Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

Inderpland

2 minutes ago, SHA 2 BKK said:

Little as I don’t want to wade into “Yankee” politics I must correct the above. 

Rupert Murdoch (formerly Australian but now a Citizen of The United States) to my knowledge is not Jewish.  In fact his father, Sir Keith Murdoch who founded the media empire, was the son of a Presbyterian Preacher and was born in the then British Colony of Victoria which became part of the Commonwealth of Australia on the 1st of January 1901 (no blood spilled). 

Sir Keith made a name for himself during the First World War when he reported on the horrible conditions faced by Australian Diggers (soldiers) at Gallipoli and the the Western Front.   After the war he returned to Australia and formed the genesis of the company Rupert inherited. 

Whilst I’m no fan of the Murdoch Empire I find it incredulous to believe that the Grandson of a Presbyterian Preacher is Jewish.  

Correct. Not a jew but married a jew. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So he's in cahoots (Jewhoots?) with Kamala Harris then. 

As an Australian I am not proud  of what he brought to the world. Hope the more normal kids win their court case and steer the empire in a new direction. 

https://fortune.com/2024/10/02/billionaire-murdoch-heirs-trust-battle-succession/

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Inderpland said:

Absolutely, that is my personal conspiracy theory and I can in no way prove it (other than what I've seen with my two eyes).

Are you ready to admit the same about the conspiracy theories you believe in?

i thought the hunter biden laptop was a conspiracy , silly me..oh wait...

1 hour ago, candide said:

A clip?  Seriously?  What about some scientific articles?

and what? the op i was referring to was a claim was MGT was a loon for talking about the hurricane and how the weather could be controlled, the clip prove this, to what extent is a different matter. the clip is from CBS, are you suggesting CBS aired fake news or conspiracy theories?

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

i thought the hunter biden laptop was a conspiracy , silly me..oh wait...

Ah yes, the laptop conspiracy. Not even the combined efforts by the usual gang of Trump sycophants could keep that plague victim alive.

4 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Ah yes, the laptop conspiracy. Not even the combined efforts by the usual gang of Trump sycophants could keep that plague victim alive.

If the FBI and MSM hadn't covered up the laptop, there would be someone else sitting in the White House.  And you could all be real happy his last term is almost over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got to say - anyone accusing MAGA of "conspiracy theories" who believed the well debunked Russia Hoax and "51 intelligence agents/Biden laptop" stories should sit this one out. 

We now have a nutter on here convinced that Trump is going to perpetrate some form of a coup and prevent President-elect Harris from being inaugurated if she wins. 

Anyway - all Democrats should be forced to recount "I never believed the Russia Hoax" before posting on the Internet. 

There would be silence cos they showed themselves to be the most gullible constituents on planet earth. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

You mean the laptop where the FBI admitted under oath in a court of law that the contents of the laptop were real? And Hunter was convicted? 

That one? 😬

They are all stark raving mad.

Nearly every American whether a Trump supporter or not rants on about conspiracy theories. It is their culture. They are not into normal stuff like geography etc. the right have their theories an the left have theirs. It is all BS.

They believe that Mary was a virgin and all the religious nonsense, their favorite sport is WWE wrestling and a whole bunch of other eye rolling nonsense.

Trump is who they deserve. He would be 100% unelectable in every other country.

There is at least one peer-reviewed scientific study floating around on the internet that shows that people favoring right-wing politics are more susceptible to propaganda and conspiracy theories and are easier to con.  Anyone interested in the truth can Google it and see for themselves.

Edited by shdmn
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

and what? the op i was referring to was a claim was MGT was a loon for talking about the hurricane and how the weather could be controlled, the clip prove this, to what extent is a different matter. the clip is from CBS, are you suggesting CBS aired fake news or conspiracy theories?

So a guy evoked this possibility 9 years ago. And since then it has fallen into oblivion and no scientific experiment to divert a major storm has ever been reported.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, candide said:

So a guy evoked this possibility 9 years ago. And since then it has fallen into oblivion and no scientific experiment to divert a major storm has ever been reported.

he said it was used in Vietnam, so its been around a lot longer than just 9 years, but the point is, there is the technology to manipulate the weather, to what extent its possible now, who knows. so MTG was not making things up or spouting total conspiracies as people have claimed. 

• Haha 2

Why is the Biden/Harris movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories that MAGA are somehow all conspiracy theorists?  Really - the Left are actually the bull-goose loonies who are completely out of touch with reality.  The Lefties project their own psychosis onto the conservative right and claim they are the crazies when it's the progressive Left who are completely nuts.  Tampons in the boy's bathrooms.  Men can have babies.  Ha ha ha ha ha! 

Change my mind!  :thumbsup:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, connda said:

Why is the Biden/Harris movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories that MAGA are somehow all conspiracy theorists?  Really - the Left are actually the bull-goose loonies who are completely out of touch with reality.  The Lefties project their own psychosis onto the conservative right and claim they are the crazies when it's the progressive Left who are completely nuts.  Tampons in the boy's bathrooms.  Men can have babies.  Ha ha ha ha ha! 

Change my mind!  :thumbsup:

Ha ha ha, no. Only professionals could do something for you.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

he said it was used in Vietnam, so its been around a lot longer than just 9 years, but the point is, there is the technology to manipulate the weather, to what extent its possible now, who knows. so MTG was not making things up or spouting total conspiracies as people have claimed. 

Of course not. She's not one to do that, is she.😂

1 hour ago, theblether said:

We now have a nutter on here convinced that Trump is going to perpetrate some form of a coup and prevent President-elect Harris from being inaugurated if she wins.

So I guess you were in a coma the last time Trump tried to subvert the legal transfer of power  and thereby committ treason?

That must have been tough.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

So I guess you were in a coma the last time Trump tried to subvert the legal transfer of power  and thereby committ treason?

That must have been tough.

i seem to remember 'march peacefully and make your voices heard'  perhaps it was you in the coma, 

Bob Woodward is claiming in his new book that Trump secretly sent Covid test kits to Putin in 2020 when there was a shortage in the US.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/trump-secretly-sent-covid-tests-to-putin-during-2020-shortage-new-book-says/ar-AA1rTpf7

Perhaps this is thanks for the election interference that Russia carried out in 2016.