money wasted that could have been spent on therapy.

Incredible skills you are demonstrating there Chomps, diagnosing health issues remotely like that. Especially since you clearly acquired said skills in the last 8 weeks, you didn't seem to have them when Joe Biden was falling around stages introducing Zelenski as Putin. 😃

Not everyone considers $4000 a large sum of money, especially for people with "real" jobs. Probably chump change to him. He seemed to be enjoying himself, be happy for him. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

In today's America, $4000 is not that much. Maybe a night out at Chipotle for a family of four.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Incredible skills you are demonstrating there Chomps, diagnosing health issues remotely like that. Especially since you clearly acquired said skills in the last 8 weeks, you didn't seem to have them when Joe Biden was falling around stages introducing Zelenski as Putin. 😃

Not everyone considers $4000 a large sum of money, especially for people with "real" jobs. Probably chump change to him. He seemed to be enjoying himself, be happy for him. 

There’s a difference between sporting health issues and diagnosing them.

I’ve never been distracted by the confession accusation that started immediately in the aftermath of the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (diagnostic) Test.

When did I say $4000 was a lot of money?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

In today's America, $4000 is not that much. Maybe a night out at Chipotle for a family of four.

I don’t think it is a lot of money, but I suspect it’s more money than many of the people, who bought the lie that a billionaire backed by billionaires has their best interests at heart, have.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

There’s a difference between sporting health issues and diagnosing them.

He has a bit of a limp. Maybe one his cattle stepped on his foot that morning? How do you know it is a health issue requiring therapy? Enlighten us and expand on your remote medical diagnoses (with links to back up your findings). 

I’ve never been distracted by the confession accusation that started immediately in the aftermath of the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (diagnostic) Test.

You were certainly never distracted by the fact that Joe kept falling over, getting people's names wrong, slurring his words etc. 

Are your remarkable observations and subsequent diagnoses limited to certain political affiliations perhaps?

When did I say $4000 was a lot of money?

You implied that he had a choice between buying the guitar or treating the health issues that you invented on his behalf. In the unlikely event he has these mysterious health issues that appear to be a figment of your imagination, I find it quite reasonable to assume that he could afford both. 

• Confused 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

He has a bit of a limp. Maybe one his cattle stepped on his foot that morning? How do you know it is a health issue requiring therapy? Enlighten us and expand on your remote medical diagnoses (with links to back up your findings). 

You were certainly never distracted by the fact that Joe kept falling over, getting people's names wrong, slurring his words etc. 

Are your remarkable observations and subsequent diagnoses limited to certain political affiliations perhaps?

You implied that he had a choice between buying the guitar or treating the health issues that you invented on his behalf. In the unlikely event he has these mysterious health issues that appear to be a figment of your imagination, I find it quite reasonable to assume that he could afford both. 

You do choose some peculiar hills on which to die.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Absolutely right.

But sometimes people assume everyone shares their own financial issues. I very much doubt this guy cancelled an operation to pay for the guitar. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Turns out the $4,000 guitar wasn't even signed by Taylor Swift.  The nutty things that Trump supporters do....555

[But contrary to media reports, the guitar the man destroyed had not been signed by Swift — and was not a certified official guitar used by the singer, a source close to her merch company confirmed to Variety.]

https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/man-smashes-taylor-swift-guitar-video-1236161574/

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Here you go Jonny.

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/psychological-analysis-vandalism

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

You do choose some peculiar hills on which to die.

Peculiar is a relative term and we are all free to choose.

You choose hills in the form of convicted sex offenders like Huw Edwards, I choose hills in the form of amusing pranksters like this guy. 

Horses for courses. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Absolutely right.

But sometimes people assume everyone shares their own financial issues. I very much doubt this guy cancelled an operation to pay for the guitar. 

Who’s financial issues and what are these financial issues?

Or are you imagining them?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

Turns out the $4,000 guitar wasn't even signed by Taylor Swift.  The nutty things that Trump supporters do....555

[But contrary to media reports, the guitar the man destroyed had not been signed by Swift — and was not a certified official guitar used by the singer, a source close to her merch company confirmed to Variety.]

https://variety.com/2024/digital/news/man-smashes-taylor-swift-guitar-video-1236161574/

That explains it.

He bought a dud.

And a dud guitar too.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Who’s financial issues and what are these financial issues?

Or are you imagining them?

It wsa a general statement Chomps. "Some people". No need to take it to heart.  

As for imagining, you mean like imagining this guys health issues and ability to pay for them after buying the guitar? 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That explains it.

He bought a dud.

And a dud guitar too.

Given the fact he immediately smashed the guitar, one suspects the payment was for the ability to make a viral political statement (and perhaps his own amusement) rather than for the guitar itself.

Seems he got exactly what he paid for, in spades. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, blazes said:

I am proud to say that I have never actually heard this woman sing, but I can only assume, from the outfits she wears and the romantic company she keeps, that her songs are at an appropriate level of competence and taste.....

I am also proud I have never consciously listened to this twerp. Maybe I heard a song in a restaurant but did not know the singer.  I find this woman to be very unappealing with her sequenced leotards. I have heard that millions of swifties have abandoned her due to her endorsement of word salad Harris.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Not a weird act in the mind of a trump cult follower, so hopefully he can go back on his meds because by the looks of the colour of his face he either has a health problem or likes to apply makeup to mimic his leader!

He may have destroyed a cut rate guitar that nobody cares about. But at least he didn't try to destroy a Van Gogh like the anti-oil mob.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Clearly you don't know the meaning of vandalism. He owned the guitar. Hence he had permission to destroy it and therefore it was not vandalism. 

image.png.e4a5df645f3e3cfe49af477077c9b525.png

Perhaps Lawinfo.com is concerned with a definition that meets the criteria for criminal prosecution.

Not so the Oxford English Dictionary:

IMG_8089.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Not everyone considers $4000 a large sum of money, especially for people with "real" jobs. Probably chump change to him.

Hardly chump change for the typical Trump supporter. For a normal person, maybe, but not your typical Trump supporter (loser).

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Perhaps Lawinfo.com is concerned with a definition that meets the criteria for criminal prosecution.

Not so the Oxford English Dictionary:

IMG_8089.jpeg

erm its "his" private  property not others private  property

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Peculiar is a relative term and we are all free to choose.

You choose hills in the form of convicted sex offenders like Huw Edwards, I choose hills in the form of amusing pranksters like this guy. 

Horses for courses. 

As opposed to the convicted sex offender that is 45?

55 minutes ago, John Drake said:

He may have destroyed a cut rate guitar that nobody cares about. But at least he didn't try to destroy a Van Gogh like the anti-oil mob.

Or try to destroy Democracy in the US by storming the seat of government to try to overturn the "will of the people" who voted in a Democratic president!!

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You cannot vandalize your own property.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-i-be-charged-with-vandalizing-my-own-home-in-m-5916930.html

image.png.b22499035d707b3f430e962619ac2605.png

Perhaps you are getting confused with this thread?

No Jonny you can’t be prosecuted for ‘vandalizing your own property’

Despite having done so.

• Sad 1