Suvarnabhumi Visa Exempt - Change of Tactic Applied

I don't know how relaxed they are tbh. I had a weird encounter yesterday when entering with a tourist visa after 5 months stay back home in Sweden. I got questioned for 15 min at the booth by a female IO who seemed very new at the job, she even let me come and look at her screen to see if my old passport photo was indeed me.

After a while the IO in question called over a supervisor. Then they asked how long I will be staying, I said 3 months. And because I had my girlfriends name on the luggage tag in my boarding card the IO asked if I came alone or not, so I said I came with my girlfriend, which I did. 

Then the senior IO told her something in thai and kind of gestured her to let me in. I have no idea what, but she stamped me in. But before handing over my passport she said "next time come with marriage visa". I said okay lets see, I am not married. That was it, if its of interest to anyone. 

ps. they were questioning alot of people yesterday at the booth. I saw one girl get taken away somewhere aswell.

Edited by raz0r21

If you have a pink ID card, that's all the more reason to have a longterm visa/extension.

I really can't tell if you just got lucky or if airport IOs have a different take on this, but I'd be surprised if having a pink ID card but entering visa exempt excessively won't get you into trouble eventually. With people who spend a lot of time in Thailand visa exempt, immigration is more worried about them working illegally than them not having a place to stay.

1 hour ago, FARANG KIWI said:

I'm rather thinking that it is because of having a permanent address in Thailand that is sighted....

One of the most bizarre posts I have read in some time.

You are married to a Thai and opt for this nonsense.

Obtain a non O and subsequent 12 month extension.

Only requires 400k in bank for couple of months and then you can use it.

If anything the pink id would suggest that you have visa options.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Obtain a non O and subsequent 12 month extension.

Only requires 400k in bank for couple of months and then you can use it.

Doesn't want to put 400K in a Thai bank where he'll only get 2% interest, when he can invest it elsewhere for 5/6/7/%.

Well, that's the usual excuse!      😂

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Doesn't want to put 400K in a Thai bank where he'll only get 2% interest, when he can invest it elsewhere for 5/6/7/%.

Surprised this old chestnut is still being raised when most currencies have lost 8-9% to the baht in the last year.  That means he is much better off with that 2% gain 😉

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Spare a thought for extensions based on retirement.

For married guys annual extension it's a sweet deal.

Basically living in Thailand the 400k would sustain living (family) for few months as it can be used after stamp from under consideration period.

Thinking OP is basically a nonsense. 

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

There are many PERCEIVED benefits (especially by those who have them), there a few ACTUAL benefits.

The OP is implying that pink id is assisting ongoing living in Thailand using visa exempt entry+ 60 day to visit wife extension. Crazy.

From the OP ...

"I have been in Thailand for 15 out of the last 18 months on Visa Exempt plus Extensions ( including Family - Thai Wife ) plus Border bounces." 

What the....perhaps possible however moving forward.

@FARANG KIWI what is plan for next 15 out of 18.

What is point of your thread.

Get a non O based on marriage+ annual extensions.

Buy a multi reentry permit if needed.