Spreaders of Conspiracy Theories: Unmasking the Motivations Behind the Lies

Social Media

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

no mention of what he pled guilty to.

Well he plead guilty to get out of prison  its not at all unusual  unexpected or "unmanly"  to agree to anything to stop the torture.

Also no mention by detractors of the

plot to have him assassinated.

• Haha 2

Just now, johng said:

Well he plead guilty to get out of prison  its not at all unusual  unexpected or "unmanly"  to agree to anything to stop the torture.

Also no mention by detractors of the

plot to have him assassinated.

Assange was not subjected to ‘torture’ nor was he ever going to be, although I’m sure his tooth ache wasn’t pleasant.

’Plot to have him assassinated’? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

You need to Google 'why are smart educated people more prone to fake news and conspiracy theories'.

Presumably you did "your own research" using Google?

45 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

You need to Google 'why are smart educated people more prone to fake news and conspiracy theories'.

I googled and evidence suggests otherwise:

'People with high education are less likely than people with low education to believe in conspiracy theories'.

'Trump said, “I love the poorly educated.” The poorly educated love conservatives. In 2020, Trump won 56% of high school-educated voters and dropouts; Biden won 56% of college-educated voters and 67% of post-graduate voters'.

Why Education Predicts Decreased Belief in Conspiracy Theories - PMC (nih.gov)

Why do Republicans hate higher education? Here’s the sinister reason | Opinion (yahoo.com)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

’Plot to have him assassinated’? 

Yeah well no surprise you don't know about it, after all it wasn't announced on CNN  therefore doesn't exist !

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

You seem to do your share of mindless posting of false and misleading information yet like to deflect on those that post and disagree with you. Where do you get your great information from? 

False and misleading? You cant point to any.

Read the news. All of it. Before your fascist ilk censors it. Or is that a conspiracy theory?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Read the forum rules!

Bet you oppose censorship LOL. O wait, their is no censorship, its a conspiracy theory.

Can we grade conspiracy theories? Like minor ones that dont affect anyone, like say Barron Trump is autistic vs the Russia Hoax, which screwed up a country?

Just now, connda said:

Conspiracy Theory is a pejorative used to dismiss anything but the "one and only one acceptable narrative" and to shut down all further discussion on a topic.  Essentially it's a form of censorship where all but one narrative is accepted and then anyone who disagrees is openly maligned as a "conspiracy theorist."

If you don't know where the term "conspiracy theory" originated, then you are probably a rather low-information clone who is too cucked to question authority. 

And of course sometimes conspiracies do actually happen. Like when Boris Johnson, Kamala Harris and Biden whispered in Zelensky's ear "fight, we'll give you weapons" and thus prevented a peace deal Ukraine and Russia were negotiating.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

Graphic novelist Alan Moore put it best: “The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theories is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy, or the grey aliens, or the twelve-foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control, the truth is far more frightening; no-one is in control, the world is rudderless.”

How true, nobody could plan the mess the world is in. It's best to believe only your own experience as every news outlet, every political party, every religion has its own agenda. Read if you must but believe little.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, connda said:

If you don't know where the term "conspiracy theory" originated,

From the masters of deception,mis,mal and dis information  themself, those who conspire collude and plot to cover up anything

damaging to themself and their interests.

Hint for others who don't know  its a 3 letter agency.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

Presumably you did "your own research" using Google?

I actually saw it while looking at a few youtube videos/channels - it might have been Jordan Peterson who first pointed me at it years ago.  Give it a try - maybe you will learn something new - I was surprised too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

I googled and evidence suggests otherwise:

'People with high education are less likely than people with low education to believe in conspiracy theories'.

'Trump said, “I love the poorly educated.” The poorly educated love conservatives. In 2020, Trump won 56% of high school-educated voters and dropouts; Biden won 56% of college-educated voters and 67% of post-graduate voters'.

Why Education Predicts Decreased Belief in Conspiracy Theories - PMC (nih.gov)

Why do Republicans hate higher education? Here’s the sinister reason | Opinion (yahoo.com)

I think you are the type of person that Trump loves.

Why smart people are more likely to believe fake news | Books | The Guardian

Why Smart People Believe Stupid Things - YouTube

Intelligence doesn’t make you immune to conspiracy theories – it’s more about thinking style (theconversation.com)

Quote from the Guardian - "A firmer grounding in sceptical reasoning could help everyone – whatever their IQ – to use their intelligence to make wiser judgments."   These days kids are not so much 'educated' as they are 'indoctrinated' to believe whatever the teachers are saying is important.  By the time they get to Uni it is too late - it needs to be done in the junior schools.  Can you imagine that Uni under-grads who are gay, were marching to support the fanatical Islamists in Gaza who would kill them if they dared entered their part of Gaza and behaved that way.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, impulse said:

With over 10x as many registered Dems in mainstream journalism as registered Repubs, you don't figure there's a reason that Dems want you to listen only to the MSM? 

And the reason isn't journalistic integrity...

journos.png.26649069d262b46dc09a4fe3dacc1458.png

https://www.theamericanjournalist.org/_files/ugd/46a507_4fe1c4d6ec6d4c229895282965258a7a.pdf

Twitter was great when 95% of political donations from there went to Democrats, then Musk bought it, leveled the playing field,  all of a sudden it needs to be shut down!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, connda said:

anyone-got-any-new-conspiracy-theories-all-the-ones-i-knew-about-turned-out-to-be-true-287651-1.jpg.0e03770b77090e50caf9bbdee936d746.jpg

Did they though. Out of 100 be honest about how many were true. Of those that turned out correct - did the government and media say  that it was definitely false - or was it not denied as such but simply said there's no proof it's correct. Of course from time to time someone knows something that is the truth, has no proof, and it takes time to disseminate. Some governments and media too cannot be trusted or at least less than others. But the correct conspiracy theories  tend to be so few and far between - and so many theories so terribly obviously wrong - that it makes the comment a bit of a sham if you be honest in my opinion. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Smilin in Thailand said:

Free thinking people have a right to think and act autonomously.

Brain washed fools like you just want us to shut up and get with the program.

You will become extinct because you are spineless and incapable of rational thought.

When you have nothing to respond with, simply attack the poster.

Never mind the truth, never mind staying on topic. They don't matter.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I wonder how long they will continue their conspiracy to cover up Harris' complete lack of ability or intelligence. 

Until after the election when it will be obvious one way or the other.

3 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Enough to make me believe in conspiracies… 😎

Many are more believable than the "accepted narrative" would have you believe.  9/11  being a good case study   how many steel framed buildings have collapsed (into their own footprint)  due to fire  before and after this event ? then look the building 7 collapse.

3 on the same day...yeah conspiracy theories alright.

• Haha 1