Thai visa shake-up: Southeast Asia consulates switch to e-visa only

snoop1130

Last few years it seems "E-Visas" are the norm already so what's really new here? I have obtained two tourist E-Visas for Cambodia and one tourist visa for Myanmar in the last two years. I have also helped a British friend obtain a marriage E-Visa for Thailand twice (2023 & 2024). I have also helped my GF obtain two visit visas for the UK online in 2023 & 2024 (still have to go and submit passport and biometrics at an office in Bangkok). We had to file pre-entry permits for Singapore easily online when we went in 2023. I really don't see what the issues could be. Who wants to go to an embassy when it can all be done from the comfort of a hotel room or at home online?

No surprise at all. This "less work - less services" trend is chronic at all Embassies and Consulates worldwide. They don't want to deal with the people they are supposed to be assisting. Governments suck and are getting suckier with every passing year. :coffee1:

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Last few years it seems "E-Visas" are the norm already so what's really new here?

That you still have to travel to the country to use the e-visa system. 🤣

It´s like one of the most idiotic thing I´ve ever heard!

• Agree 1