Chonburi zoo applies to trademark pigmy hippo calf “Moo Deng”

snoop1130

So they make a story about a foreigner woman who travelled all the way to Thailand just to see that hippo (which I find very hard to believe) and now claim the baby hippo has become a global sensation? Very far reaching on their part. AS for the trademark. They may be able to make a trademark for the designs shown above but that is all they can do. You can not trademark an animal or even its name if it is not original. So this OP was made just to gain popularity among the locals and actually quite full of B.S.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

Didn't they make a 24 hour channel to watch it? I think i remember reading something about this a couple months ago..

Not heard about the hippo-channel but ...

There was certainly one for the baby panda a few years back. The world's most boring TV as it spent 99% of the time asleep, they could have used a still image and nobody would have noticed.

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well done..... I declined to stand in line with her wheelchair bound mother......

We went on a rainy day and that helped with the lines a lot, especially just after a 15 min shower...no line, tho it got very crowded 20 mins later. We were there for 90 minutes and she never moved from this position. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

We went on a rainy day and that helped with the lines a lot, especially just after a 15 min shower...no line, tho it got very crowded 20 mins later. We were there for 90 minutes and she never moved from this position. 🤣

My youngest wants to go see, but I recall reading it is now weekend-only viewing?  Mrs NL says that queues were reported as starting at sunrise, so we aren't very enthusiastic about it.

Good tip on the rain and queues though, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Excellent, thanks! We may revert to Plan A and visit Khao Kheow on the way from BKK to Rayong and get it out of the way first.

Good plan. We were on our way home to Jomtien from BKK and it was an easy decision and detour to make. 👍